Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 423016 times)

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #4050 on: October 06, 2011, 04:28:30 pm »

Is it possible for a reaction to produce a specific kind of gem? I'm working on my mod and discussing it with a friend, and the idea came up. I imagine it is possible, but I'm not sure if it can produce a specific type, especially if the gem is modded in.

Also, can you just put a new gem into the game without the gem actually spawning in stone or anything? I have no experience in adding new metals/gems/stone.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #4051 on: October 06, 2011, 04:49:31 pm »

You should indeed be able to do that. I forget the exact layout for the reaction but I am very certain it's possible.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #4052 on: October 06, 2011, 05:21:56 pm »

Also, can you just put a new gem into the game without the gem actually spawning in stone or anything? I have no experience in adding new metals/gems/stone.
Yes, if you don't give the gem a ENVIRONMENT or ENVIRONMENT_SPEC line it won't appear in the ground.  You still might find examples of it in the world as large gem crafts or whatever if you go adventuring however.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4053 on: October 06, 2011, 05:28:19 pm »

I think sublimating bolts are the only syndrome-bearing weapon that works at present.

This is relevant to my interests. How do you do it?

I'm not entirely sure myself, but I believe you have to mod a material that when it is a liquid or a gas is poisonous and when it's solid isn't, and make its melting temperature a bit below the homeotherm of most creatures (~10067 Urists) but above the ambient temperature of the fort (I'm not sure, i believe it's ~10040 Urists). That way, when a bolt gets embedded in a victim it melts and releases a syndrome.

I'm merely thinking it might work, i've absolutely no idea- logic and not knowledge is what's prompted this.

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4054 on: October 06, 2011, 05:32:31 pm »

Relevant thread on syndrome-bearing bolts can be found here.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4055 on: October 06, 2011, 06:34:51 pm »

There isn't anyway to have a reaction give one or the other for a product? I know it can do multiple, but can I make it so it either does one product or the other, and not possibly both?

Kweri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4056 on: October 06, 2011, 07:04:16 pm »

Is it possible for a reaction to produce a specific kind of gem? I'm working on my mod and discussing it with a friend, and the idea came up. I imagine it is possible, but I'm not sure if it can produce a specific type, especially if the gem is modded in.

Sure, for the product have the material be INORGANIC:YOURADDEDGEMHERE - easy stuff :). ROUGH:NONE:INORGANIC:YOURGEM for uncut gems, SMALLGEM:NONE:INORGANIC:YOURGEM for cut gems, GEM:NONE:INORGANIC:YOURGEM for large gems.

As long as you don't give your new added material any direction to spawn somewhere, it shouldn't show up in world gen.

There isn't anyway to have a reaction give one or the other for a product? I know it can do multiple, but can I make it so it either does one product or the other, and not possibly both?
Correct - you can set a reaction to have a 50% chance of producing A and a 50% chance of producing B, but those percentages are separate checks. You could end up with one, both, or neither. There isn't a way to guarantee only one of two possible products will be chosen.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4057 on: October 06, 2011, 08:57:11 pm »

Hmmmm, does this look right?

[REAGENT:B:1:ROUGH:NONE:INORGANIC:SOUL_GEM]

Kweri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4058 on: October 06, 2011, 10:24:39 pm »

If you want the reagent to be an uncut gem made out of a material called SOUL_GEM that you have added - yup!

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4059 on: October 06, 2011, 10:26:15 pm »

If you want the reagent to be an uncut gem made out of a material called SOUL_GEM that you have added - yup!

Huzzah victory! Now to just mod it so I can create said uncut SOUL_GEM. Should be pretty much the same, just in, well... product form right?

Kweri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4060 on: October 07, 2011, 12:45:54 am »

Yup - just remember to add the appropriate new reactions to your entity and to gen a new world after you get it all added.

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4061 on: October 07, 2011, 04:08:02 pm »

Hi guys. Slight problem here. I've been trying to mod in a race of my own. It went well. I now have the race in-game, working as adventurers and fortresses, if they don't get killed off during worldgen. Problem is, if they survive, they have No Trade next to their name when choosing an embark. Any idea how to fix this?
Only thing in the error file are some pathfinding errors for troglodytes and other things.

Creature raws:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Their entity raws:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4062 on: October 07, 2011, 04:55:21 pm »

Looks like their entity doesn't have any pack animals (there are no cavern-dwelling pack animals in vanilla), try adding [COMMON_DOMESTIC_PACK] and [COMMON_DOMESTIC_PULL] to their entity file. It'll require a new world generation, though, unfortunately.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 04:59:08 pm by trees »
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4063 on: October 07, 2011, 04:58:08 pm »

Okay, thanks.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4064 on: October 07, 2011, 05:12:57 pm »

What exactly does this mean?

Code: [Select]
Unrecognized Replacement Method Token: IRIS
I get this in my errorlog every time when I open up my mod. I figure this is causing it:

Code: [Select]
[TLCM_TIMING:IRIS:13:18]
Yes, it's formatted wrong, but the error suggests that the iris simply can't have it's color change over time.
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 357