Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 423039 times)

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #3990 on: September 28, 2011, 11:49:20 am »

Try giving the females very large litter sizes.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3991 on: September 28, 2011, 12:44:37 pm »

EDIT:
*sigh*
The beauty of doing your own damn research. I managed to piece together what I needed to do, so never mind :p
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 01:24:35 pm by Crazy Cow »

James009

• Bay Watcher
  • Under centaur siege for going on three years now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3992 on: September 28, 2011, 03:03:32 pm »

Try running worldgen for 125 years or so instead of 500.
I think they were having trouble back then too. Why do they do worse in the future? I keep expecting them to develop grand empires, tame the lands, and establish a peaceful world! You think they're having troubles with the neighbors?

Try giving the females very large litter sizes.
I'll try this. Think they're having trouble reproducing?

EDIT: Ok, so I'm in year 150 and the Imperials have a decent sized territory in the middle of the map (not WAYY up north like they used to be) and a couple cities. Appears that Ligia Apsconsio lives on. There appears to be a small settlement to the far south... not really powerful but it exists.

What I did was remove the [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] tag, increase the pop-ratio for women (was kinda low), and remove the [START_BIOME:OCEAN_TROPICAL] and re-define some of their biome preference to temperate environments.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 03:28:12 pm by James009 »
Recently slaughtered by the undead!

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3993 on: September 28, 2011, 03:05:53 pm »

Unless you mess around with male/female population ratios, it's probably not that they have trouble reproducing, but having them spit out 20 babies at a time instead of 2 would definitely give them a better chance at survival.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3994 on: September 28, 2011, 08:28:50 pm »

So the Drazards, and now their humanoid counterparts Drazardmen are working - Drazardmen have their own civ finally, though at year 5 there's only two of them alive. :/
I have made llamamen too, common_domestic because it's like trolls for goblins, they fight for them and they shear them.

Finally, i made this odd creature called a 'Mortare' which is basically a macaque with a venomous bite (i want to make it have innate dodging skill). I'm pretty sure i've defined its syndrome correctly.
In testing however, in combat whenever it bites, it says 'Mortare n/a splatters over the <area>' and no syndrome appears to infect anything.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #3995 on: September 28, 2011, 08:36:51 pm »

In testing however, in combat whenever it bites, it says 'Mortare n/a splatters over the <area>' and no syndrome appears to infect anything.

It appears that your attack is defined as injecting LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:VENOM, but you're never defining a VENOM material.  Your syndrome-causing material is defined as POISON in that creature raw.  Change the attack to use LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:POISON instead.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3996 on: September 28, 2011, 08:51:45 pm »

Aha, thanks! Tested it against a llamaman and then a drazardman- the llamaman became infected and suffered from numbness and fever. The drazardman managed to kill the mortare before the mortare got a bite in though. It's all good. :)

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3997 on: September 29, 2011, 07:36:19 pm »

So I have been trying on my own and failing miserably at adding a custom body part to an animal.

Basically I have a standard quadruped with the added body part on the end.

And the body part, note that I have tried a bunch of different combinations here, but they don't seem to change much.

And the templates

All of which is pretty much just a copy paste from the heart, but no matter what I do I just keep getting

In my error log. What am I doing wrong?

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3998 on: September 29, 2011, 07:43:13 pm »

You have no tissue layers defined for the soul.  You need something like:

[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:SOUL_TISSUE_LAYERS]
   [BP_LAYERS:BY_CATEGORY:SOUL:SOUL:1]

in your b_detail_plan_default, and then something like:

[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:SOUL_TISSUE_LAYERS]

in the creature.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3999 on: September 29, 2011, 08:04:27 pm »

That worked thank you!

But now I am having trouble getting the BUTCHER_SPECIAL to work, I changed it to ;

[BUTCHER_SPECIAL:SMALLGEM:SOULGEM]

And added in the respective SOULGEM object, but it is just butchering into 'soul'

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4000 on: September 29, 2011, 08:15:10 pm »

You want to use [BUTCHER_SPECIAL:SMALLGEM:NONE].  However, the soul gem material needs to be in an inorganic materials raw file, defined as [INORGANIC:SOULGEM] or something similar, rather than in your material templates file, or none of your workshops will recognize it as a gem.  Also, gemcutting doesn't respect stacks, so if you have a stack of rough soul gem[5], you'll only get a single cut soul gem when you cut it.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4001 on: September 29, 2011, 08:47:47 pm »

You want to use [BUTCHER_SPECIAL:SMALLGEM:NONE].  However, the soul gem material needs to be in an inorganic materials raw file, defined as [INORGANIC:SOULGEM] or something similar, rather than in your material templates file, or none of your workshops will recognize it as a gem.  Also, gemcutting doesn't respect stacks, so if you have a stack of rough soul gem[5], you'll only get a single cut soul gem when you cut it.

How do I tell the game that when you butcher it you should get a soul gem and not another kind of gem?

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4002 on: September 29, 2011, 09:31:34 pm »

The material(s) of the item which is generated when a body part is butchered is determined by the material(s) that body part is made from.  If the body part is made from INORGANIC:SOULGEM, you'll get items made of soul gem.  If the body part is made from 'soul', you'll get items made of 'soul'.   The BUTCHER_SPECIAL tag tells what kind of object is made (SMALLGEM:NONE indicates cut gems) but can't specify the materials.

Here's an example I put together while testing how to do this.

This is an 'inorganic cow', which drops cow hematite and cow rubies when butchered.  Those materials need to be defined in their own file, as such:

It still doesn't work quite like it should, since most workshop reactions don't respect stack sizes, and BUTCHER_SPECIAL creates stacks.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4003 on: September 29, 2011, 11:05:47 pm »

Question: are egg-laying civs broken? My drazardmen just die out after the initial lifespan of the first few.

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4004 on: September 30, 2011, 02:16:24 pm »

They've worked fine every time I've tried them out. Did you properly define them egg materials, etc? Check the entry for a turkey and see if you're missing anything.
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 357