Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 422653 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #4470 on: November 26, 2011, 10:20:04 pm »

Also, download Genesis and look at Deon's dwarf raws. They're pretty brilliant in the caste area.

Vanvidum

• Bay Watcher
  • Frolicking with Giant Badgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4471 on: November 26, 2011, 10:36:25 pm »

Vanvidum, does the text file your entity is in begin with
Code: [Select]
entity_whatever

[OBJECT:ENTITY]
?

If it does, then post the creature. I'm not sure what else it could be on the entity level.

It does, and I've tried to simplify things further, but still no luck. What could be in the creature raws that would cause the civ not to even appear in legends? From the arena, I know that they don't burst into flame or suffer any other obvious critical existence failure.

Here's the creature:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4472 on: November 26, 2011, 10:41:38 pm »

Your entity has [CREATURE:TYGAR] while the creature is [CREATURE:Tygar]

That's your problem.

Vanvidum

• Bay Watcher
  • Frolicking with Giant Badgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4473 on: November 26, 2011, 10:58:23 pm »

Your entity has [CREATURE:TYGAR] while the creature is [CREATURE:Tygar]

That's your problem.

...!

Of course it would have been that simple.  >:(

Well, at least I know what the problem was. They genned fine, and in an adventurer test I was killed by a horde of angry elves.

Thanks for the help guys.

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4474 on: November 27, 2011, 05:14:59 am »

So, am I just having bad luck so far? Or are multiple castes problematic for the game's recognition of genders for falling in love ?

Deon's Genesis mod has lots of castes for dwarves, male and female of each. They work just fine in my experience. So it's either bad luck, or just some misspelling in your raws.

so a normal male drow and an albino female drow should be able to marry? Hmm
I've looked at the raws for the genesis mod, don't see anything in the game I'm playing that would be a problem.

oh well, back to imprisoning single male drows with the albino females.

Tolarean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4475 on: November 27, 2011, 04:59:15 pm »

So, after checking the wiki a few times, then "consulting" the raw files, i find myself at an impasse.
Why does a rabbit not give meat? Nor fur?
And, how does one mod this into the raws? I was more confused than ever when i checked those.
Halp?

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4476 on: November 27, 2011, 05:16:27 pm »

So, after checking the wiki a few times, then "consulting" the raw files, i find myself at an impasse.
Why does a rabbit not give meat? Nor fur?
And, how does one mod this into the raws? I was more confused than ever when i checked those.
Halp?

It's too small. Increase it's size, that's what tells how much stuff does butchering return.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4477 on: November 28, 2011, 05:17:19 am »

Can i make a Creature i made playable?
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4478 on: November 28, 2011, 07:56:44 am »

Can i make a Creature i made playable?

yes just add something like this to the entity file:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Re: 1000 sgins that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)
...Wait. Adamantine is real?...
...155. You are no longer sure what metals are real or fictional.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4479 on: November 28, 2011, 03:24:59 pm »

Hi. I am attempting to make Hydras a little deadlier, in which I wish for them to heal at breakneck pace. So I have a few questions on the matter:

Will I have to create new tissue for it to heal at a new speed, or is there a flat modifer one could add to the creatures raws (HEAL SPEED:101), or am I missing something?

Is scaring nessasary? Is it needed to prevent blood loss, or can it be removed to give the feeling of regeneration to the hydra? It might make it utterly impossible to beat without actualy crushing it, but whatever.

A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4480 on: November 28, 2011, 03:50:21 pm »

Hi. I am attempting to make Hydras a little deadlier, in which I wish for them to heal at breakneck pace. So I have a few questions on the matter:

Will I have to create new tissue for it to heal at a new speed, or is there a flat modifier one could add to the creatures raws (HEAL SPEED:101), or am I missing something?

Is scaring necessary? Is it needed to prevent blood loss, or can it be removed to give the feeling of regeneration to the hydra? It might make it utterly impossible to beat without actualy crushing it, but whatever.
Hydras already heal at the fastest possible pace because of their
Code: [Select]
[SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:ALL]
[TL_HEALING_RATE:1]
(less is faster, higher is slower)

You could redefine its tissues to remove scaring (I think scaring impacts thickness, especially for what were really deep cuts). The tissues which currently have scarring are:
skin, fat, muscle, scale, eye, nerve, brain, lung, heart, liver, gut, stomach, pancreas, spleen, kidney, and chitin.
For the hydra you wouldn't need to redefine chitin or skin as the hydra has none, or the nerves as they won't heal regardless (though I think the spinal cord has nerve tissue which may be able to regenerate...hmmm...).
Bloodloss is determined by the VASCULAR tag (higher is more), but if you remove its blood it will never bleed and the only way to kill it would be to kill its heads.

If you want much tougher hydras you could remove their blood and the [HAS_NERVES] token. HAS_NERVES makes it possible to make it unable to stand if you can sever the motor nerves in its leg(s), unable to grip with its hand by dicing them in the arms, etc. Removing these gives you a creature you can't disable, barring dismemberment, that can only be killed by ending its heads.
If you add the [CAN_LEARN] to it it will also get better at skills during and after world gen, but you won't be able to butcher them unless you remove it. You could just remove the token, butcher it, and put it back(or not) every time it comes to that.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4481 on: November 28, 2011, 05:30:42 pm »

[SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:ALL]
      [TL_HEALING_RATE:1]

How strange, I could have sworn that Deons ilithalids healed at crazy-fast rates.  Would making it HEALING_RATE:0 make it unable to heal at all?

You could redefine its tissues to remove scaring (I think scaring impacts thickness, especially for what were really deep cuts). The tissues which currently have scarring are:
skin, fat, muscle, scale, eye, nerve, brain, lung, heart, liver, gut, stomach, pancreas, spleen, kidney, and chitin.
For the hydra you wouldn't need to redefine chitin or skin as the hydra has none, or the nerves as they won't heal regardless (though I think the spinal cord has nerve tissue which may be able to regenerate...hmmm...).
Bloodloss is determined by the VASCULAR tag (higher is more), but if you remove its blood it will never bleed and the only way to kill it would be to kill its heads.

Would the lack of scarring effect the rate of healing at all?

If you want much tougher hydras you could remove their blood and the [HAS_NERVES] token. HAS_NERVES makes it possible to make it unable to stand if you can sever the motor nerves in its leg(s), unable to grip with its hand by dicing them in the arms, etc. Removing these gives you a creature you can't disable, barring dismemberment, that can only be killed by ending its heads.

Ohh, this looks interesting. 8)  Would I be correct in stating that such a creature would be able to ignore the worst effects of slashing attacks well?
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4482 on: November 28, 2011, 07:15:40 pm »

How strange, I could have sworn that Deons ilithalids healed at crazy-fast rates.  Would making it HEALING_RATE:0 make it unable to heal at all?
I don't know. Most likely.

Would the lack of scarring effect the rate of healing at all?
No. Just possibly tissue thickness from healed gashes.

Ohh, this looks interesting. 8)  Would I be correct in stating that such a creature would be able to ignore the worst effects of slashing attacks well?
Yes, barring dismemberment.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4483 on: November 28, 2011, 07:23:29 pm »

Either healing_rate:0 will make them unable to heal or heal instantaneously.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4484 on: November 28, 2011, 07:35:02 pm »

I don't know. Most likely.
Tested: Removes healing.
A creature got cut on the arm and it didn't heal by the time a gash on a human did (15 days) in the Arena.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 357