Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 422957 times)

Mikey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #3780 on: August 29, 2011, 09:47:24 pm »

Trying to mod a reaction to use skulls. Will the following work or do I need to use something else?

[REAGENT:skull:1:SKULL:NONE:NONE:NONE]

No clue what I'm doing with this one. Can't find any examples.
Skulls, like bones, fall under the CORPSEPIECE item token.  Since skulls are nothing but bones with a different bodypart name, the only way to distinguish between them is to assign a custom bone material/template to every creature's skull that has e.g. [REACTION_CLASS:SKULL], and use that in your reagent line to filter only skulls.

It's not as difficult as it sounds - if your creature tissues and materials are mostly unmodded, try something like this:

material_template_default.txt--
 - Create a SKULL_TEMPLATE that's a copy of BONE_TEMPLATE with [REACTION_CLASS:SKULL] added

tissue_template_default.txt--
 - Create a SKULL_TEMPLATE that's a copy of BONE_TEMPLATE, but whose material line refers to LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SKULL instead of :BONE

b_detail_plan_default.txt--
 - Add a SKULL creature mat to [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS] that refers to the new SKULL_TEMPLATE material template you created
- Add a SKULL tissue layer to [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_TISSUES] that refers to the new SKULL_TEMPLATE tissue
- Change the SKULL material reference at the bottom of [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS] from 'ARG4' (bone) to 'SKULL', which should reference the SKULL tissue layer defined above

Repeat these steps for the CHITIN/EXOSKELETON body detail plans if you want their skulls to be usable by this reaction as well.

Conrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3781 on: August 29, 2011, 09:56:39 pm »

Awesome, thank you Mikey and Kweri!

One more question, I've tried a similar thing with scale ([REAGENT:scale:1:SCALE:NONE:NONE:NONE] ) but I've included [REACTION_CLASS:SCALE] to the scale template already. If I just change SCALE to CORPSEPIECE in the reagent line, I should be covered, right?

EDIT: How hard would a reaction requiring hearts be? If it's difficult I won't bother with it. Just thought it'd be nice.

EDIT2: Not very, it seems. I see the heart template.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 10:03:22 pm by Conrad »
"College? Dude, I played Dwarf Fortress. My diploma menaces with spikes of knowledge."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3782 on: August 29, 2011, 10:13:05 pm »

Guys, I have one (hopefully simple) question: How can I mod my dwarves to eat sentients? Specifically, everyone's starving and the only critters on the map are moose people. ::)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Mikey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3783 on: August 29, 2011, 10:16:50 pm »

Awesome, thank you Mikey and Kweri!

One more question, I've tried a similar thing with scale ([REAGENT:scale:1:SCALE:NONE:NONE:NONE] ) but I've included [REACTION_CLASS:SCALE] to the scale template already. If I just change SCALE to CORPSEPIECE in the reagent line, I should be covered, right?

EDIT: How hard would a reaction requiring hearts be? If it's difficult I won't bother with it. Just thought it'd be nice.

EDIT2: Not very, it seems. I see the heart template.
Yeah, other internal organs and scale already have their own templates that only those body parts use, so any reaction looking for a CORPSEPIECE with a REACTION_CLASS that those templates have can filter down to those specific items already.  Skulls are different because they use the bone tissue and materials.  Items like horn and hoof are the same, although they do have different tissue templates (which would just remove one step from the process I outlined above).

Conrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3784 on: August 29, 2011, 10:39:57 pm »

Guys, I have one (hopefully simple) question: How can I mod my dwarves to eat sentients? Specifically, everyone's starving and the only critters on the map are moose people. ::)

In the entity_default, scroll down to the ethics section (nearer to the bottom) and change [EAT_SENTIENT_OTHER:XX] and [EAT_SENTIENT_KILL:XX] to acceptable. I think it'll require a new world though.
"College? Dude, I played Dwarf Fortress. My diploma menaces with spikes of knowledge."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3785 on: August 29, 2011, 10:41:05 pm »

Ah, thanks. I thought there was something more complex to it than that. :P Damn... Looks like my dwarves are pretty doomed.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3786 on: August 29, 2011, 10:45:18 pm »

In addition to my prior syndrome question, something that might be simpler:

Can a creature have both the BENIGN and SAVAGE tokens at the same time, and thereby show up on both maps? Or is there a way to have it show up regardless of savagery? The Wiki says that SAVAGE limits a creature to savage maps, so I'm not sure how the tokens interact.
Working on: drakes - making the skies(mostly) a bit more varied

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3787 on: August 29, 2011, 11:24:52 pm »

Is it possible to replace a creature's hands with swords or sword-like appendages?  I want to make a Scyther for my pokemod, and it has blades for hands.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Conrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3788 on: August 29, 2011, 11:26:55 pm »

Is it possible to replace a creature's hands with swords or sword-like appendages?  I want to make a Scyther for my pokemod, and it has blades for hands.

I'm unaware of exactly how (it involves changing the attacks associated as well as changing the materials, I'm pretty sure) but yes, it is possible.

Mikey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3789 on: August 29, 2011, 11:31:17 pm »

Yes, you'd just need to define new single bodyparts (either directly or via a new body detail plan) for their hands, assign them tissues and materials, and change the creature's grasp attack to edged to match the new bodypart.  You may also need to do something that prevents them from equipping items, if they belong to a race or entity that has items available, but I'm not sure how to accomplish that.

Fallen Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3790 on: August 29, 2011, 11:51:59 pm »

I made a creature that has swords attached to their hands, so I would imagine that it wouldn't be that hard to make the arms end in blades instead of swords.

EDIT: Here you go

Code: [Select]
[BODY:HUMANOID_NO_HANDS]
[BP:UB:upper body:upper bodies][UPPERBODY][CATEGORY:BODY_UPPER]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:1000]
[BP:LB:lower body:lower bodies][CON:UB][LOWERBODY][CATEGORY:BODY_LOWER]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:1000]
[BP:HD:head:STP][CON:UB][HEAD][CATEGORY:HEAD]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:300]
[BP:RUA:right upper arm:STP][CON:UB][LIMB][RIGHT][CATEGORY:ARM_UPPER]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:200]
[BP:LUA:left upper arm:STP][CON:UB][LIMB][LEFT][CATEGORY:ARM_UPPER]
[BP:RLA:right lower arm:STP][CON:RUA][LIMB][RIGHT][CATEGORY:ARM_LOWER]
[BP:LLA:left lower arm:STP][CON:LUA][LIMB][LEFT][CATEGORY:ARM_LOWER]
[BP:RUL:right upper leg:STP][CON:LB][LIMB][RIGHT][CATEGORY:LEG_UPPER]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:500]
[BP:LUL:left upper leg:STP][CON:LB][LIMB][LEFT][CATEGORY:LEG_UPPER]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:500]
[BP:RLL:right lower leg:STP][CON:RUL][LIMB][RIGHT][CATEGORY:LEG_LOWER]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:400]
[BP:LLL:left lower leg:STP][CON:LUL][LIMB][LEFT][CATEGORY:LEG_LOWER]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:400]
[BP:RF:right foot:right feet][CON:RLL][STANCE][RIGHT][CATEGORY:FOOT]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:120]
[BP:LF:left foot:left feet][CON:LLL][STANCE][LEFT][CATEGORY:FOOT]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:120]

[BODY:BLADE_HANDS]
[BP:LB:left blade:left blades][CATEGORY:WEAPON][CON:LH][EMBEDDED]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:150]
[BP:RB:right blade:right blades][CATEGORY:WEAPON][CON:RH][EMBEDDED]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:150]

[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:BLADE_HAND_PLAN]
[BP_LAYERS:BY_CATEGORY:WEAPON:METAL:100]

then when in your creature file use that body detail plan and the body plan. And then define a tissue for the metal which will be what the blade will be made out of,
like so,
[TISSUE:METAL]
    [TISSUE_NAME:xxxx:xxxx]
    [TISSUE_MATERIAL:define the material]
    [FUNCTIONAL]
    [STRUCTURAL]
    [RELATIVE_THICKNESS:give thickness]
    [CONNECTS]
    [TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]
and then you can define the attack like this
here is a slashing attack
[ATTACK:SLASH:BODYPART:BY_CATEGORY:WEAPON:blade]
      [ATTACK_SKILL:SWORD]
      [ATTACK_VERB:slash:slashes]
      [ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:50]
[ATTACK_VELOCITY_MODIFIER:150]
      [ATTACK_FLAG_WITH]
      [ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
      [ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]
and here is a stabbing attack
[ATTACK:STAB:BODYPART:BY_CATEGORY:WEAPON:blade]
      [ATTACK_SKILL:SWORD]
      [ATTACK_VERB:stab:stabs]
      [ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:30]
[ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
      [ATTACK_FLAG_WITH]
      [ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
      [ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]
these attacks may need some tweaking though
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 12:03:12 am by Fallen Flame »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #3791 on: August 30, 2011, 01:41:38 am »

QUESTION!!!

How can I restrict NERVES to certain tissues/materials/bodyparts within a creature? I'm looking to make a beast that even when you hack at its arm you won't sever teh nerves making it useless, unless you hack at its' arm string thus severing the nerves to the arm making it useless.

I've been glaring at

[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SINEW:SINEW_TEMPLATE]
   [TENDONS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]
   [LIGAMENTS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]

Then I came to the conclusion that these are not what I want

[HAS_NERVES] really doesn't point ay fingers to any tissue or material....

My only guess is Tissues that have [MUSCULAR]?

Anyone know if Nerves embed themselves into certain tissues are just simply exsist in bodyparts?

Reason for me wanting to know this is because my evil puppets even with broken legs can still walk (feet are fine)
Unless someone know how to make the creature loose its ablilty to stand when parent limbs from the [STANCE] BP are broken

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #3792 on: August 30, 2011, 08:02:27 am »

Can a creature have both the BENIGN and SAVAGE tokens at the same time, and thereby show up on both maps? Or is there a way to have it show up regardless of savagery? The Wiki says that SAVAGE limits a creature to savage maps, so I'm not sure how the tokens interact.

BENIGN doesn't work like SAVAGE.  Creatures with the SAVAGE tag only show up in savage biomes.  Creatures with the BENIGN tag can actually show up in any biomes, but benign biomes will only have creatures with the BENIGN tag.  If you want a creature to show up in low, medium, or high savagery maps, give it BENIGN.  Creatures with neither BENIGN nor SAVAGE will only show up in medium or high savagery maps.  Creatures with SAVAGE will only show up in high savagery biomes.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3793 on: August 30, 2011, 05:27:58 pm »

I have a problem. Here are some body glosses to look over:

[BODYGLOSS:HEARTUBE:ear:hear tube:ears:hear tubes]

[BODYGLOSS:NUB:nose:cartilage nub:noses:cartilage nubs]

[BODYGLOSS:WINDHOLE:throat:chitinous windhole:throats:chitinous windholes]

[BODYGLOSS:BISCUIT:heart:pump biscuit:hearts:pump biscuits]

[BODYGLOSS:NUGBONE:skull:nugbone:skulls:nugbones]

Anyway, the main problem with this is that the BISCUIT gloss doesn't work; rather than pump biscuit, the heart shows up as the "hhear tubet". It's slightly bizarre.

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3794 on: August 30, 2011, 06:14:56 pm »

BENIGN doesn't work like SAVAGE.  Creatures with the SAVAGE tag only show up in savage biomes.  Creatures with the BENIGN tag can actually show up in any biomes, but benign biomes will only have creatures with the BENIGN tag.  If you want a creature to show up in low, medium, or high savagery maps, give it BENIGN.  Creatures with neither BENIGN nor SAVAGE will only show up in medium or high savagery maps.  Creatures with SAVAGE will only show up in high savagery biomes.

Thanks for that! I think I'll just leave them both out - the critters probably don't really fit a benign map anyway.

I have a problem. Here are some body glosses to look over:

[BODYGLOSS:HEARTUBE:ear:hear tube:ears:hear tubes]

[BODYGLOSS:NUB:nose:cartilage nub:noses:cartilage nubs]

[BODYGLOSS:WINDHOLE:throat:chitinous windhole:throats:chitinous windholes]

[BODYGLOSS:BISCUIT:heart:pump biscuit:hearts:pump biscuits]

[BODYGLOSS:NUGBONE:skull:nugbone:skulls:nugbones]

Anyway, the main problem with this is that the BISCUIT gloss doesn't work; rather than pump biscuit, the heart shows up as the "hhear tubet". It's slightly bizarre.

It looks to be pattern-matching the "ear" in "heart" before it ever gets to the BISCUIT gloss. Try putting that one first in the raws? As there's nothing in "pump biscuit" to match "ear", that might work better.
Working on: drakes - making the skies(mostly) a bit more varied

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 357