Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 423067 times)

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #3975 on: September 26, 2011, 06:23:19 pm »

Dose anyone now what tag/position makes people ruled by demons(Im trying to take that tag away).
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3976 on: September 26, 2011, 06:25:42 pm »

Dose anyone now what tag/position makes people ruled by demons(Im trying to take that tag away).

The law giver position seems to have something to do with it. Check the responsibility tags in there.

Kweri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3977 on: September 26, 2011, 06:35:36 pm »

As I said that should be doable. You can put nice full colour bitmap images in place of the letters in your tileset. I just tried it with the letter D to make sure I wasn't imagining things and here's what I got:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The tileset I used:

The only thing to keep in mind is that any pixel that is black/grey/white will be coloured by the game. So you could give your lizard men hats that are white and the game would colour them per profession.
Pretty sure that all pixels get colored - the foreground color determines the overlay color and the background color is what's shown through transparency in your image. A white pixel would become the foreground color, while a green one would get "tinted" towards that color depending on its value.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3978 on: September 26, 2011, 06:41:30 pm »

The law giver position seems to have something to do with it. Check the responsibility tags in there.
I can't seem to find "law giver", for humans, but I'm trying to make goblin run goblin civs.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

astianax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3979 on: September 26, 2011, 07:56:36 pm »

it seems to be the [VARIABLE_POSITIONS:ALL] tag that lets a civ have demonic rulers. humans and goblins both have that, as do all the modded races i've seen that can get demons. you can remove that tag and just give them a position called 'master' or 'overseer' or such. another modder has done similar with his goblin fortress mini-mod (rakninja, i think?)

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3980 on: September 27, 2011, 02:05:29 am »

Pretty sure that all pixels get colored - the foreground color determines the overlay color and the background color is what's shown through transparency in your image. A white pixel would become the foreground color, while a green one would get "tinted" towards that color depending on its value.
Strange. I distinctly remember seeing people use green and red to represent on and off for levers without any discolouration. I will have to do more tests this weekend.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3981 on: September 27, 2011, 02:30:32 am »

Hokay, so, i had an idea. I've been looking to mod a new creature in, and eventually I settled on modding dragons. I created a smaller, calmer, non-firebreathing, non-fireimmune version of them called Drazards- essentially they're just bigger than normal lizards.

Haven't tested yet, and I don't know where to put this. I hope it works, would I put it in creature_domestic.txt or creature_standard.txt?

EDIT: it won't spawn in the arena. I've put it in the default raws folder (DF\raw\objects). It should appear under D for Drazard, probably below Dragons, but it doesn't. Is there anything preventing it spawning/existing?

Here's hoping this works.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 02:40:12 am by Reudh »

James009

• Bay Watcher
  • Under centaur siege for going on three years now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3982 on: September 27, 2011, 03:53:06 am »

First, that race sounds cool. Second, I'd just make it's own unique .txt file to keep everything separate, no need to jumble it in with everything else. Third, you MIGHT need to create an entity for it if your wanting to use them in Adventure and Dwarf mode. Fourth, it probably should still be showing up in the arena regardless. Code looks ok from what I can tell.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 03:55:53 am by James009 »
Recently slaughtered by the undead!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3983 on: September 27, 2011, 04:23:39 am »

So i could place it in a new file called creature_mods.txt for example, and the game WILL parse this file?
It's intended as a pet, and hence is rather small. Perhaps I should gen a new world, just for an example...

Just did, and it doesn't show up in fortress mode, or arena. It's strange. It's in creature_domestic.txt in DF\Raws folder.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3984 on: September 27, 2011, 04:58:24 am »

Your creature_mods.txt needs to look like the following:

Code: [Select]
creature_mods.txt

[OBJECT:CREATURE]

[CREATUER:MODDED_ANIMAL]
[ETC]
Also known as Zuhayr.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3985 on: September 27, 2011, 02:21:00 pm »

So i could place it in a new file called creature_mods.txt for example, and the game WILL parse this file?
It's intended as a pet, and hence is rather small. Perhaps I should gen a new world, just for an example...

Just did, and it doesn't show up in fortress mode, or arena. It's strange. It's in creature_domestic.txt in DF\Raws folder.

Anything in your error log?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3986 on: September 27, 2011, 06:24:16 pm »

Nothing in the errorlog besides one dorf pathing fail.

I moved the drazards out of creature_domestic.txt to creature_mods.txt, and wrote it as you showed there; still not spawning. I noticed the tag [VERMIN_EATER] and [HUNTS_VERMIN] - that would conflict, right? [HUNTS_VERMIN] is cat behaviour, and [VERMIN_EATER] is a verminous creature that gnaws into food barrels, right? I've removed [VERMIN_EATER]. I'll test it now with this tag removed. That could've been it.

EDIT:
Removed [VERMIN_EATER], and a duplicated [LARGE_ROAMING] that I had there, and it now spawns and works. I set three drazards in the arena in a FFA and they tore each other to shreds in about a second. DF froze when the last drazard fainted, but then unfroze. So it's all good! :D
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 06:28:04 pm by Reudh »

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3987 on: September 27, 2011, 08:31:28 pm »

Ah yes, vermin will not show up in arena mode.

James009

• Bay Watcher
  • Under centaur siege for going on three years now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3988 on: September 28, 2011, 04:23:28 am »

How do I make it so my custom race doesn't keep getting obliterated in World Creation? They're basically modified humans (with some improved mental and social abilities) who can live anywhere but prefer places with water (for fish), grass (for safety and available), and trees (for lumber). I've even improved their [START_GROUP_NUMBER] so they have more people at start, [MAX_STARTING_CIV_NUMBER] so it spawns more of the civilizations, [MAX_POP_NUMBER] so they can sustain more people, and [MAX_SITE_POP_NUMBER:170] so they have larger cities. Nonetheless, the world seems dominated by orcs, goblins, illiads, and argonians. I'm setting the history to between 500-700 years and have generated around 20 maps with unique seeds. Only once did they have a decent start and when I entered the game their main city was abandoned...

Code: [Select]
[DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:CITY]
[LIKES_SITE:CITY]
[TOLERATES_SITE:CITY]
[TOLERATES_SITE:TREE_CITY]
[TOLERATES_SITE:CAVE_DETAILED]
[START_BIOME:GRASSLAND_TEMPERATE]
[START_BIOME:GRASSLAND_TROPICAL]
--START_BIOME:ANY_GRASSLAND]
--START_BIOME:ANY_SHRUBLAND]
[START_BIOME:ANY_FOREST]
[START_BIOME:ANY_RIVER]
[START_BIOME:OCEAN_TROPICAL]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:OCEAN_TROPICAL:6]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_OCEAN:4]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_LAKE:6]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_GRASSLAND:6]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:GRASSLAND_TEMPERATE:8]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_SHRUBLAND:3]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_FOREST:5]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:FOREST_TEMPERATE:6]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_DESERT:2]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_WETLAND:2]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_SAVANNA:4]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_RIVER:8]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_DESERT:2]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:TUNDRA:1]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:GLACIER:0]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:FOREST_TAIGA:3]
[MERCHANT_NOBILITY]
[DIPLOMAT_BODYGUARDS]
[MERCHANT_BODYGUARDS]
[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE:1]
[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:3]
[ACTIVE_SEASON:SPRING]
[ACTIVE_SEASON:SUMMER]
[ACTIVE_SEASON:AUTUMN]
[SIEGER]
[START_GROUP_NUMBER:15]
[MAX_STARTING_CIV_NUMBER:50]
[MAX_POP_NUMBER:10000]
[MAX_SITE_POP_NUMBER:170]
[RELIGION:PANTHEON]
[WANDERER]
[BEAST_HUNTER]
[SCOUT]

I'm TRYING to get my game to be dominated by the humans (number 1), elves having some power, lizardmen regional powers, and some orcs causing trouble.
Recently slaughtered by the undead!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3989 on: September 28, 2011, 08:47:59 am »

Try running worldgen for 125 years or so instead of 500.
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 357