Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 422726 times)

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #4410 on: November 23, 2011, 03:54:37 pm »

Tokens like WRITING exist within the code but just aren't used for anything, in vanilla. You should be able to use them as reaction skills with no problem. Skills that can't be toggled (such as military or social skills) will have anyone do the job, yup, but they can still be restricted via the workshop profile.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4411 on: November 23, 2011, 04:08:03 pm »

Tokens like WRITING exist within the code but just aren't used for anything, in vanilla. You should be able to use them as reaction skills with no problem. Skills that can't be toggled (such as military or social skills) will have anyone do the job, yup, but they can still be restricted via the workshop profile.

Interesting! Does that mean if you did use them, would they actually show up in the skill list eventually, or do they simply exist within the code but don't "actually" exist?

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4412 on: November 23, 2011, 04:30:24 pm »

Interesting! Does that mean if you did use them, would they actually show up in the skill list eventually, or do they simply exist within the code but don't "actually" exist?

Yeah, they should show up. They're the same as skills like carpentry, etc, but they don't have a vanilla use and don't show up on migrants.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4413 on: November 23, 2011, 05:30:41 pm »

Having a bit of a problem that I can't figure out, it should work but it isn't.

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:MAKE_SOUL_CRUCIBLE]
[NAME:shape soul energy]
[BUILDING:RUNE_ATELIER]
[PRODUCT:10:1:ROUGH:NONE:INORGANIC:SOUL_CRUCIBLE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[SKILL:CONCENTRATION]

Is the reaction, however the workshop doesn't have any reactions in it at all. I can't see any reason why, you don't need a product I'm pretty sure... the reaction is permitted in the entity file as well. The workshop itself is as such:

[BUILDING_WORKSHOP:RUNE_ATELIER]
[NAME:Rune Atelier]
[NAME_COLOR:7:0:1]
[BUILD_LABOR:FORGE_WEAPON]
[BUILD_LABOR:FORGE_ARMOR]
[BUILD_LABOR:FORGE_FURNITURE]
[BUILD_LABOR:METAL_CRAFT]
[BUILD_KEY:CUSTOM_T]
[DIM:3:3]
[BLOCK:1:1:1:0]
[BLOCK:2:0:0:1]
[BLOCK:3:0:0:0]
[TILE:0:1:11:0:32]
[TILE:0:2:32:32:32]
[TILE:0:3:32:32:11]
[COLOR:0:1:7:0:0:7:0:0:0:0:0]
[COLOR:0:2:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0]
[COLOR:0:3:0:0:0:0:0:0:7:0:0]
[TILE:1:1:32:238:0]
[TILE:1:2:32:32:32]
[TILE:1:3:11:32:32]
[COLOR:1:1:0:0:0:7:0:0:7:0:0]
[COLOR:1:2:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0]
[COLOR:1:3:7:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0]
[TILE:2:1:0:238:0]
[TILE:2:2:32:32:146]
[TILE:2:3:32:32:0]
[COLOR:2:1:7:0:0:7:0:0:7:0:0]
[COLOR:2:2:0:0:0:0:0:0:7:0:0]
[COLOR:2:3:0:0:0:0:0:0:7:0:0]
[TILE:3:1:8:238:0]
[TILE:3:2:32:32:146]
[TILE:3:3:0:32:0]
[COLOR:3:1:7:4:0:7:0:0:7:0:0]
[COLOR:3:2:0:0:0:0:0:0:7:0:0]
[COLOR:3:3:7:0:0:0:0:0:7:0:0]
[BUILD_ITEM:2:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][BUILDMAT][FIRE_BUILD_SAFE][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]

The shown reaction is the second reaction in the same text file, and the first one is showing up at the appropriate workshop but I can't test if the reaction work, as I need a Soul Crucible.

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4414 on: November 23, 2011, 05:36:38 pm »

Did you generate a new world?

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4415 on: November 23, 2011, 05:41:35 pm »

Did you generate a new world?

Excuse me while I headdesk. I forgot about that for a second. Let me go do that now...

EDIT:
Tried it in a new world. No luck either.

The reaction in the entity as well:
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_SOUL_CRUCIBLE]
EDIT2:
A different question. Say for example I make a book, and I make said book from vellum and leather... say vellum has a value of 5 and is made from leather. Assuming the leather had just a value of 1, this would mean the vellum is worth 5 dorfbux right?

If a reaction used both the vellum and leather (assume the leather is 1 value) would that mean the finished product is then worth 6? If the product had a value, say of 10, would that then mean it's worth 60?

I'm trying to figure out just what the VALUE token means, and how reactions work when multiple regents are involved. I'm aiming for a unique tradegood (books) and want to make them fairly profitable, but not TOO profitable.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 12:53:38 am by krisslanza »

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4416 on: November 24, 2011, 07:13:56 pm »

It's currently not possible for you to create a book out of multiple materials. Sure you can make it need to take multiple reagents, but the book itself would be determined by the product line and could only be made out of a single material, whose [VALUE:X] token would determine what the value of the book was. So you could have a book that was made out of vellum or you could have a book made out of leather or something else, but you can't have a book made out of vellum/leather.

The way that the VALUE token works is a rather simple equation. (You can find all of the value numbers that I am talking about here.) First the item value is set equal to the base value of the item (block, stone, cloth, bolt, etc.). So for example if you have a +rope reed sock+ then you start with the base value of a sock (6) then multiply it by the value of the material that it is made out of (x2 for rope reed, giving a value of 12) and then multiply by any quality modifiers ("+" in this case, giving x3 and a final value of 36 dwarfbucks).
So to write it simply (base item type value)x(value of material)x(quality modifier)+(cost of any decorations)=(final item cost).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4417 on: November 24, 2011, 07:18:46 pm »

When multiple reagents are involved, all reagents are used. The product's material is based upon either a set material mentioned in the product line or GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:(reagent id).

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4418 on: November 25, 2011, 12:15:08 am »

I see, thank you. I heard somewhere the next update is supposed to have books, so I'll have to see about that...

What determines if an item gets the material next to its name, or is that always there? Example of how iron shields, or a leather backpack. Come to think of it, I think that might be always... think my books will all come out named like "animal leather book". Or would it be "vellum book"?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4419 on: November 25, 2011, 01:39:42 am »

If you had a custom material called vellum, you could have vellum book.

Vanvidum

• Bay Watcher
  • Frolicking with Giant Badgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4420 on: November 25, 2011, 09:00:53 am »

I'm having trouble getting a modded civilization to appear in worldgen; they stubbornly are unavailable for fortress or adventure mode, and I can't even seem to find any of them in legends. The base creature tests out fine in the arena  without problems (though at first I accidentally caused them to start melting).

As far as I know, this is the critical part in getting them to show up, but I'm getting nothing.
[ENTITY:CELESTIAL]
   [CIV_CONTROLLABLE]
   [CREATURE:TYGAR]
   [ADVENTURE_TIER:4]
   [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE]
       (etc)

What else should I be looking for?

Teldin

• Bay Watcher
  • Canadian Bacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4421 on: November 25, 2011, 09:44:37 am »

I'm having trouble getting a modded civilization to appear in worldgen; they stubbornly are unavailable for fortress or adventure mode, and I can't even seem to find any of them in legends. The base creature tests out fine in the arena  without problems (though at first I accidentally caused them to start melting).

As far as I know, this is the critical part in getting them to show up, but I'm getting nothing.
[ENTITY:CELESTIAL]
   [CIV_CONTROLLABLE]
   [CREATURE:TYGAR]
   [ADVENTURE_TIER:4]
   [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE]
       (etc)

What else should I be looking for?

Check the biomes it can live on/spawn on, it might overlap with other civs too much and they are being replaced in worldgen by them. It sounds to me like they're not being spawned due to biome issues. Can you paste the full entity raw?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4422 on: November 25, 2011, 04:03:09 pm »

How exactly do you make a custom workshop ? I am trying to make a special version of steel that causes a syndrome (Hallucinations if possible) when it cuts someone

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4423 on: November 25, 2011, 04:37:01 pm »

How exactly do you make a custom workshop ? I am trying to make a special version of steel that causes a syndrome (Hallucinations if possible) when it cuts someone

Workshops are easy.

The rest is completely impossible.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4424 on: November 25, 2011, 04:39:05 pm »

Oh darn well do Syndromes work at all ? I really would like at least some form of a weapon that causes a syndrome to its target
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 357