Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 422851 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #3690 on: August 23, 2011, 11:49:26 pm »

It already turns into gas immediatly and the things ARE infected with it (I'm doing it in object testing mode. It says they are infected with it) but the syndromes don't work.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3691 on: August 23, 2011, 11:50:53 pm »

Try removing the 'LOCALIZED' part of the syndrome's tags. It might make the syndrome spread all around the body.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3692 on: August 23, 2011, 11:53:49 pm »

Nothing happens D:
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3693 on: August 24, 2011, 12:07:57 am »

I don't know about VASCULAR_ONLY, but most of my gaseous stone syndromes don't have it, so they affect everything. But considering that this is a blister, swelling and oozing syndrome, I doubt it will have an effect.

Just to be sure, try changing the PEAK to 2, and add a paralysis/necrosis placeholder to make sure that there's a visual indicator that the syndrome works.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3694 on: August 24, 2011, 12:13:28 am »

I just added necrosis. It still dosen't work.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3695 on: August 24, 2011, 12:27:18 am »

Real odd, tried tweaking it, testing it and stuff. The syndrome "works" in the sense that it appears in the creature's biography and such, but no actual symptoms occur.

Still, I don't understand why it doesn't work when mine worked. Here's an example raw straight from my copy of the game.

[INORGANIC:PARALYSIS]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_TEMPLATE]
   [STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:fog of paralysis][DISPLAY_COLOR:3:0:0][TILE:'*']
    [SPEC_HEAT:409]
   [IGNITE_POINT:11440]
   [MELTING_POINT:NONE]
   [BOILING_POINT:10000]
   [SOLID_DENSITY:1346]
   [MAT_FIXED_TEMP:10025]
   [IS_STONE]
   [STATE_NAME:GAS:constricting fog]
   [STATE_NAME:GAS:constricting fog]
   [STATE_COLOR:ALL_SOLID:DARK_BLUE]
   [STATE_COLOR:LIQUID:DARK_BLUE]
   [STATE_COLOR:GAS:DARK_BLUE]
   [SYNDROME]
      [SYN_NAME:paralysis fog poisoning]
      [SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
      [SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:ILLITHID:ALL] - Remove this, this was used to make the illithid race spellcasters of sorts.
      [SYN_INHALED]
      [CE_NUMBNESS:SEV:100:PROB:100:START:0:PEAK:1:END:20]
      [CE_NUMBNESS:SEV:25:PROB:100:START:20:PEAK:21:END:50]
      [CE_IMPAIR_FUNCTION:SEV:100:PROB:100:BP:BY_TYPE:SIGHT:ALL:START:0:PEAK:1:END:50]
      [CE_PARALYSIS:SEV:100:PROB:100:BP:BY_TYPE:GRASP:ALL:BP:BY_TYPE:STANCE:ALL:BP:BY_TYPE:FLIER:ALL:START:0:PEAK:1:END:50]
<NO_STONE_STOCKPILE> - add this to make it invisible in the stockpile screen in fort mode

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3696 on: August 24, 2011, 02:27:51 am »

I've always had problems testing syndromes in the arena. Try taking control of the infected, walking around for a while, relinquishing control, and then seeing what happens.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #3697 on: August 24, 2011, 08:59:00 am »

Reminder to all modders, one can add sounds to creatures, for adventure mode.

First number is loudness aka distance (in squares), second is commonness aka frequency (1000 for alarm, 10k peaceful).
First form for self "You mutter.", second when see someone doing it "The lobsterman wub-wub-wubs." Third form when don't see creature "You hear quiet beer-drinking."
These are most of the my-Genesis dwarf sounds, some are too fun to spoil here, just go adventure. Feel free to use these as a handy template.

[SOUND:ALERT:50:1200:VOCALIZATION:shout:shouts:a warcry]
   [SOUND:PEACEFUL_INTERMITTENT:45:80000:VOCALIZATION:shout:shouts:a shout] --very rare but long-distance
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I miss lobbing grenades into raider camps in Fallout 3.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 09:02:41 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #3698 on: August 24, 2011, 11:42:10 am »

<NO_STONE_STOCKPILE> - add this to make it invisible in the stockpile screen in fort mode
Is this real?

Are there any other special <(tags)> that arn't on the wiki?

Found it Nvm mind its real

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 11:50:44 am by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3699 on: August 24, 2011, 12:57:19 pm »

I have a question about weapons and forging. I was thinking about making bolts out of lead and I realized I didn't know if the weapon metals (iron, steel, bronze, copper, silver, bismuth bronze, adamantine) were hardcoded. Can I add [ITEM_AMMO] to the lead description to allow me to make lead bolts? Can I add [ITEM_WEAPON] to the gold description to allow gold maces and so on?

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3700 on: August 24, 2011, 01:03:06 pm »

I have a question about weapons and forging. I was thinking about making bolts out of lead and I realized I didn't know if the weapon metals (iron, steel, bronze, copper, silver, bismuth bronze, adamantine) were hardcoded. Can I add [ITEM_AMMO] to the lead description to allow me to make lead bolts? Can I add [ITEM_WEAPON] to the gold description to allow gold maces and so on?
Yes.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #3701 on: August 24, 2011, 01:10:00 pm »

Like Jaxy said, but then the Civs that have access to gold (if you put [ITEM_WEAPON]) will show up with golden swords and spears (I don't believe it has a good edge but great BLUNT as you already know) you could probally make a custom reaction that will make Gold Maces, War Hammers, and whatever other blunt weapon you desire. I don't know if the Civ(s) will bring the golden weapons if they have the permitted reaction... This requires some Testing *Hugo wanders off*

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3702 on: August 24, 2011, 10:15:22 pm »

Reminder to all modders, one can add sounds to creatures, for adventure mode.

I realized this the other day while playing the Cthulhu Mythos mod (he added some for humans and animals) and started adding it to some wildlife, it's surprising how much of a difference it makes. It's really cool.

On an unrelated note, how would I go about adding a sort of "exoskeleton" to a creature that has to be penetrated for their skin, bones etc to be damaged? Sort of like armor, I guess. (That's possible, right?)
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Fallen Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3703 on: August 24, 2011, 10:19:49 pm »

You could make their skin thicker, or you could give them a chitin which functions as an exoskeleton

soul4hdwn

• Bay Watcher
  • make due with what you have
    • View Profile
« Reply #3704 on: August 25, 2011, 01:39:12 am »

how do i get a plant to be like underground ooze?  but have a safty of evaporating after a long while (or does weather do that?).

i keep having excessive breaks from this game that cause me to forget a lot of smaller details x.x
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 357