Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 423042 times)

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #4005 on: September 30, 2011, 03:26:38 pm »

Question: are egg-laying civs broken? My drazardmen just die out after the initial lifespan of the first few.
Did you give them nest-boxes? I'm not sure if they need them in gen, but...
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4006 on: September 30, 2011, 04:44:52 pm »

I think population is currently handled through, well, not-eggs, so they may die out during worldgen.

Also, I have a problem: there is a weapon that I have. It can't be made by any civ (it's overpowered as hell and should only show up in moods), and yet it shows up to be made out of wood, probably because I gave it a ranged attack. Is there any way I can prevent this?

Also, a few other melee-only weapons that I made specifically to be overpowered show up in shops in adventurer, which I don't consider nearly as much of a problem :P

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4007 on: September 30, 2011, 08:27:02 pm »

Hey, anyone want a sporf?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's actually really strong.  Beware the spoon/serrated fork!
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4008 on: September 30, 2011, 08:33:57 pm »

I think this should go in the "weirdest thing you've modded into DF" thread.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4009 on: September 30, 2011, 08:45:36 pm »

Question: are egg-laying civs broken? My drazardmen just die out after the initial lifespan of the first few.
If you have them tagged as [CARNIVORE] that can cause the behaviour you are seeing.  Carnivore races currently cannot survive beyond year 4 in worldgen unless they get really lucky and spawn near another civ.  Its the same reason why kobolds die out early in most wordlgens.

For my own reptile-dudes race I add [NO_EAT] and [NO_DRINK] to the main raw files and then remove the tags in the save folder's raws after worldgen.  Gets around that little worldgen issue by making them ignore their low food stocks until worldgen is over and still keeps the carnivore behavior for fortress mode.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4010 on: September 30, 2011, 08:49:26 pm »

I think this should go in the "weirdest thing you've modded into DF" thread.

I would agree, except that it's not even close.

I see your point though, and I admit that this thread may not be the best place for some half-spoon-half-serrated-fork madness.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4011 on: September 30, 2011, 09:33:58 pm »

Bah this is a workshop!  Surely we should have finished projects shown off too.   After all, things you know are completely functional make great learning tools when you can look closely at them and modify numbers to see how things react.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4012 on: September 30, 2011, 11:48:51 pm »

What are some modding options for getting access to silk aside from phantom spiders (useful, but not always certain to get when I pick an evil forest) or GCS? If I recall Genesis uses silk worms... is there a way to make silk grow but make it count as well, silk?

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4013 on: October 01, 2011, 02:52:02 am »

An observation I made during arena combat testing. If I made a creature to big (BODY_SIZE:25000000000) not only was it not able to hurt anything (even against a rabbit it said it's attacks glanced away) no one was able to hurt it (read attacks passed right through). Also when I finally managed to kill it (using a creature with a breath attack) and I butchered it, all it had was a skull, like if it was a tiny creature. Is there a roll-over on size?

Side note: Giving a body part totemable insures that only one of them will drop off a creature and that it will drop regardless of size of the creature, but it won't obey any special butchering option you set (for instance if you give the heart body part [TOTEMABLE] all creatures will drop a heart, but it won't be used as food and isn't considered meat)

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #4014 on: October 01, 2011, 08:11:12 am »

Long integer range is −2,147,483,648 to 2,147,483,647.  25,000,000,000 is outside that range, so the creature's body size probably ended up zero or negative or something.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

squishynoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4015 on: October 01, 2011, 10:14:53 am »

A couple quick questions about creatures and attacks:

1) Is it possible to make a creature tameable only by some enemy civs that will join them in sieges, but not by yours? (Assuming, the creature has the [EVIL] tag, same as the attacking civ)

2) During a siege, is there a way to get them to have very large numbers of said creatures?

3) Any way (besides speed) to have a little control in a siege on which kind of enemy should go first and so on?

4) Assuming the answer to above is false, is there a way to tell enemies to stay well away from certain types of their own creature? (One of the attackers should be a type of headless zombie inflated with deadly gas that can be killed only by popping them, releasing the gas)

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4016 on: October 01, 2011, 02:22:33 pm »

So, I want to stop cobaltite and cinnabar from appearing as metals, but keep them in the game (unique color is unique). So, how do I do this? Comparing mica to cinnabar, I find that the only difference is that cinnabar appears in veins. Does this make the game regard them as metals?

Code: [Select]
[INORGANIC:MICA]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:mica][DISPLAY_COLOR:0:7:1][TILE:'v']
[ENVIRONMENT:METAMORPHIC:CLUSTER:100]
[ENVIRONMENT_SPEC:GRANITE:CLUSTER:100]
[SOLID_DENSITY:2883]
[IS_STONE]
[MELTING_POINT:12295]

[INORGANIC:CINNABAR]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:cinnabar][DISPLAY_COLOR:4:7:1][TILE:156]
[ENVIRONMENT:IGNEOUS_EXTRUSIVE:VEIN:100]
[ENVIRONMENT_SPEC:SHALE:VEIN:100]
[ENVIRONMENT_SPEC:QUARTZITE:VEIN:100]
[ITEM_SYMBOL:'*']
[IS_STONE]
[MELTING_POINT:11044]

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4017 on: October 01, 2011, 04:42:39 pm »

So, I want to stop cobaltite and cinnabar from appearing as metals, but keep them in the game (unique color is unique). So, how do I do this? Comparing mica to cinnabar, I find that the only difference is that cinnabar appears in veins. Does this make the game regard them as metals?

Code: [Select]
[INORGANIC:MICA]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:mica][DISPLAY_COLOR:0:7:1][TILE:'v']
[ENVIRONMENT:METAMORPHIC:CLUSTER:100]
[ENVIRONMENT_SPEC:GRANITE:CLUSTER:100]
[SOLID_DENSITY:2883]
[IS_STONE]
[MELTING_POINT:12295]

[INORGANIC:CINNABAR]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:cinnabar][DISPLAY_COLOR:4:7:1][TILE:156]
[ENVIRONMENT:IGNEOUS_EXTRUSIVE:VEIN:100]
[ENVIRONMENT_SPEC:SHALE:VEIN:100]
[ENVIRONMENT_SPEC:QUARTZITE:VEIN:100]
[ITEM_SYMBOL:'*']
[IS_STONE]
[MELTING_POINT:11044]
Do you mean make them stop appearing to be ores? To change the natural wall's "ore-like" appearance change the [TILE:] and [ITEM_SYMBOL:] for the mined out stuff.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4018 on: October 01, 2011, 06:48:40 pm »

My problem is this:
Cobaltite and cinnabar both appear as metals on the embark screen; cobaltite being present in an area will cause that area to be marked as having shallow metals. This isn't the case with other non-metals like mica and microcline, and I'm wondering how I can go about changing cobaltite and cinnabar to behave like mica and microcline. The only difference I can see (besides the descriptive stuff like color) is that cobaltite appears in veins, and I want to know if anything in a vein is considered a metal on the embark screen.

astianax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4019 on: October 01, 2011, 09:29:17 pm »

on the silk question, i haven't tried making it grow like you've suggested, but have a pretty easy workaround, using the silkworms from genesis as a base. you could do this with phantom spiders, too, or any other vermin-sized silk-producers you create

give them the [VERMIN_SOIL_COLONY] tag and make sure to *not* add [ARTIFICIAL_HIVEABLE] unless you want them to only produce one silk every six months or so. also, ensure that they've got the tag [COLONY_EXTERNAL] too, so they'll spawn around their home (like bees) and start spitting silk everywhere. if you also give them the [PET] tag, you can potentially have access to individuals at embark or via trade, and keeping one in a cage somewhere safe will have others spawn around it, dropping silk to harvest in a nice indoors location

i'd also done a variety of other silk-producing critters (like a spider that totally replaces cats in my fortresses) but, they don't seem to actually shoot their webs. you just occasionally find batches of them on the map. however, war-trained gcs *do* leave quite a harvest behind if you give 'em a groundhog or something to attack

another modder had included a type of large spider that bleeds silk when hurt. it's a rather interesting way to ensure you get more than just the 'starter' silk spawns when you first enter a map
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 357