Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 422937 times)

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #3600 on: August 14, 2011, 09:03:10 pm »

how can i make a position appointed by VARIABLE_POSITION:ALL?
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: August 15, 2011, 03:08:45 pm »

I think the point of [VARIABLE_POSITION:ALL] is that there are no fixed positions. Everything is taken care of by law-givers (which, coincidentally, allows for demons and other such creatures to take over human and goblin civilizations by becoming their law-giver).

I have my own question. Sometimes, in Adventure Mode, you are given a quest to kill a beast. What exactly allows a creature to be assigned as a quest like that, tag-wise? I know that [LARGE_PREDATOR] causes you to be ambushed by the critters that have the tag, but will this also cause them to be quest targets?

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: August 15, 2011, 04:51:55 pm »

I think the point of [VARIABLE_POSITION:ALL] is that there are no fixed positions. Everything is taken care of by law-givers (which, coincidentally, allows for demons and other such creatures to take over human and goblin civilizations by becoming their law-giver).

I have my own question. Sometimes, in Adventure Mode, you are given a quest to kill a beast. What exactly allows a creature to be assigned as a quest like that, tag-wise? I know that [LARGE_PREDATOR] causes you to be ambushed by the critters that have the tag, but will this also cause them to be quest targets?
i think it is the tagging of a individual animal in worldgen as an enemy of a civ.  this tagging would be caused by [LARGE_PREDATOR] and the behavior it creates, i believe.

as for variable positions, i believe the ALL refers to allowing all of the variable positions, not defining all positions as variable.... at least that's what i got out of the wiki.  site level positions work wonderfully, i'm just having problems getting a civ level position to be filled.  perhaps if i were to add [APPOINTED_BY] for all of the variable positions? so that the position would have -

Code: [Select]
[APPOINTED_BY:LAW_GIVER]
[APPOINTED_BY:GENERAL]
[APPOINTED_BY:WAR_LEADER]

?
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: August 15, 2011, 06:11:21 pm »

There is a wonderful way to test this theory. Test it :P
And kindly post the results.

Anyway, I am making my own version of the Wanderer's Friend (or whatever that adventure mode crafting mod was). The basic idea is that it is straightforward and simple, but I have a problem.
Namely, none of my reactions are showing up. I enter arena mode, spawn a dwarf, and try to use these reactions, but none of them even show up on the list; I can only butcher and make sharp stones. The same goes for a fresh world in adventure mode. Could anyone give me a hand here?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kweri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: August 15, 2011, 06:34:47 pm »

There is a wonderful way to test this theory. Test it :P
And kindly post the results.

Anyway, I am making my own version of the Wanderer's Friend (or whatever that adventure mode crafting mod was). The basic idea is that it is straightforward and simple, but I have a problem.
Namely, none of my reactions are showing up. I enter arena mode, spawn a dwarf, and try to use these reactions, but none of them even show up on the list; I can only butcher and make sharp stones. The same goes for a fresh world in adventure mode. Could anyone give me a hand here?

I'm not sure what is keeping these from showing up - you are editing the base raws and choosing those when you go into arena mode, right?

Other than that, your reactions have a few errors.

I assume you added your own weapon called ITEM_WEAPON_KNIFE_ROUGH_CC? It's not in the default raws - make sure you copied the name from your own item correctly. I've transposed parts of long names before by accident...

The Rock Spear gets its material from the "knife stone" reagent - which doesn't exist for the spear. You've got spear stone, though.

Unsure how/if the improve reactions work in adventure mode.

Your free stone reaction has an extra "NONE" at the end of the product.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: August 15, 2011, 06:47:03 pm »

Thanks for the help. Th errorlog wasn't saying anything, so I didn't notice those bits. I fixed everything; KNIFE_ROUGH is indeed a weapon I made.
I fired up the Arena again,a nd once again I could do nothing at all. I'm using the right raws, as I have no other worlds in my testing folder, and the errorlog is saying absolutely nothing.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3606 on: August 15, 2011, 07:12:31 pm »

[IMPROVEMENT:100:improved item:SPIKES:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:stone]

I believe this needs to be...

[IMPROVEMENT:100:improved item:SPIKES:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:stone:NONE]

GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT requires a reagent name and a reagent product ID.  This is only relevant in a few cases (i.e. soap production), but I think it still needs to be there, even though it's almost always NONE.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3607 on: August 15, 2011, 10:14:06 pm »

I kind confused here but how does one make gear for beasts?
is there a way to make GCS helmet or where boots on it's feet?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Dwarfu

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: August 15, 2011, 10:45:18 pm »

A confirmation, please:

1.  Using vanilla raws, there is currently no way to work with bone as a reagent and prevent skulls from being used?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #3609 on: August 15, 2011, 11:18:20 pm »

I can't get my plants to be processed into logs

heres one of the plants

The reaction

also I added the REACTION_CLASS to the WOOD_TEMPLATE

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3610 on: August 15, 2011, 11:53:17 pm »

Does anyone know what the blood item that an adventurer can pick up IG counts as, token wise? I need it for an adventurer reaction and [REAGENT:B:1:NONE:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:NONE:BLOOD] is just letting me use bodyparts.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: August 16, 2011, 12:04:03 am »

Does anyone know what the blood item that an adventurer can pick up IG counts as, token wise? I need it for an adventurer reaction and [REAGENT:B:1:NONE:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:NONE:BLOOD] is just letting me use bodyparts.
[REAGENT:B:1:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:NONE]
if not then try this
[REAGENT:B:1:NONE:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:NONE]

other then that I have No idea

EDIT: maybe [REAGENT:B:1:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:NONE:BLOOD:NONE]?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 12:08:49 am by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Kweri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3612 on: August 16, 2011, 12:21:30 am »

heres one of the plants

The reaction

You never call the wood template in your plant. Instead of    [USE_MATERIAL:WOOD:TOWER_CAP:WOOD], do [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:WOOD:WOOD_TEMPLATE].

Also, for the seeds, I'm pretty sure you're going to want to use the plant's seed material for them instead of A's material (which will be wood, since that's what the plant is made out of). What you can do is add something like [REACTION_MATERIAL_PRODUCT:SEED_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED] to your wood material template, and then in the reaction use [PRODUCT:100:1:SEEDS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:SEED_MAT].

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3613 on: August 16, 2011, 05:19:25 am »

[REAGENT:B:1:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:NONE]
if not then try this
[REAGENT:B:1:NONE:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:NONE]

other then that I have No idea

EDIT: maybe [REAGENT:B:1:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:NONE:BLOOD:NONE]?

Thank you for the attempt, but no dice. LIQUID_MISC is apparently not the required item type, hence using NONE, but NONE doesn't allow use of the blood item either.

Hnnng.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: August 16, 2011, 09:42:19 am »

heres one of the plants

The reaction

You never call the wood template in your plant. Instead of    [USE_MATERIAL:WOOD:TOWER_CAP:WOOD], do [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:WOOD:WOOD_TEMPLATE].

Also, for the seeds, I'm pretty sure you're going to want to use the plant's seed material for them instead of A's material (which will be wood, since that's what the plant is made out of). What you can do is add something like [REACTION_MATERIAL_PRODUCT:SEED_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED] to your wood material template, and then in the reaction use [PRODUCT:100:1:SEEDS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:SEED_MAT].

I was hoping to use the WOOD ID from the original TOWER_CAP, because this the same plant but smaller so you can grow it. Because when I used [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:X:T] I get two types of 'Tower-Cap wood'. Is there anyways to make something 'Pull' the material from another plant or creature? If not I'll just use you answers, SO either way Thank You very Much :)

EDIT: If their is no way of acually doing that, I might just have to make a seperate reaction for each plant that makes its parent wood

EDIT2: What my Intent is to make a version of all the trees that you can grow, but making them so they don't have thier own wood
Ex. Tower-cap Wood (from parent tree from the plant_standard.txt) and Tower-cap Wood (from child tree from plant_custom.txt)
I want the child tree/plant to use the WOOD material from the parent tree thus making only one type of wood in the world
Ex. Tower-cap Wood (from parant tree) and the child TOWER_CAP_SMALL uses the same WOOD material instead of making its own and cluttering up the material list with 'Doubles'
Someone a few pages back can do this with creatures to make 'animial bone' instead of 'cow bone' by making a dummy creature and everyother creature points their materials to the dummy.
What I'm trying to do is get my Child Plant to point Its WOOD material from its parent
CHILD TREE WOOD = PARENT TREE WOOD
not
CHILD TREE WOOD += PARENT TREE WOOD
:(
Also I've really bunged up my reaction
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 12:03:53 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 357