Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 422942 times)

Conrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #3750 on: August 27, 2011, 07:58:56 pm »

Alright, I've got a reaction that turns meat into blood:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The problem with this is a stack of 3 yak meat produces one barrel of blood. A stack of 19 yak meat produces one barrel of blood as well. I'd like 19 yak meat to produce a stack of 19 yak blood. Other than that, it works fine.

The second problem I'm having is with this reaction:

It's supposed to take an empty barrel/pot as well as a barrel of blood and spit out a barrel/pot of blood ale. Right now, the brewer grabs an empty barrel and spits out a barrel of [5] 'drinks'. What went wrong?
"College? Dude, I played Dwarf Fortress. My diploma menaces with spikes of knowledge."

Kweri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3751 on: August 27, 2011, 08:27:06 pm »

Alright, I've got a reaction that turns meat into blood:

The problem with this is a stack of 3 yak meat produces one barrel of blood. A stack of 19 yak meat produces one barrel of blood as well. I'd like 19 yak meat to produce a stack of 19 yak blood. Other than that, it works fine.

The second problem I'm having is with this reaction:

It's supposed to take an empty barrel/pot as well as a barrel of blood and spit out a barrel/pot of blood ale. Right now, the brewer grabs an empty barrel and spits out a barrel of [5] 'drinks'. What went wrong?
I think the issue with your first reaction is that each "computation" of the reaction requires an empty barrel. A stack of items seems to only ever be run through a reaction once, so it goes through one computation using up one meat, uses up your empty barrel, and then doesn't have another empty barrel to go through again, so the rest of your meat stack is lost. My gut feeling is if you take out the barrel part (and putting the product in a barrel) and try running the reaction then checking the contents of the workshop, it WILL have 3x as many bloods as meats as the product.

No idea how to get around this one and keep the barrel, sorry.

For your second, a few things.

First, your "blood" reagent doesn't contain anything that limits it to being actual blood. Any LIQUID_MISC can be used. Maybe tag a [REACTION_CLASS:BLOOD] or something on your blood template so you can limit your reagent to materials with that?

Next, your "blood container" reagent is missing something - you have NONE:NONE:NONE. I'm guessing you missed the item type in there (BARREL:NONE:NONE:NONE).

Finally, did you add a [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:DRINK_MAT:<blah>] somewhere in your blood material template? If not, that last line isn't going to work. If you did, what does it point to? You're going to have to make a blood ale material - either attached to a "fake" plant that doesn't show up anywhere (in which case your product line is DRINK:NONE:PLANT_MAT:CUSTOM_PLANT_NAME:DRINK_MATERIAL_NAME) or you could add it to something like the default material plans in which case you'd get specifically "Yak Blood Ale" etc - this relies on using the material reaction product stuff.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #3752 on: August 27, 2011, 08:41:21 pm »

This is happening because most reactions don't respect stack sizes.  I've seen this happen with other custom reactions and materials - for most reactions, a stack is treated as if it contained only a single item.  I don't know any way around this at the moment.

Where is 'blood ale' defined?  In this reaction the product material is defined with 'GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:blood:DRINK_MAT', which means it will look at the source material to determine what kind of drink to produce.  Unless the blood, or the creature it came from, has a DRINK_MAT defined, you'll just get a generic drink material.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Conrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: August 27, 2011, 08:55:49 pm »

To tell you the truth, I wasn't even sure what the 'BLOOD_EXTRACT' does. Just found it in a custom reaction in the forums somewhere andL thought it looked useful.

I'll restate what you're telling me to do just so I can be sure I understand what you mean.

I added [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:DRINK_MAT:BLOOD ALE] as well as [REACTION_CLASS:BLOOD] into the blood template

I changed the NONE:NONE:NONE in the blood container reagent to BARREL:NONE:NONE:NONE.

Lastly, I added the [REACTION_CLASS:BLOOD] tag into the blood reagent in the second custom reaction.

I'll gen a world and give it a try to see if it works. Thanks!

EDIT:
Where is 'blood ale' defined?  In this reaction the product material is defined with 'GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:blood:DRINK_MAT', which means it will look at the source material to determine what kind of drink to produce.  Unless the blood, or the creature it came from, has a DRINK_MAT defined, you'll just get a generic drink material.

Would this be defined by putting '[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:DRINK_MAT:BLOOD ALE]' into the material template?

I tried it with the above modifications. Now it takes blood to make it but returns '150 drinks' and doesn't go into the barrel. Actually, with fresh pressed blood (not blood from embark) it returns '450 drinks'.

EDIT 2: It seems to return 450 drinks because the fresh pressed blood comes in stacks of 3. (3 * 150 = 450)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 09:10:07 pm by Conrad »
"College? Dude, I played Dwarf Fortress. My diploma menaces with spikes of knowledge."

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: August 27, 2011, 09:11:11 pm »

You need to define 'blood ale' somewhere.  I suspect that you'll need to add something like this:

Code: [Select]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD_ALE:CREATURE_ALCOHOL_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:frozen blood ale]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:blood ale]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:boiling blood ale]
[PREFIX:NONE]

to every creature in the raws whose blood you want to be able to turn into 'blood ale'.  As a bonus you can then name each one separately, such as 'yak blood ale' and such.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Conrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: August 27, 2011, 09:52:09 pm »

That would take a while if I wanted all creatures with blood to produce it, wouldn't it? I might just write a quick script to do it.

However, I want to experiment with using material templates to call it up. I'll let you know how it works for sure and since I've seen a few threads in my searches for how to brew from things that aren't plants, I'll definitely put it up here as an example. Thanks for all your help everyone, hopefully that's the last of it for now as I think I have an idea on how to call templates now. Thanks!

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3756 on: August 27, 2011, 10:10:22 pm »

It doesn't need to be added to all of the creatures with blood. They all use the same blood template (BLOOD_TEMPLATE) in material_template_default.txt, so changing that will affect everything that bleeds regular blood (so, for example, things that bleed ichor won't be usable in the reaction.)
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Conrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: August 27, 2011, 10:33:26 pm »

Okay, this is more complicated than I thought. Looking at the mead reactions, it does need to be defined within the creature, not just the blood.

I'll do some experimenting and get back to you guys.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: August 27, 2011, 10:36:33 pm »

The problem may be with the GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:blood:DRINK_MAT, which is going to be looking for a DRINK_MAT material from somewhere.  You can put something like [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:DRINK_MAT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD_ALE] in [MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD_TEMPLATE], but you'll still need to define your 'blood ale' in the creature itself.  I don't think you can put the material definition of BLOOD_ALE inside the BLOOD_TEMPLATE raw, but feel free to try that and tell me how it works.

Conrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: August 27, 2011, 10:46:03 pm »

The problem may be with the GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:blood:DRINK_MAT, which is going to be looking for a DRINK_MAT material from somewhere.  You can put something like [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:DRINK_MAT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD_ALE] in [MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD_TEMPLATE], but you'll still need to define your 'blood ale' in the creature itself.  I don't think you can put the material definition of BLOOD_ALE inside the BLOOD_TEMPLATE raw, but feel free to try that and tell me how it works.

You know, it's funny. I did that exact same thing after my last post.

'This is a stack of 150 yak n/a'

So that's closer?

EDIT: With great reluctance, I put the material definitions for blood ale in the creature template. "This is a stack of 150 blood ale"

Now how do I get it to give only 3, and how do I get it to end up in the barrel? Reaction definition as follows:

EDIT2: All the blood barrels I brought on embark are now 'mountain goat blood ale barrel' and the likes. Woops.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 11:00:54 pm by Conrad »

Fallen Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3760 on: August 27, 2011, 10:50:02 pm »

Question, I created a civilization and the creatures are signifigantly bigger than most other races, they don't seem to use any type of armor (other than masks), I'm assuming that this is because all other armor is too small for them.

If they can create their own armor then shouldn't they have armor that fits them?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #3761 on: August 27, 2011, 11:23:37 pm »

You know, it's funny. I did that exact same thing after my last post.

'This is a stack of 150 yak n/a'

So that's closer?

EDIT: With great reluctance, I put the material definitions for blood ale in the creature template. "This is a stack of 150 blood ale"

Now how do I get it to give only 3, and how do I get it to end up in the barrel? Reaction definition as follows:

EDIT2: All the blood barrels I brought on embark are now 'mountain goat blood ale barrel' and the likes. Woops.

Liquid_misc is always defined as [PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150] so for reagent for blood I di this 5X150 = 750 (take 5 units of blood) and changed the [PRODUCT_DIMENSION:3] to a 150, give that a shot

Question, I created a civilization and the creatures are signifigantly bigger than most other races, they don't seem to use any type of armor (other than masks), I'm assuming that this is because all other armor is too small for them.

If they can create their own armor then shouldn't they have armor that fits them?

Post the creatures/civ entity file in a Spoiler, you may have left out [ARMOR:(item name)] [HELM:(item name)] and all that jazz, unless you made everything UNCOMMON or RARE then that would explain it, what you want them to use make sure its COMMON
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 11:26:05 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Fallen Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: August 27, 2011, 11:29:02 pm »

okay here is the entity file for them

Also when I attempt to embark as them the game seems to freeze and crash.

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: August 28, 2011, 12:07:35 am »

anything relavent in the error log?
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Fallen Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: August 28, 2011, 12:24:31 am »

nope nothing regarding them in the error log. If its related I can choose armor for them when I embark, they just don't seem to be wearing it whenever I encounter them. I might try a new genned world I get them to attack me. Some changes I made might have had some effect on it.

EDIT:Also unrelated question, I gave a creature 2 brains inside a single head. When one brain is damaged they go unconcious, is there any way to stop that from happening?

Also I gave my creature clay as blood, and as soon as a splatter of this clay appears on a nearby tile it disappears right after it appears. I made sure that it's boiling and melting point ensure that it is a liquid. Anyone know why this is happening?

Just ran into another problem, can any one see any mistakes (probably did one little thing incorrectly) that I made in this syndrome? there is nothing in the error log, I can't even get anything to get infected by the syndrome.
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:BLOOD_TEMPLATE]
[BLOOD:INORGANIC:CLAY2:LIQUID]
[SELECT_MATERIAL:BLOOD]
  [STATE_NAME:GAS:boiling clay]
  [STATE_NAME:LIQUID:clay]
  [STATE_NAME:SOLID:clay]
  [MELTING_POINT:10000]
  [BOILING_POINT:13000]
  [SYNDROME]
  [ENTERS_BLOOD]
[SYN_NAME:clayification]
[SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:MOLDER:ALL]
[CE_PARALYSIS:SEV:20000:PROB:100:LOCALIZED:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DELAYS:SIZE_DILUTES:START:5:PEAK:10]
I also tried it like this but It still didn't work.
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:BLOOD_TEMPLATE]
[BLOOD:INORGANIC:CLAY2:LIQUID]
[SELECT_MATERIAL:BLOOD]
  [STATE_NAME:GAS:boiling clay]
  [STATE_NAME:LIQUID:clay]
  [STATE_NAME:SOLID:clay]
  [MELTING_POINT:10000]
  [BOILING_POINT:13000]
  [SYNDROME]
  [ENTERS_BLOOD]
[SYN_NAME:clayification]