Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 422954 times)

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #3795 on: August 31, 2011, 08:13:18 am »

hello i have about a Uberzillion of question, here some
1- it's possible to modify/make a simple rection to take a lot of time to produce a single thing? IE:armor, tools, etc...
2- About syndrome, it's possible to make a metal that spread poison in the victim's blood?
3- is possible to make a working poisoned weapon out of it?
4- how armor coverage work, ie. armor that have 150% coverage what will do?
Re: 1000 sgins that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)
...Wait. Adamantine is real?...
...155. You are no longer sure what metals are real or fictional.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #3796 on: August 31, 2011, 08:17:20 am »

1- it's possible to modify/make a simple rection to take a lot of time to produce a single thing? IE:armor, tools, etc...
2- About syndrome, it's possible to make a metal that spread poison in the victim's blood?
3- is possible to make a working poisoned weapon out of it?
4- how armor coverage work, ie. armor that have 150% coverage what will do?
1. no, can only put a low percentage chance of successful output. Or slow down by requiring "30 stones" as an additional input, lots of hauling.
2. probably yes, a liquid-at-normal-temperature metal.
3. no.
4. Does the same as 100%.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

squishynoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3797 on: August 31, 2011, 08:22:17 am »

A quick question:

Is it possible to have a creature bleed but not die from it?

(doing a rework of zombies with creature variation)

Fallen Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3798 on: August 31, 2011, 08:29:05 am »

Nope, if it can bleed, then it can die from blood loss.

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: August 31, 2011, 08:36:01 am »

about zombies
well, i tried by using pus instead of blood and the zombie never died from bleeding.
ps: i also removed heart and organs so the only way to kill him was to sever him in two or destroy his brain
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 08:42:24 am by Krantz86 »
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)

squishynoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3800 on: August 31, 2011, 08:49:07 am »

I also tried pus, but alas the zombie still bled out. It would be too good to be true. Zombies that spray rivers of pus without being even slowed down.

(The zombies also have new body types given by creature variation, you must sever each and every limb and the head to stop them).
Guess I'll settle with bloodless zombies :(

If you're sure your zombie bleeds but doesn't die, could you share the raws please?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 08:53:45 am by squishynoob »

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3801 on: August 31, 2011, 09:08:01 am »

i just remebered i've also removed arteries, btw here my bestman undead

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #3802 on: August 31, 2011, 10:55:35 am »

Spoiler: Fake Blood (click to show/hide)
Use this for your zombies, everytime they get hit the blood will break away (bleed) and cover the attacker (hands/weapon) and the ground (then feet) I used this for all my zombies and other unholy beasts that cannot die from bleeding. The combat reports look funny as everytime they attack the zombie it will mention breaking away the rest of the blood, but its still there. NOTE if [RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1] doesn't work up it to 5, still no luck then 10 (its what I have)

EDIT: take heed that I had left out TISSUE_LEAKS when this tag is there one little prick and all their blood in their entire body drains out, so removing that fixed that issue. also just leaving out [BLOOD:.....] will stop a creature from bleeding to death
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 10:59:20 am by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3803 on: August 31, 2011, 11:30:10 am »

Working on modding in a bookmaking industry into my mod (again) and looking over tokens, I can't seem to find a way to make it so the books are valuable for trading. The best I see is looking in the ITEM_TOOLS is a VALUE token, but I don't know if that's a multiplier for the item, or a flatout value for it.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3804 on: August 31, 2011, 12:43:12 pm »

flat out value of item, the material is the multiplyier, so if books (tool) are worth 100 on there own, and then the book is made of gold (x10) then that book unimporved is worth 1000db

squishynoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3805 on: August 31, 2011, 01:35:47 pm »

Thanks about the blood layer, that worked.

Hope I won't interrupt anything, but there's an interesting find.
It's about creature materials and blunt impacts.

The default IMPACT_STRAIN_AT_YIELD for muscle/fat/skin is 50,000
At this value, even a minotaur with a flail (that has a high velocity multiplier) can't tear soft tissues of a kobold-sized opponent.

Lowering them to 49,999 will cause unskilled dwarves to always punch holes in each other with bare hands.
This sounds like a hard-coded threshold, how would you explain it?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 01:48:39 pm by squishynoob »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3806 on: August 31, 2011, 02:01:31 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Just thought I'd bump this question again. And that is a interesting find squishynoob. Did you also know that if you add [STRUCTURAL] to a tissue it shatters,breaks,fractures and requires setting/spinting to heal, where as if that tag is removed the tissue gets cut,dented,and torn?

Also can anyone verify if [STRUCTURAL] tissues can get dented aswell?

squishynoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3807 on: August 31, 2011, 02:18:44 pm »

Yes, according to my quick test they get dented/bruised as well - [STRUCTURAL] doesn't seem to affect how the material reacts to being battered. It's probably the material's properties, like [IMPACT_whatever].
I'm running a test to determine the thresholds to which a tissue is fractured/shattered as opposed to torn/cut apart.

About the nerves, I think that the [MUSCULAR] explanation is the best, as I've never seen nerves being torn when the damage affected only fat or bones.

EDIT: As I thought.
I tried IMPACT_YIELD and IMPACT_FRACTURE both at 1000 and 10000, and they made no difference. IIRC they did when I was fiddling with granite's properties for some golems, I assume that they matter only in case of fracturing (but I may be wrong).

IMPACT_STRAIN_AT_YIELD: 1 to 24999
the material is fractured or shattered

IMPACT_STRAIN_AT_YIELD: 25000 to 49999
the material is torn

IMPACT_STRAIN_AT_YIELD: 50000 +
the material is bruised

Definitely some kind of hard coded threshold.

EDIT2: About nerves, it's positively the [MUSCULAR] tag. I added it to skin, and hits able to tear the skin were also severing nerves. Also severed-nerve type of wounds were displayed in the skin layer in the health screen.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 02:45:46 pm by squishynoob »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3808 on: August 31, 2011, 03:14:19 pm »

Yes, according to my quick test they get dented/bruised as well - [STRUCTURAL] doesn't seem to affect how the material reacts to being battered. It's probably the material's properties, like [IMPACT_whatever].
I'm running a test to determine the thresholds to which a tissue is fractured/shattered as opposed to torn/cut apart.

About the nerves, I think that the [MUSCULAR] explanation is the best, as I've never seen nerves being torn when the damage affected only fat or bones.

EDIT: As I thought.
I tried IMPACT_YIELD and IMPACT_FRACTURE both at 1000 and 10000, and they made no difference. IIRC they did when I was fiddling with granite's properties for some golems, I assume that they matter only in case of fracturing (but I may be wrong).

IMPACT_STRAIN_AT_YIELD: 1 to 24999
the material is fractured or shattered

IMPACT_STRAIN_AT_YIELD: 25000 to 49999
the material is torn

IMPACT_STRAIN_AT_YIELD: 50000 +
the material is bruised

Definitely some kind of hard coded threshold.

EDIT2: About nerves, it's positively the [MUSCULAR] tag. I added it to skin, and hits able to tear the skin were also severing nerves. Also severed-nerve type of wounds were displayed in the skin layer in the health screen.

Execllent testing, This will help my mod greatly. I had no time to acaully do these tests as I hit a 'Research' milestone and have to find out how things 'really' work and not just make some asumption of how it should. Now I can make a better *The rest of the post has been torn off, but a sticky note is left to fill the gap ite reads: "It's a surprise for those waiting for the new release of Regen."* :P

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3809 on: August 31, 2011, 05:04:50 pm »

flat out value of item, the material is the multiplyier, so if books (tool) are worth 100 on there own, and then the book is made of gold (x10) then that book unimporved is worth 1000db

Ah I see, I wasn't sure if the value token was just a flat value and didn't take into account material or quality. Thanks!
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 357