Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 422885 times)

Neowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #3630 on: August 18, 2011, 05:08:32 pm »

Can anyone tell me how to get sand reagents to work properly?
I've got a reaction to make clay mechanisms that works perfectly. But I want to make one that makes glass mechanisms, and it doesn't work.

[REACTION:MAKE_GLASS_MECHANISM]
   [NAME:make glass mechanism]
   [BUILDING:KILN:CUSTOM_SHIFT_T]
   [REAGENT:sand:1:NONE:NONE:INORGANIC:NONE]
      [REACTION_CLASS:SAND]
   [REAGENT:bag:1:BOX:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [CONTAINS:sand]
      [BAG]
      [PRESERVE_REAGENT]
      [DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:TRAPPARTS:NONE:GLASS_GREEN:NONE]
   [FUEL]
   [SKILL:MECHANICS]

I've tried making the sand reagent fully none, powder_misc, inorganic, everything I can think of. Nothing shows up in the error log, I've regenned after every little change I make, but it never allows the reaction to be queued. Always red in the list.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3631 on: August 18, 2011, 05:13:03 pm »

I'm looking to create a reaction that takes wood and produces a meat product, edible by carnivores.  I got part of the way here, but the meat produced that way is unlabeled, unstockpilable, and generally looks like what it is (i.e., a jury-rigged attempt by an amateur).  I was trying to create a new material mimicking meat called "woodmeal," but I'm thinking it might be easier and more parsimonious to create an animal without any biome or population and use a reaction that outputs meat from that animal. 

Anyone want to give me a pointer as to how to do so?  Things like [PRODUCT:100:3:MEAT:NO_SUBTYPE:TREEGRUB] haven't been working.

Dwarfu

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: August 18, 2011, 05:47:19 pm »

Change the first reagent line to this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And add this to the different types of sand (tan, red, white, yellow, black) in inorganic_stone_soil.txt:

EDIT:  I retested using the REACTION_CLASS:SAND tag and it worked - I had forgotten to take fuel with me on embark the first time and didn't notice.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 06:15:21 pm by Dwarfu »

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3633 on: August 18, 2011, 06:28:29 pm »

I'm looking to create a reaction that takes wood and produces a meat product, edible by carnivores.  I got part of the way here, but the meat produced that way is unlabeled, unstockpilable, and generally looks like what it is (i.e., a jury-rigged attempt by an amateur).  I was trying to create a new material mimicking meat called "woodmeal," but I'm thinking it might be easier and more parsimonious to create an animal without any biome or population and use a reaction that outputs meat from that animal. 

Anyone want to give me a pointer as to how to do so?  Things like [PRODUCT:100:3:MEAT:NO_SUBTYPE:TREEGRUB] haven't been working.

You want [PRODUCT:100:3:MEAT:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:TREEGRUB:MUSCLE].
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3634 on: August 18, 2011, 06:41:05 pm »

You want [PRODUCT:100:3:MEAT:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:TREEGRUB:MUSCLE].
Awesome, thanks!

Qwernt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3635 on: August 18, 2011, 07:44:37 pm »

I've got a reaction to make clay mechanisms that works perfectly. But I want to make one that makes glass mechanisms, and it doesn't work.
I've tried making the sand reagent fully none, powder_misc, inorganic, everything I can think of. Nothing shows up in the error log, I've regenned after every little change I make, but it never allows the reaction to be queued. Always red in the list.

Could I have your clay one?  I am also looking for a wood log -> Mechanism reaction.

Neowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: August 19, 2011, 09:45:12 am »

Woo! Thanks Dwarfu, works perfectly.
As for where I got the reaction class, pretty sure it was earlier in this thread but now I can't find it. Someone had made a couple special glass reactions that both worked, just one of them produced 150 of the product while the nearly identical other reaction produced the desired 1 (he had all the reagents set to size 1 instead of 150). I just extracted the sand reagent lines from his reaction.

Could I have your clay one?  I am also looking for a wood log -> Mechanism reaction.
Sure.
[REACTION:MAKE_CLAY_MECHANISM]
   [NAME:make clay mechanism]
   [BUILDING:KILN:CUSTOM_T]
   [REAGENT:clay:1:BOULDER:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:FIRED_MAT]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:TRAPPARTS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:clay:FIRED_MAT]
   [FUEL]

They're nice, only weigh 27 and are worth 3x what a stone one is.
The glass ones weigh 52 and are only worth double, but they might possibly be magma safe. Will have to test.

As for wood:
[REACTION:MAKE_WOOD_MECHANISM]
   [NAME:make wooden mechanism]
   [BUILDING:CRAFTSMAN:CUSTOM_T]
   [REAGENT:wood:1:WOOD:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:TRAPPARTS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT]
Should work I think. Probably missing something though, haven't used anything but stone and clay successfully (and now glass).

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3637 on: August 19, 2011, 09:47:41 am »

Should work I think. Probably missing something though, haven't used anything but stone and clay successfully (and now glass).
Product line should be PRODUCT:100:1:TRAPPARTS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:wood]
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Neowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3638 on: August 19, 2011, 10:07:35 am »

Product line should be PRODUCT:100:1:TRAPPARTS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:wood]
Almost, we both forgot the trailing :NONE
   [PRODUCT:100:1:TRAPPARTS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:wood:NONE]
Works, producing a wood mechanism with the same value as a stone one but only weighs 12 (made from fungiwood log).

Qwernt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3639 on: August 19, 2011, 02:28:50 pm »

Excellent.  Thank you! (both)

No more is scaring the sacred earth required, and I have another reason to destroy the elf-loved trees.

Neowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3640 on: August 19, 2011, 03:06:05 pm »

I wanted the clay/glass mechanisms for the exact same reason, I've been messing around with a completely no mining fortress.
I also added in making mudstone and claystone from clay at a screw press and kiln.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3641 on: August 20, 2011, 05:39:22 pm »

I need help with an adventurer reaction for a costume mod Im working on.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Kweri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3642 on: August 20, 2011, 06:46:36 pm »

What is the reaction supposed to do? What is it you need help with? A little more info would be appreciated. :)

Going by the name you want it to create silk thread with no reagent, correct?

Your tags are a bit off for the product - check out http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Reaction for reference. Also, the [ANY_SILK_MATERIAL] only works for reagents - it limits what reagents can be used. It won't work to make your product silk - you have to do that yourself.

[PRODUCT:100:1:THREAD:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:SPIDER_CAVE_GIANT:SILK][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:15000] will give you one standard serving of giant cave spider silk thread. The product dimension is there because what we think of as one thread is actually 15000 units so things like suturing don't use up a whole thread.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 06:48:42 pm by Kweri »

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3643 on: August 20, 2011, 08:59:39 pm »

What is the reaction supposed to do? What is it you need help with? A little more info would be appreciated. :)

Going by the name you want it to create silk thread with no reagent, correct?

Your tags are a bit off for the product - check out http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Reaction for reference. Also, the [ANY_SILK_MATERIAL] only works for reagents - it limits what reagents can be used. It won't work to make your product silk - you have to do that yourself.

[PRODUCT:100:1:THREAD:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:SPIDER_CAVE_GIANT:SILK][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:15000] will give you one standard serving of giant cave spider silk thread. The product dimension is there because what we think of as one thread is actually 15000 units so things like suturing don't use up a whole thread.
Do'h, but you hit the nail on the head! :D Thanks!
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3644 on: August 21, 2011, 09:19:07 am »

Alright, I've made my adventure reaction (with the help of Knight Otu)

[REACTION:DEAD_BOOK_ADV]
   [NAME:Craft a book of Necropolis]
   [ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
   [REAGENT:BODY:1:NONE:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:HUMAN:SKIN][UNROTTEN][USE_BODY_COMPONENT]
   [REAGENT:BODY:1:NONE:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:HUMAN:SKIN][UNROTTEN][USE_BODY_COMPONENT]
   [REAGENT:B:1:NONE:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:HUMAN:BONE][UNROTTEN][USE_BODY_COMPONENT][ANY_BONE_MATERIAL]
   [REAGENT:B:1:NONE:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:HUMAN:BONE][UNROTTEN][USE_BODY_COMPONENT][ANY_BONE_MATERIAL]
        [PRODUCT:100:1:WOOD:NONE:PLANT_MAT:PINE:WOOD]
   [SKILL:BONECARVE]

The problem is, I can't get it to accept human skin only. Every time I try to, it either accepts anything or nothing.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 10:36:12 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 357