Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 422861 times)

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #4185 on: October 27, 2011, 03:07:05 pm »

So I was wondering if I embarked on several places next to each other, dug out tunnels, and then abandoned, would the tunnels be connected to each other? (Assuming of course I made sure to make them at the same Z level and the same location).

What I want to do is have my adventurer be able to traverse huge grand halls that connect the mightiest of the dwarven fortresses. Fortresses so impressive they were impenetrable from the outside, but fell to infighting/collapses/carnivals of clowns or what have you.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4186 on: October 27, 2011, 03:13:16 pm »

Is it possible to have a weapon use the WRESTLER skill?
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4187 on: October 27, 2011, 05:18:26 pm »

So I was wondering if I embarked on several places next to each other, dug out tunnels, and then abandoned, would the tunnels be connected to each other? (Assuming of course I made sure to make them at the same Z level and the same location).

What I want to do is have my adventurer be able to traverse huge grand halls that connect the mightiest of the dwarven fortresses. Fortresses so impressive they were impenetrable from the outside, but fell to infighting/collapses/carnivals of clowns or what have you.

Last I heard, (it may have changed since then) there is one tile of land that cannot be seen or manipulated in fortress mode between map squares, also you cannot dig out the outermost tiles on an embark, best you can do is carve fortifications, but adventurers can't move through those.  So that isn't currently possible.

Is it possible to have a weapon use the WRESTLER skill?

Last I checked yes, just replace the SKILL tag with the internal name of the skill you want to use.  Can be anything from wrestling, animal caretaking to comedy.   I believe somebody even made a rubber chicken weapon once that used comedian as it's relevant skill once.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4188 on: October 27, 2011, 07:19:40 pm »

I'm in a squash mood so I'm adding pumpkins, zucchini (courgettes), pattypan, spaghetti squash, and kabocha. (mostly because "pattypan" and "kabocha" are fun words to say)

Pumpkins will have seeds that can be pressed for "pumpkin seed oil" and rendered into "pumpkin seed soap", and pumpkins themselves can be brewed into "pumpkin beer". It's sad that orange isn't a color option in DF, so yellow will have to do for the tiles, but the prefstring is "orange color" nonetheless.

Spoiler: Pumpkins! (click to show/hide)

I'm also varying up the cookable meals, with "fritters" and "noodles" for easy meals, "stirfry", "dumplings" and "stuffing" for average meals, and "chili", "loaf", "gelatin", and "pie" for lavish meals. I tried to stick to things that can be either sweet or savory (savory pot pies, sweet dumplings would be samosas, "loaf" can mean bread or meatloaf or fruit/nut "bread", gelatin can be fruit jell-o or meat aspic, and I've had dessert chilis).
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 08:07:47 pm by proxn_punkd »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4189 on: October 27, 2011, 07:39:48 pm »

Ooh! While we're posting squash, here's my own pumpkin :P:

Code: [Select]
plant_troll

[OBJECT:PLANT]

[PLANT:PUMPKIN]
[NAME:pumpkin][NAME_PLURAL:pumpkins][ADJ:pumpkin]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STRUCTURAL:STRUCTURAL_PLANT_TEMPLATE]
[BASIC_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:STRUCTURAL]
[EDIBLE_COOKED]
[PREFSTRING:tendency to vanish]
[PICKED_TILE:162]
[PICKED_COLOR:6:0:0]
[GROWDUR:1500][VALUE:10] Best start growing early.
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:DRINK:PLANT_ALCOHOL_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:frozen pumpkin juice]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:fermented pumpkin juice]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:boiling pumpkin juice]
[STATE_COLOR:ALL_SOLID:ORANGE]
[STATE_COLOR:LIQUID:ORANGE]
[STATE_COLOR:GAS:ORANGE]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:5]
[EDIBLE_RAW]
[DRINK_LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:DRINK]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SEED:SEED_TEMPLATE]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:1]
[EDIBLE_VERMIN]
[EDIBLE_COOKED]
[SEED:pumpkin seed:pumpkin seeds:6:0:0:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED]
[SPRING][SUMMER][AUTUMN]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:FLOWER:LEAF_TEMPLATE]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:10]
[EDIBLE_COOKED]
[LEAVES:pumpkin flower:pumpkin flowers:5:0:1:6:0:0:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:LEAF]
[FREQUENCY:50]
[DRY]
[BIOME:ANY_TEMPERATE]
[CLUSTERSIZE:3]

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4190 on: October 27, 2011, 08:07:02 pm »

Oh, cool. You came up with some things that I didn't. May I hybridize cross-pollinate borrow from your pumpkin?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4191 on: October 27, 2011, 08:15:30 pm »

Oh, cool. You came up with some things that I didn't. May I hybridize cross-pollinate borrow from your pumpkin?

I was about to suggest that myself

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4192 on: October 28, 2011, 12:55:36 am »

Ok, I'm going to be creating a new race to replace my golems for fortress mode. my question is how does descriptions work, and how can i make them show up on the descriptions page? I've tried looking at the other races, but I cant make heads or tails of it.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Frelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4193 on: October 28, 2011, 03:10:30 am »

description page like "likes the golems for their strength"?
That is [prefstring:..]
greetz
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. Then it's Fun and Dwarf Fortress.
My trade depot is set to flood with water at the pull of a lever.  It's deep in the tunnels with easy drainage.  I call it my "water for goods" trading policy.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4194 on: October 28, 2011, 07:17:04 am »

Ok, I'm going to be creating a new race to replace my golems for fortress mode. my question is how does descriptions work, and how can i make them show up on the descriptions page? I've tried looking at the other races, but I cant make heads or tails of it.
Place [DESCRIPTION:write description here] tokens under the [CREATURE:WHATEVER] token to describe creatures generically. You can also place them under [CASTE:WHATEVER] tokens to have different descriptions per caste.

Or do you mean the whole "his long hair is brown" and similar?
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4195 on: October 28, 2011, 10:38:40 am »

Is there any way to make different castes have different tile symbols and colors ?

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4196 on: October 28, 2011, 11:27:51 am »

Is there any way to make different castes have different tile symbols and colors ?

Colors I know you can for sure. Symbols I don't know.

Kweri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4197 on: October 28, 2011, 12:01:13 pm »

CASTE_TILE and CASTE_COLOR
http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Creature_token#C

Zyzivix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4198 on: October 28, 2011, 03:01:29 pm »

I've been working on my own race and have most of the bugs worked out, but I'm not sure how to go about linking the race to an image for it, I may just be overlooking something, but if anyone could help me out it would be much appreciated. I'm using the dusk elf image for it

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4199 on: October 28, 2011, 04:03:30 pm »

In terms of using the BUTCHER_SPECIAL tag, is there a way to get things besides meat to retain the creatures name? For instance if you butcher a chicken you will get a dried chicken heart. But if I set up a custom butcher to give me a stone or gem I just get 'stone name' or 'gem name' not 'creature stone name'.
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 357