Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 422930 times)

Kweri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #3765 on: August 28, 2011, 01:54:33 am »

You use [BLOOD:INORGANIC:CLAY2:LIQUID] so your creature's blood is made out of the CLAY2 material. Anything you do to the material called BLOOD defined in your creature isn't used at all. If you want your creature's blood to be made out of the BLOOD material you define in your creature, you need to use [BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:LIQUID] instead.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3766 on: August 28, 2011, 08:54:51 am »

Just ran into another problem, can any one see any mistakes (probably did one little thing incorrectly) that I made in this syndrome? there is nothing in the error log, I can't even get anything to get infected by the syndrome.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I also tried it like this but It still didn't work.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I notice the syndrome works when entering the blood, so you need an attack with something like this:
[SPECIALATTACK_INJECT_EXTRACT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:CLAY2:LIQUID:100:100]
which will do didly without [SYN_INJECTED] being in the syndrome, because without it the "blood" will only spatter on their skin and not enter their veins. If you want their blood puddles to cause it, use [SYN_CONTACT] instead of injection and enters_blood.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Conrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3767 on: August 28, 2011, 10:43:06 am »

Does anyone know how to make a reaction treat stacks the same way the bone bolts reaction does? I would like my reaction to take a unit from a stack and leave the rest behind. Currently this is an issue because if I take a stack of 39 Yak blood, it produces 195 yak blood ale (which is more than what fits in a barrel so it all falls onto the ground). If there is another way to circumvent the overfilling, I'd love to hear that as well.

Thanks in advance!
"College? Dude, I played Dwarf Fortress. My diploma menaces with spikes of knowledge."

Fallen Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3768 on: August 28, 2011, 12:01:30 pm »

You use [BLOOD:INORGANIC:CLAY2:LIQUID] so your creature's blood is made out of the CLAY2 material. Anything you do to the material called BLOOD defined in your creature isn't used at all. If you want your creature's blood to be made out of the BLOOD material you define in your creature, you need to use [BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:LIQUID] instead.
Well I want to have the creature's blood made out of clay, does this mean that I have to make a custom template for blood that has the same properties as clay? Or is there a different way to do this?

I notice the syndrome works when entering the blood, so you need an attack with something like this:
[SPECIALATTACK_INJECT_EXTRACT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:CLAY2:LIQUID:100:100]
which will do didly without [SYN_INJECTED] being in the syndrome, because without it the "blood" will only spatter on their skin and not enter their veins. If you want their blood puddles to cause it, use [SYN_CONTACT] instead of injection and enters_blood.
I've found that the only effect [ENTERS_BLOOD] does is when you use it in an injection attack it will say "the extract enters the xxxx's blood" other wise it will say "extract splatters on the xxxx's skin"
and yeah turns out I forgot to define how creature's will get afflicted with the syndrome. I knew I made some stupid little mistake...

Never mind those questions about the clay blood syndrome. I figured it out, I added the syndrome to the clay2 material itself, and now it works.  :)

Has anyone figured out what I did wrong in my one creature's entity file?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 12:16:07 pm by Fallen Flame »

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #3769 on: August 28, 2011, 10:41:41 pm »

Some thing is... odd about my mod, the dwarf does indeed get rot, but my surgeon isn't making any head way, he's still operating on the damn upper lip.

The only thing I can think of is a bad bodypart token.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Fallen Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3770 on: August 29, 2011, 02:30:37 am »

Quick question I'm attempting to give creatures the ability for saliva to get injected into wounds when they bite enemies. I created a new material template for saliva and I placed a syndrome definition into the template.
However when they bite enemies the syndrome does not get applied, even though saliva is injected into them. I'm not sure if a syndrome that is applied to a material template will successfully transfer when a bite is made. Or if it is because I made the probabilities of the syndrome a bit low and I'm just having bad luck.
Also does changing the amount of liquid that is injected when an attack is used reduce the chance of a syndrome working?

Spoiler: the template (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: the attack (click to show/hide)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3771 on: August 29, 2011, 03:12:03 am »

You may want to add the syndrome to the local creature material, rather than the material template.

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3772 on: August 29, 2011, 08:35:39 am »

Hello again.

1)Is there a way to make weapon ex "Demonic Blade" to not show up the material it is made out of like "Iron Demonic Blade" ?

2)Is there a way to be able to make ex "Demonic Blade" out a certain material only ?

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #3773 on: August 29, 2011, 08:50:34 am »

Hello again.

1)Is there a way to make weapon ex "Demonic Blade" to not show up the material it is made out of like "Iron Demonic Blade" ?

2)Is there a way to be able to make ex "Demonic Blade" out a certain material only ?

Make a reaction to make a metal called Demonic out of whatever and you're set I'd say.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #3774 on: August 29, 2011, 10:58:06 am »

Does anyone know how to make a reaction treat stacks the same way the bone bolts reaction does? I would like my reaction to take a unit from a stack and leave the rest behind. Currently this is an issue because if I take a stack of 39 Yak blood, it produces 195 yak blood ale (which is more than what fits in a barrel so it all falls onto the ground). If there is another way to circumvent the overfilling, I'd love to hear that as well.

Thanks in advance!

And Changing the REAGENT amount to 150 instead of 1 (unless your using 5 then 750)
[DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT] adding this?

I would be interested in finding out the answer to this question as well, as I have a idea for my mod that will need to take only 1 from a stack

Conrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3775 on: August 29, 2011, 11:04:01 am »

And Changing the REAGENT amount to 150 instead of 1 (unless your using 5 then 750)
[DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT] adding this?

I would be interested in finding out the answer to this question as well, as I have a idea for my mod that will need to take only 1 from a stack

Right now, I've added [DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT] and made it so 172 cave ogre meat or 3 badger meat produce the same amount of blood ale in the end. Not a perfect solution by any means but it's the best I've got.
"College? Dude, I played Dwarf Fortress. My diploma menaces with spikes of knowledge."

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3776 on: August 29, 2011, 09:19:51 pm »

Some thing is... odd about my mod, the dwarf does indeed get rot, but my surgeon isn't making any head way, he's still operating on the damn upper lip.

The only thing I can think of is a bad bodypart token.

I get it as well, I always just figured it was just some quirk with rotten tissue removal.  My dragondudes always get the surgery applied to their left horn, but once the surgery finishes the doctor actually removed all the rotten tissue in one go.  So It might just be some quirk of rotten tissue and not a body mod bug.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Conrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3777 on: August 29, 2011, 09:29:02 pm »

Trying to mod a reaction to use skulls. Will the following work or do I need to use something else?

[REAGENT:skull:1:SKULL:NONE:NONE:NONE]

No clue what I'm doing with this one. Can't find any examples.

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3778 on: August 29, 2011, 09:29:16 pm »

Syndrome-related question here:

How do the START, PEAK, and END parts of a syndrome token work? Are they fixed units of time from application of the agent, or something more complex?

For instance, I'm trying to make a creature with a venomous bite that causes localized pain and maybe mild swelling, and some mild systemic paralysis.

Code: [Select]
[CE_PAIN:SEV:40:PROB:100:LOCALIZED:SIZE_DILUTES:START:20:PEAK:1200:END:2400]
[CE_SWELLING:SEV:20:PROB:40:LOCALIZED:SIZE_DILUTES:START:60:PEAK:1800:END:4800]
[CE_PARALYSIS:SEV:30:PROB:90:SIZE_DILUTES:RESISTABLE:MUSCULAR_ONLY:START:15:PEAK:50:END:1500]

What I'm aiming for with these figures  is to have the paralysis and pain set in relatively quickly, with the pain peaking around the time the paralysis is wearing off, and the swelling to be somewhat delayed in both onset and recovery. What I don't know is how long all of this will work.
Working on: drakes - making the skies(mostly) a bit more varied

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.

Kweri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3779 on: August 29, 2011, 09:39:14 pm »

Trying to mod a reaction to use skulls. Will the following work or do I need to use something else?

[REAGENT:skull:1:SKULL:NONE:NONE:NONE]

No clue what I'm doing with this one. Can't find any examples.

SKULL is not a valid item token. http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Item_token

This has been talked about quite a bit on the boards. It's very difficult to target a specific body part like that. Your best bet will probably be to make skulls out of a different material tagged with something so you can request that specific material in your reaction, limiting your reagent to skulls since they're the only thing made out of that material.
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 357