Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 423217 times)

franti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #3855 on: September 03, 2011, 01:20:25 pm »

When modding my game, I accidentally removed the ranged weapon RAWS from the game. Can somebody post their bow/crossbow/blowgun raws, and the name of the folder they should go in?
Adamantine, Steel, Pig Iron, Iron, Bronze, Bismuth Bronze, Platinum, Brass, Black Bronze, Billon, Rose Gold, Electrum, Bismuth, Aluminum, Gold, Copper, Tin, Sterling Silver, Silver, Nickel, Zinc, Lead, Nickel Silver, Trifle Pewter, Fine Pewter, Lay Pewter.

squishynoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3856 on: September 03, 2011, 02:03:22 pm »

Code: [Select]
[ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_CROSSBOW]
[NAME:crossbow:crossbows]
[SIZE:400]
[SKILL:HAMMER]
[RANGED:CROSSBOW:BOLT]
[SHOOT_FORCE:1000]
[SHOOT_MAXVEL:1000]  This is just to make sure a near-weightless object doesn't go faster than the string could possibly go.
[TWO_HANDED:0]
[MINIMUM_SIZE:45000]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:3]
[ATTACK:BLUNT:10000:4000:bash:bashes:NO_SUB:1250]

[ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_BOW]
[NAME:bow:bows]
[SIZE:300]
[SKILL:SWORD]
[RANGED:BOW:ARROW]
[SHOOT_FORCE:1000]
[SHOOT_MAXVEL:1000]
[MINIMUM_SIZE:45000]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:3]
[ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_BLOWGUN]

[NAME:blowgun:blowguns]
[SIZE:150]
[SKILL:SWORD]
[RANGED:BLOWGUN:BLOWDART]
[SHOOT_FORCE:100]
[SHOOT_MAXVEL:1000] I suppose you could blow harder and harder, but the force prevents it from getting out of hand.
[MINIMUM_SIZE:5000]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:2]
Should be unmodded (or almost, at least)

item_weapon.txt

Prixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3857 on: September 03, 2011, 03:19:18 pm »

I'm doing some small modding, with success up to my current point.
I'm simply making a creature and assigning it a civ. It's a bit too long to just post here nad have everyone review though, so I'll just drop my problem.
I have the creatures, they have a civilization and are content with expanding it and such.
When I try to play as these in fortress mode however, they simply will not labor. No mining, no building, they just stand. Is there something specific I should be checking in the Creature/Entity file?

__
AS AN EDIT, I've done some exploring in adventure mode and I've found that the buildings belonging to them are sealed up tight.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 03:25:34 pm by Prixel »

Kweri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3858 on: September 03, 2011, 04:01:26 pm »

I'm doing some small modding, with success up to my current point.
I'm simply making a creature and assigning it a civ. It's a bit too long to just post here nad have everyone review though, so I'll just drop my problem.
I have the creatures, they have a civilization and are content with expanding it and such.
When I try to play as these in fortress mode however, they simply will not labor. No mining, no building, they just stand. Is there something specific I should be checking in the Creature/Entity file?

__
AS AN EDIT, I've done some exploring in adventure mode and I've found that the buildings belonging to them are sealed up tight.

I seem to recall some issues with CURIOUSBEAST type tags in the creature file, as well as NOSTUN.

Do the creatures have a GRASP part (hands)?

This sort of thing can be really tricky to pinpoint without seeing the creature/entity files. You can paste them with spoiler and/or code tags to make it easier to read.

Prixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3859 on: September 03, 2011, 04:24:35 pm »

They have hands and such. I'm pretty sure I've wired up the bodies fine, ( I rather enjoy playing them in adventure mode. )
I might just try copy/pasting the Dwarves word-for-word and copy. It's most likely I've forgotten a tag or something.
-a note, I do have...
[INTELLIGENT]
[CAN_LEARN]
[CAN_SPEAK]
In the creature file. Maybe I only need ONE?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3860 on: September 03, 2011, 04:28:24 pm »

Might be missing [CANOPENDOORS]. 

Also [INTELLIGENT] implies both of those following tags, so it shouldn't hurt to remove them.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Prixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3861 on: September 03, 2011, 06:33:26 pm »

Might be missing [CANOPENDOORS]. 

Also [INTELLIGENT] implies both of those following tags, so it shouldn't hurt to remove them.

I'm giving in a test now, but I'm guessing that the main problem is that ;
The Conflicting [INTELLIGENT] was prevent me from assigning orders, and I couldn't enter the houses because they couldn't open any of their doors!

Still not working.
They can seem to fish though, so maybe it's a tool thing.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 06:57:53 pm by Prixel »

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3862 on: September 03, 2011, 07:05:45 pm »

Let me preface this by saying that I don't have an answer to your question, unfortunately. It's quite possible that there's some hardcoded limit.

One workaround might be to make multiple body detail plans - DETAILED_VERTEBRATE_LAYERS_BASIC (ARG1-ARG6), DETAILED_VERTEBRATE_LAYERS_ORGANS1 (ARG1-ARG6), etc until you have everything you need. There's nothing wrong I can see with using multiple plans like this as long as you plan carefully so that no one body part needs tissues from multiple plans.

That said, I'm a bit confused what you're trying to do here. How is this going to solve your caste issue?
That's a pretty good idea actually. I might do that even if I manage this one.

I'm not trying to do this for a specific creature, because I could always find a workaround, it's more like I'm doing it for modding (if that makes any sense). [On a side note: material definitions are done by creature, but body_detail_plans actually do work on the caste level. Odd, eh?]
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Fallen Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3863 on: September 03, 2011, 11:49:20 pm »

How come this doesn't work?
   [PROFESSION_NAME:BLOWGUNNER:seraph:seraphim]
The error log states: Unrecognized Unit Type Token: BLOWGUNNER.

I'm pretty sure that blowgunner is the correct name for the profession the wiki seems to agree with me, but it still doesn't work.
Is this a bug or what am I doing wrong?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3864 on: September 04, 2011, 12:15:32 am »

How come this doesn't work?
   [PROFESSION_NAME:BLOWGUNNER:seraph:seraphim]
The error log states: Unrecognized Unit Type Token: BLOWGUNNER.

I'm pretty sure that blowgunner is the correct name for the profession the wiki seems to agree with me, but it still doesn't work.
Is this a bug or what am I doing wrong?

The wiki's disagreeing with you, there >_>

[PROFESSION_NAME:BLOWGUN:seraph:seraphim] is what you want.

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Skill_token

Also, how would I go about making my own thread metal? I recently realized that egg-layed metal was both OP AND somewhat dumb :P
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 12:25:59 am by Putnam »

Fallen Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3865 on: September 04, 2011, 12:49:37 am »

Nope using BLOWGUN instead of BLOWGUNNER still didn't work, and I'm pretty sure that for profession names you have to use what it displays the skill as (Ex: ENGRAVER, MINER) instead of the skill token itself (Ex: DETAIL_STONE, MINING). Since that's what I did with previous profession names and it worked, just can't get blowgunner to work.

And to make a metal be treated like cotton candy and be able to be broken down into threads I think all you have to do is add this [THREAD_METAL:metal:chance] to the metal, but the blue metal doesn't have that so I may be wrong.

Fallen Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3866 on: September 04, 2011, 12:51:39 am »

Nope using BLOWGUN instead of BLOWGUNNER still didn't work, and I'm pretty sure that for profession names you have to use what it displays the skill as (Ex: ENGRAVER, MINER) instead of the skill token itself (Ex: DETAIL_STONE, MINING). Since that's what I did with previous profession names and it worked, just can't get blowgunner to work.

EDIT: Got my profession name to work, seems the correct token to use is BLOWGUNMAN

And to make a metal be treated like cotton candy and be able to be broken down into threads I think all you have to do is add this [THREAD_METAL:metal:chance] to the metal, but the blue metal doesn't have that so I may be wrong.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3867 on: September 04, 2011, 12:52:47 am »

Just a really tiny question: How can I mod in a new reaction, to spawn free iron anvils?
I KNOW I've added reactions before, but I've forgotten how... :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3868 on: September 04, 2011, 12:55:36 am »

Well, since the THREAD_METAL tag doesn't seem to exist, I doubt it ;>_>

Fallen Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3869 on: September 04, 2011, 12:58:51 am »

Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 357