Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 423024 times)

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #4035 on: October 05, 2011, 06:18:15 am »

Crazy Cow you want to use this:

[SECRETION:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:DISEASE:GAS:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:EYE]

So then you've got the eyes selected and the material known as eye will secrete the material. I've just tested it and it works fine.

Edit to add: You'll want SYN_INHALED rather than SYN_INJECTED.

Beautiful.

Arek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4036 on: October 05, 2011, 04:51:56 pm »

Hi, i have some few noob questions.
Is possible to add ratios in creature caste/sub-race?
Say, i want to make creature with caste A, B, and C for example
The caste A are generic cannon fodder and are most common. (12 of 20)
The caste B are stronger and better overall, but are less common. (7 of 20)
And C is the special breed, already born with strong abilities and skills, but is the most rare of the three. (1 of 20)
Can the raws be edited to at least roughly correspond with these ratios? Something like selecting the caste upon birth by chance?

Related to above.
If the sub-races got different sizes, how the crafted armor will behave?
AFAIK the crafted armor is always sized to fit the race that made it. So that means when subrace A is notably smaller than subrace B, and member of subrace A create a mail shirt, will it be only available to other members of this caste and maybe the smallest of the B or it will magically fit on every being from main race, no matter the subtype?

Is it possible to "enchant" weapons by decorating them with syndrome bearing materials?

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4037 on: October 05, 2011, 04:58:26 pm »

1. Yes, but I forget how.
3. No
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4038 on: October 05, 2011, 05:18:01 pm »

1:
POP_RATIO:# does what you want. It will make the caste appear x times in relation to the otehr castes.
For example, castes Male and Female. Males have a POP_RATIO of 2, while females have a POP_RATIO of one. Two males will appear for every one female.

Any armor made by your race can be worn by any caste, even if one is rat-sized and another is the size of a cyclops.

I wish :p

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4039 on: October 05, 2011, 06:52:47 pm »

Any armor made by your race can be worn by any caste, even if one is rat-sized and another is the size of a cyclops.

How does that work if what species can wear what armor is based on size?

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4040 on: October 05, 2011, 07:00:07 pm »

I don't know how exactly it works, but it does. I know that a human-sized creature (70kg) can make armor usable by a caste twice their size (140kg) from personal experience, and I hear from other people that even greater differences in size are not a problem.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4041 on: October 05, 2011, 07:13:58 pm »

I think I asked this before, but I can't remember. Is there any actual in-game problems of a race being entirely one gender? I seem to recall someone mentioning this won't actually make a race go extinct - the game will just create new migrants or something.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4042 on: October 05, 2011, 07:18:15 pm »

An entity will die if it has only one gender. Normal creatures, like harpies, will survive perfectly well. To bypass this, you can make a caste of the opposite gender with [POP_RATIO:0] so that they never appear.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4043 on: October 05, 2011, 08:41:20 pm »

An entity will die if it has only one gender. Normal creatures, like harpies, will survive perfectly well. To bypass this, you can make a caste of the opposite gender with [POP_RATIO:0] so that they never appear.
How will it work for a playable civ though? I would think the game would only give you your magical migrant waves, then you'd just have maybe around 14 or 15.

Tabithda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4044 on: October 05, 2011, 08:44:45 pm »

To bypass this, you can make a caste of the opposite gender with [POP_RATIO:0] so that they never appear.

This does not work entirely. I have been working extensively on making a single gender race playable and have found that while doing so will prevent the opposite gender from appearing in world generation, it will still show up from time to time in migrant waves as well as in the starting seven.

Thus far the best way I have found of making a single gender faction work is to create a second creature with two genders for the faction a put them in a cave. This will cause them all to starve to death in the year 4. then embark as your dead faction and use Dfusion to change the faction's race, starting group, and future migrants to the single gendered race.

Note that for this to work you need to make sure that your faction is the only one that is playable. Oh and if you want to them to reproduce make sure that your creature can lay eggs. If they can, then as soon as a nest box is built one of them will claim it and lay an egg in it. Then use Dfusion's egg hatch tool to make the egg hatch.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4045 on: October 06, 2011, 04:33:10 am »

Question: will adding [HABIT:USE_ANY_MELEE_WEAPON:100] and [EQUIPS] to a (humanoid) creature's raws make the creature go for the nearest melee weapon, equip it, hold onto it, and actually use it ? I plan to make a Tigerman slave army by adding these, plus [TRAINABLE], and some innate weapon skills like in Minotaur.

Also, is it possible to repeat the process with ranged weapons?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Arek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4046 on: October 06, 2011, 01:49:07 pm »

Any other way how to make weapons apply syndromes? (spatters of other poisonous material doesnt count)
Weapon made from syndrome bearing material will inject them upon contact with blood automatically or do they need syndrome inject tag on attack like the poisonous creatures do (giant desert scorpion for example).

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #4047 on: October 06, 2011, 02:03:16 pm »

Any other way how to make weapons apply syndromes? (spatters of other poisonous material doesnt count)
Weapon made from syndrome bearing material will inject them upon contact with blood automatically or do they need syndrome inject tag on attack like the poisonous creatures do (giant desert scorpion for example).
Weapons made of poisonous materials do not cause poisoning when used, because they don't get injected into the target creature's blood.  You need the SPECIALATTACK_INJECT_EXTRACT tag on a creature attack for that.  I don't think you can attach that to a weapon.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4048 on: October 06, 2011, 02:15:33 pm »

I think sublimating bolts are the only syndrome-bearing weapon that works at present.
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4049 on: October 06, 2011, 03:07:35 pm »

I think sublimating bolts are the only syndrome-bearing weapon that works at present.

This is relevant to my interests. How do you do it?
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 357