Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 422929 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #4170 on: October 26, 2011, 05:09:50 pm »

Me again, I edited the wagon by changing it to in-organic and iron which didn't work so I changed it to metal and it still did not give me metal when I deconstructed it. I'm suspecting its because of the [BODY_WAGON] tag.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The wagon is a currently unused placeholder creature that comes with caravans. It is not the wagon you embark with.

warhamer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4171 on: October 26, 2011, 05:31:36 pm »

oh lol that explains everything thanks man now I know why nothing's been happening

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4172 on: October 26, 2011, 08:49:02 pm »

Can anybody tell me how I could make a material from a plant be usable as a metal ore while still being able to function as a seed? I searched the forums and everything I could find was back from the 40d era. Specifically I'm looking on how to make a tree that has gold seeds that can then either be used as a gold ore or planted to yield more trees. I'm already pretty good at making the plants themselves, I'm just looking on how to edit the material of the seeds so it can be used for both the metal and as a seed.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4173 on: October 26, 2011, 08:52:16 pm »

I think you'd have to make a custom reaction, with the seed as a reactant and gold bars as a product.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4174 on: October 26, 2011, 09:13:31 pm »

Darn! And there goes to hoping I could use something simple like the [METAL_ORE:X] token. thanks for the fast response though.
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #4175 on: October 26, 2011, 09:21:25 pm »

You can make plants made of gold ore material, but that doesn't help.  To make a plant usable as an ore, you need to somehow make it produce a boulder-type object, and I can't see any way to do that from the plant raws.  And if you did, you couldn't use it as a seed anymore, since it wouldn't be a seed-type object.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4176 on: October 27, 2011, 02:39:19 am »

You can make plants made of gold ore material, but that doesn't help.  To make a plant usable as an ore, you need to somehow make it produce a boulder-type object, and I can't see any way to do that from the plant raws.  And if you did, you couldn't use it as a seed anymore, since it wouldn't be a seed-type object.

Actually, you could use Quarry Bushes as a basic template for that. Mod the leaves to be the material you want, leave the seed as it is. Maybe. Didn't really try that yet, but there's Kobold Camp where some kind of plant can be processed to wood+seeds...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 04:50:37 am by Tirion »
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #4177 on: October 27, 2011, 07:37:28 am »

Actually, you could use Quarry Bushes as a basic template for that. Mod the leaves to be the material you want, leave the seed as it is. Maybe. Didn't really try that yet, but there's Kobold Camp where some kind of plant can be processed to wood+seeds...

It's not the material that's the problem.  You can make plants give seeds/oil/leaves of any material you want.  It's the item type that's the problem.  To smelt ore you need items of type 'boulder', and there's no way to make a plant drop a boulder-type item without modding in a custom reaction.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4178 on: October 27, 2011, 10:10:17 am »

Hey guys, is there any way for a monster to create javelins or whatever throwing object from their skin or such and use it as throwing weapon ?

Frelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4179 on: October 27, 2011, 10:38:55 am »

Hi guys, as you may know I currently work on making dragons purchaseable on embark.
Could somebody please look over it and tell me my fault, all I get are purchasable amphibian ppl:
The rest of the changes work towards making dragonsplosions....
ty for any help,
Freddy
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. Then it's Fun and Dwarf Fortress.
My trade depot is set to flood with water at the pull of a lever.  It's deep in the tunnels with easy drainage.  I call it my "water for goods" trading policy.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4180 on: October 27, 2011, 11:06:04 am »

Hey guys, is there any way for a monster to create javelins or whatever throwing object from their skin or such and use it as throwing weapon ?

Not at the moment. You might be able to do something similar when material breaths are expanded, but right now you are out of luck.

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4181 on: October 27, 2011, 11:09:02 am »

Not at the moment. You might be able to do something similar when material breaths are expanded, but right now you are out of luck.

Oh well I'll keep that one touch for a later release, thanks for the answer. o7

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4182 on: October 27, 2011, 11:13:14 am »

Hi guys, as you may know I currently work on making dragons purchaseable on embark.
Could somebody please look over it and tell me my fault, all I get are purchasable amphibian ppl:
The rest of the changes work towards making dragonsplosions....
ty for any help,
Freddy

Try adding the [COMMON_DOMESTIC] tag next to the [PET] tag.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Frelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4183 on: October 27, 2011, 11:23:31 am »

It was already there, but I shifted it next to the [PET] tag now, still only get amphibian ppls as purchasable and not dragons....
greetz

EDIT:
Well, there was a duplicate, removed it and now I do not even get amphib's purchaseable....
greetz
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 11:42:56 am by Frelus »
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. Then it's Fun and Dwarf Fortress.
My trade depot is set to flood with water at the pull of a lever.  It's deep in the tunnels with easy drainage.  I call it my "water for goods" trading policy.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4184 on: October 27, 2011, 11:33:38 am »

Anything in your error log?
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 357