Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 422962 times)

Fallen Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #3555 on: August 10, 2011, 11:16:04 pm »

I put them so high so that any burning effects should occur sooner, and in order for something to be burning does it have to still be in the solid form? or will it still burn if it has melted?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: August 11, 2011, 12:48:44 am »

You've actually put them so high that they'll never happen. The temperature of magma is only 12000.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Fallen Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: August 11, 2011, 01:53:51 am »

But the temperature of material itself still exceeds it's ignition point, so it should always exist in a state of burning, unless it doesn't work that way.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: August 11, 2011, 02:06:30 am »

Hmm...I stand corrected. I may have to !!SCIENCE!! this tomorrow. Flaming arrows, awaaaaay~

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Fallen Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: August 11, 2011, 02:13:37 am »

I wish you luck with this !!science!!

And can anyone give me some help setting the tissue layer colors?
Code: [Select]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:HAIR]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:WHITE:1:EMERALD:1:SILVER:1:CRIMSON:6:PALE_BLUE:1:MIDNIGHT_BLUE:1:JADE:1:CERULEAN:1:BLACK:2:AZURE:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:hair:SINGULAR]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SKIN]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BLACK:1:RED:1:CRIMSON:1:DARK_BROWN:1:DARK_SCARLET:1:GRAY:1:MAROON:1:MIDNIGHT_BLUE:1:SCARLET:1:RUSK:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:skin:SINGULAR]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:EYE]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BLACK:1:RED:1:CRIMSON:1:DARK_BROWN:1:DARK_SCARLET:1:GRAY:1:MAROON:1:MIDNIGHT_BLUE:1:SCARLET:1:RUSK:1:WHITE:1:EMERALD:1:SILVER:1:PALE_BLUE:1:JADE:1:CERULEAN:1:AZURE:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:eyes:PLURAL]
I got that but it keeps setting hair, skin, and eyes all to the color amber, which I don't even have listed as a color to use...

Eldrick Tobin

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: MODDING_UNDWARFY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: August 11, 2011, 02:54:51 am »

I wish you luck with this !!science!!

And can anyone give me some help setting the tissue layer colors?
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:HAIR]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:WHITE:1:EMERALD:1:SILVER:1:CRIMSON:6:PALE_BLUE:1:MIDNIGHT_BLUE:1:JADE:1:CERULEAN:1:BLACK:2:AZURE:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:hair:SINGULAR]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SKIN]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BLACK:1:RED:1:CRIMSON:1:DARK_BROWN:1:DARK_SCARLET:1:GRAY:1:MAROON:1:MIDNIGHT_BLUE:1:SCARLET:1:RUSK:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:skin:SINGULAR]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:EYE]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BLACK:1:RED:1:CRIMSON:1:DARK_BROWN:1:DARK_SCARLET:1:GRAY:1:MAROON:1:MIDNIGHT_BLUE:1:SCARLET:1:RUSK:1:WHITE:1:EMERALD:1:SILVER:1:PALE_BLUE:1:JADE:1:CERULEAN:1:AZURE:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:eyes:PLURAL]
I got that but it keeps setting hair, skin, and eyes all to the color amber, which I don't even have listed as a color to use...

Known Issue. Amber is the color things with only one type and no caste end up with.

So what you might consider is: (Using Unicorpions...)

[CREATURE:MASSIVE_UNICORPION]
[CASTE:COMBATANT]
[DESCRIPTION:An enormous, curious amalgamation of a unicorn and a scorpion. Its horn is stained with the blood and ichor of many species.]
[NAME:Massive Unicorpion:Massive Unicorpions:Massive Unicorpid]
[CASTE_NAME:Massive Unicorpion:Massive Unicorpions:Massive Unicorpid]

--
Eldrick Tobin
Behold the unimpressive Aspectus Lolin mod. || My Little Arachnid Fortress attempt...
I mumble to myself on tumblr... Sometimes about DF Modding.

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: August 11, 2011, 03:25:10 am »

So I'm kind of embarrassed to be asking for help rather than just plowing through it, but I'm sure somebody has tried to do the same thing I'm trying to do, even though search doesn't turn it up...

I'm trying to make a magma well workshop that fills buckets with magma.  I want the product to be usable in other workshops later for an obsidian factory.  I think I've got the first part of the reaction, but I'm totally stumped on what to do for the product.

Liquid_misc:magma doesn't already exist, it looks like?

So do I have to make up my own pseudomagma with fixed_temp?  If I give it fixed_temp and melting point < fixed_temp, will it go in the bucket?  If I need to make pseudomagma, do I just stick it in inorganic_stone_mineral.txt and leave out [ENVIRONMENT], or will that end up making it show up in worlds?

Sorry if I haven't done as much playing around as I ought to have before asking, really brand-new at modding.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

Mikey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: August 11, 2011, 03:42:44 am »

Since you're not actually taking magma, yes, the easiest way is just to use an always-molten stone material as an intermediate reagent.  Just define a new mat in inorganic_other.txt that looks something like this:
[INORGANIC:MOLTEN_ROCK]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_TEMPLATE]
[MAT_FIXED_TEMP:12000]
[MELTING_POINT:11999]
..you shouldn't have to alter any other tags, since the stone template already calls its liquid state 'magma'.  I don't know if you can create liquid of an arbitrary material as a reaction, but you should definitely be able to create globs of it and put them into a container reagent, something like:
[PRODUCT:100:1:GLOB:NONE:INORGANIC:MOLTEN_ROCK][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:container]..where 'container' is the name of your container reagent.  I assume the container will need a melting point above 12000, but I don't really know how thoroughly DF tracks things like that for containment.

Mikey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: August 11, 2011, 03:44:43 am »

But the temperature of material itself still exceeds it's ignition point, so it should always exist in a state of burning, unless it doesn't work that way.
Try it at magma temp first, since it's known that things ignite properly around 10000-15000 (e.g. lignite).  If that works, but isn't 'burny' enough, then try higher temperatures and see if it still successfully ignites.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #3564 on: August 11, 2011, 07:48:23 am »

Hmm...I stand corrected. I may have to !!SCIENCE!! this tomorrow. Flaming arrows, awaaaaay~
You might want to read the tested-and-true self-burning materials of the Bonfire Mod. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=58806.0
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Fallen Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: August 11, 2011, 12:32:21 pm »

Okay so to make them use the different colors I just have to define a caste then? Whats the simplest caste that I can use in it with out changing my creature, would it be that example you posted?

And I shall take a look at the bonfire mod, see if I can get something from there.

franti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: August 11, 2011, 01:00:52 pm »

1) If I get Graphite Blocks made into constructions (Walls) near magma, will they catch on fire?
2) Can I make it burn forever
3) If it burns out, will anything above it colapse?
Adamantine, Steel, Pig Iron, Iron, Bronze, Bismuth Bronze, Platinum, Brass, Black Bronze, Billon, Rose Gold, Electrum, Bismuth, Aluminum, Gold, Copper, Tin, Sterling Silver, Silver, Nickel, Zinc, Lead, Nickel Silver, Trifle Pewter, Fine Pewter, Lay Pewter.

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: August 11, 2011, 01:40:16 pm »

IIRC. once the block gets used to build something. it's pretty much indestructible as long as the building itself stands..
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #3568 on: August 11, 2011, 02:07:34 pm »

1) If I get Graphite Blocks made into constructions (Walls) near magma, will they catch on fire?

No.  Constructions never burn or melt, they're basically immune to that kind of environmental damage.  Buildings (doors, workshops, trade depots, statues, supports, etc) will burn, if magma is in the same tile, and if made from a flammable material.

2) Can I make it burn forever

No.  Only artifacts burn forever.  I suppose an artifact lignite table or statue will burn forever, I haven't tried that.

3) If it burns out, will anything above it colapse?

Moot point for constructions, since they don't burn.  If a support made from a flammable material catches on fire and burns away, it should cause anything supported by the support to collapse.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Lexx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: August 11, 2011, 04:51:25 pm »

I am working on lizardmen and orc civs and I was wondering. What specifically allows an entity to have soldiers clad in metal armors? So far when I have encountered these races in testing they only have metal weapons and sometimes metal masks. Everything else is made from leather.
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 357