Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 423001 times)

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #4065 on: October 07, 2011, 05:35:28 pm »

What exactly does this mean?

Code: [Select]
Unrecognized Replacement Method Token: IRIS
I get this in my errorlog every time when I open up my mod. I figure this is causing it:

[TLCM_TIMING:IRIS:13:18]
Yes, it's formatted wrong, but the error suggests that the iris simply can't have it's color change over time.

I would think you'd want something like:

[TLCM_NOUN:irises:PLURAL]
[TLCM_TIMING:ROOT:13:18]

although I haven't experimented with the tissue layer appearance mods much yet.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: October 07, 2011, 06:19:48 pm »

What exactly does this mean?

Unrecognized Replacement Method Token: IRIS
I get this in my errorlog every time when I open up my mod. I figure this is causing it:

[TLCM_TIMING:IRIS:13:18]
Yes, it's formatted wrong, but the error suggests that the iris simply can't have it's color change over time.

I would think you'd want something like:

[TLCM_NOUN:irises:PLURAL]
[TLCM_TIMING:ROOT:13:18]

although I haven't experimented with the tissue layer appearance mods much yet.

Oh, I see. Still, though, this is what I have before the whatsit:

[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:EYE]
      [TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:IRIS:EYE:YELLOW:1]
      [TLCM_NOUN:eyes:PLURAL]
      [TLCM_TIMING:IRIS:13:0:18:0]

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4067 on: October 07, 2011, 09:21:14 pm »

Has anybody done any testing to see if the [BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_LAVA] can make it so that plants only begin to span when the magma sea is opened? Because I have a few plants that I'd like to work that way but if necessary I can just stick them in the bottom cavern layer and leave it at that.

Edit: Also does anyone know if there any limits on [UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:X:X] for plants? Is it limited to 1-3? Or can it be set to as many cavern layers as you generate in your worlds?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 09:23:19 pm by i2amroy »
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4068 on: October 07, 2011, 11:10:24 pm »

Considering that the maximum number of cavern layers that can be generated is 3, I'd assume higher values wouldn't work.

I'm not sure about the magma sea plant spores thing, though, that would be very interesting. If you test it, make sure to let us know the results.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4069 on: October 08, 2011, 05:49:34 am »

Does anybody know if the [VALUE:x] tag on plants does anything? Not [MATERIAL_VALUE:x], but [VALUE:x]. The wiki says that it is supposed to set the price of given objects, but so far my testing has shown that it has no effect at all. In fact even though things like kobold bulbs claim that they are worth 5 dwarfbucks in game they are really only worth 2 (material modifier of 1 x plant modifier of 2). Further tests have shown that everything in plant value depends directly upon the material modifier and [VALUE:x] doesn't even have an effect upon cooked meals made of an object. I'm not sure if this is intended behavior or not, but that's the way that it is working right now.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile
« Reply #4070 on: October 08, 2011, 09:00:43 am »

[ITEM_FOOD:ITEM_FOOD_ICECREAM]
[NAME:flavored ice cream]
[LEVEL:2]

[REACTION:BOOZE_ICECREAM]
[NAME:make drink-flavored ice cream]
[BUILDING:ICECREAM_MAKER:CUSTOM_D]
[REAGENT:A:150:DRINK:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:container:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[CONTAINS:A]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:FOOD:ITEM_FOOD_ICECREAM:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]

He walks over, grabs a drink barrel, then walks back to the workshop. He stands in it for a second and then the game crashes.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG
Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical
Over 220 new creatures, new civs, new industries, and a fully customized tileset!

jdf318

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: October 08, 2011, 10:27:14 am »

Hey all, can someone explain MATERIAL_SIZE to me? Like what it does, what's wrong with it, and any possible work arounds or fixes to it. Everything. Thanks in advance!

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4072 on: October 08, 2011, 10:33:58 am »

Hey all, can someone explain MATERIAL_SIZE to me? Like what it does, what's wrong with it, and any possible work arounds or fixes to it. Everything. Thanks in advance!

MATERIAL_SIZE is used to determine how many bars of metal it takes to create the object. For example, breastplates have a MATERIAL_SIZE of 9, so they take three bars of metal to create one. This got broken when soap was fixed as to not use an entire bar for one use and bars were given the size of 150. Since the MATERIAL_SIZE of weapons and armor did not get adjusted, everything currently takes only one bar to forge. It should be possible to fix this, somewhat, by (for example) changing the MATERIAL_SIZE of breastplates to 450 (150 x 3). I've heard that that can cause issues when melting things down, but I haven't done it myself, so I'm not sure.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Kweri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4073 on: October 08, 2011, 10:38:29 am »

[ITEM_FOOD:ITEM_FOOD_ICECREAM]
[NAME:flavored ice cream]
[LEVEL:2]

[REACTION:BOOZE_ICECREAM]
[NAME:make drink-flavored ice cream]
[BUILDING:ICECREAM_MAKER:CUSTOM_D]
[REAGENT:A:150:DRINK:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:container:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[CONTAINS:A]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:FOOD:ITEM_FOOD_ICECREAM:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]

He walks over, grabs a drink barrel, then walks back to the workshop. He stands in it for a second and then the game crashes.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG

Two things I can think of...
1) The ice cream food object is level 2, which means it takes 2 ingredients (at least when dwarves make it randomly) but your reaction only uses one food ingredient. Usually a food will say something about each of its ingredients in its description. I really have no idea how this would work with custom reactions.
2) Pretty sure normally dwarves can NOT make a food item consisting solely of drink materials - they need at least one solid ingredient. Again, no idea if this would cause issues with a custom reaction.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 10:41:08 am by Kweri »

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: October 08, 2011, 01:15:26 pm »

I need help with my creature the heavyknights are showing up as "nothing" in arena mode
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4075 on: October 08, 2011, 02:38:25 pm »

For one thing, you have an extra male and female caste.

For another thing, "[BODY:FEMALE]" will make it so that the female will have a body made up entirely of this "female" part.

Your KNIGHT_MAGIC tag should be a [CASTE:KNIGHT_MAGIC] tag.

The MALE and FEMALE castes are probably showing up as "nothing".

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4076 on: October 08, 2011, 03:06:30 pm »

For one thing, you have an extra male and female caste.

For another thing, "[BODY:FEMALE]" will make it so that the female will have a body made up entirely of this "female" part.

Your KNIGHT_MAGIC tag should be a [CASTE:KNIGHT_MAGIC] tag.

The MALE and FEMALE castes are probably showing up as "nothing".
Thanks now to figure out how these f*cking tissues work.......
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4077 on: October 09, 2011, 04:25:27 pm »

« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 05:55:55 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4078 on: October 09, 2011, 04:39:28 pm »

I saw your post in the Happy Thread and came looking for this. I've missed them since I moved from 40d. I assume they boil water? Oh and can they fly?
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4079 on: October 09, 2011, 04:56:12 pm »

Yep to both. I threw one in the water pool in the arena and all water disappears when it gets adjacent to it, making a 3x3 dry area.  And it does indeed fly.

More arena testing revealed one kicked the asses of 5 master swordselves and 3 bronze collossi. 

It also oddly seems to bleed a blank substance when it loses a limb, didn't notice that before.  I'm clueless as to why though, and it doesn't actually seem to leave a contaminant.

I'm also plannig on doing the other 3 as well.  Also with a bit of creative license for new features, but I'm having too much fun playing with this guy, heh.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 357