Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 422740 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #4380 on: November 20, 2011, 04:10:05 pm »

Could you post your plant raws please. It might be that you simply have some tags in the wrong order or forgotten some small but important tag.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4381 on: November 20, 2011, 04:15:25 pm »

Spoiler: Dandelions, revised (click to show/hide)

dopple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4382 on: November 20, 2011, 08:24:12 pm »

I am pretty new to all this, but maybe it has to do with all the products it has?
Did you make those dandelion weeds and wines and such into actual items and such?

calico103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4383 on: November 20, 2011, 09:21:44 pm »

This is probably a really newby question, but when I test my cheese alien thing (don't ask) that I want to make playable eventually, it gives me this in errorlog.txt:

Code: [Select]
*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_cheese.txt"
CHEESE BP Mod BROADNESS Was Not Used
CHEESE BP Mod HEIGHT Was Not Used

Here's creature_cheese.txt:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yeah, I know I'm missing things like skill parameters, those are coming soon.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found that I was referring to the 1 part body as HEAD instead of BODY. ::)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 09:27:10 pm by calico103 »
This is the bomb!

And it's set to go off in fifteen seconds...

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4384 on: November 20, 2011, 10:28:19 pm »

I am pretty new to all this, but maybe it has to do with all the products it has?
Did you make those dandelion weeds and wines and such into actual items and such?

All the products use materials and templates already defined in the game. The plant uses the plant material/template. The wine uses the alcohol material. The flour uses the mill-powder material. The leaves should use the leaf material the way quarry bushes do, but that's where I'm having my problems.

Other plants that had this issue are still present in the world raws for Bootrazors because I wasn't about to go dicking around with those, but I've removed them from the whole-game raws out of irritation with the leaves issue.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4385 on: November 21, 2011, 10:11:43 am »

Somehow, I ended up with a world apparently without Pig Tails- at least according to dfprospector, there is none on the map nor did my civilisation have access to it. Curiously, it has the same biome information as Cave Wheat, which I have. Why is that? Any solutions?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4386 on: November 22, 2011, 04:11:58 am »

Any conflicts in legends between them and surfacers?

Nope, I didn't see them at all in legends mode. I think [LAYER_LINKED] prevents that.
It's been like six years in to that fortress and they still haven't shown up... I'm not going to say that it doesn't work until they show up on the surface or something, though.

Did you give them active seasons?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4387 on: November 22, 2011, 07:42:11 am »

Somehow, I ended up with a world apparently without Pig Tails- at least according to dfprospector, there is none on the map nor did my civilisation have access to it. Curiously, it has the same biome information as Cave Wheat, which I have. Why is that? Any solutions?

Did you remove the subterranean caverns in worldgen?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4388 on: November 22, 2011, 09:30:18 am »

Nope. I already breached one of them, and plenty of shrubs grow on underground soil- just no Pig Tails. I DID reduce cavern layer number to 2, but I did that plenty of times before without loss of plants.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4389 on: November 22, 2011, 09:48:46 am »

Nope. I already breached one of them, and plenty of shrubs grow on underground soil- just no Pig Tails. I DID reduce cavern layer number to 2, but I did that plenty of times before without loss of plants.

That's odd... Are you using a modded version of DF, specifically, modded plants? Normal DF shouldn't be that way, unless if the civilization had no access to pig tails, what with the biome restrictions and all that stuff.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

chris_strain

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4390 on: November 22, 2011, 10:17:05 am »

That's odd... Are you using a modded version of DF, specifically, modded plants? Normal DF shouldn't be that way, unless if the civilization had no access to pig tails, what with the biome restrictions and all that stuff.

2 forts ago the civ I ended up had access to any of the underground plants. Had to embark without plants or seeds, drinks or plant thread/cloth.. so it can happen.

I never did decide how they managed to last a 500 year world gen with no booze of any kind. ???

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4391 on: November 22, 2011, 03:29:05 pm »

No access to plants usually seems to mean that no-one from that civ went underground and brought plants up. It happens more often on small worlds for me, probably due to less caves. Reducing caverns seems to have a definite effect on that though, in a bad way. It probably reduces passages from cavern 1 to cavern 2. Not sure why. I just end up genning a new world, but it may be possible to use plant gathering to get some plants, make seeds, and get things going. If not though, you're running on caravan booze and water.

Edit: Oh wait you already tried plant gathering and prospect shows 0? Odd. Maybe the Cave Wheat just outbred the Pig Tails? Is that possible?
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4392 on: November 22, 2011, 04:36:41 pm »

Did you give them active seasons?

Yup, every season is active.
The only thing that I can think of that I did that was unusual is that there are no tags in their entity that designates them as snatchers or thieves, but the creatures can't speak.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4393 on: November 22, 2011, 07:49:11 pm »

Okay, so I was making a personal mod by blending several other mods, including the orcs from genesis
The problem is they are not playable, they show up but I can't play them in fort mode.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4394 on: November 22, 2011, 08:02:49 pm »

Are you sure you're selecting the correct civ with the civ select screen?
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 357