Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 422993 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #3510 on: August 09, 2011, 09:57:04 am »

Hey there wondering if anyone could help me with a query: can you increase through the use of tokens or tags the velocity and power of weapons and/or attacks apart from those shot by ranged weapons? I kind of want to mod in a 'killing blow' esque attack, one that will propel enemies across the room and all that jazz. cheers!

Am doing !!SCIENCE!! on this after work.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: August 09, 2011, 10:51:37 am »

It's really difficult to send things flying that aren't half the size of you in the current version.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: August 09, 2011, 12:22:26 pm »

That's why I'm going to use obscenely large numbers for my multipliers.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

spriksprak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: August 09, 2011, 01:56:12 pm »

Am doing !!SCIENCE!! on this after work.

cheers  :D let me know of any appropriately messy, gore covered, and mewling piteously lab results!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: August 09, 2011, 03:20:36 pm »

Okay, so here's the deal. I made an attack, and set all the multipliers to 100,000. Played in the Arena, unskilled human (with only a weapon) v unskilled, naked human. Nothing too out of the ordinary, but limbs came off a lot. So, I cranked all of them up to 1,000,000. Same result, with fewer attacks that resulted in bruising and broken bones, just "the severed part goes sailing off in an arc!" So, I cranked them all up to 1,000,000,000. That's right, one billion. Nothing else happened.

Now, I do remember flinging things across the map with huge crossbow bolts I made for a weapon called a "hand ballista" but I don't have that raw anymore. Maybe it's more to do with the size of the weapon than anything else?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: August 09, 2011, 03:36:46 pm »

Okay, so here's the deal. I made an attack, and set all the multipliers to 100,000. Played in the Arena, unskilled human (with only a weapon) v unskilled, naked human. Nothing too out of the ordinary, but limbs came off a lot. So, I cranked all of them up to 1,000,000. Same result, with fewer attacks that resulted in bruising and broken bones, just "the severed part goes sailing off in an arc!" So, I cranked them all up to 1,000,000,000. That's right, one billion. Nothing else happened.

Now, I do remember flinging things across the map with huge crossbow bolts I made for a weapon called a "hand ballista" but I don't have that raw anymore. Maybe it's more to do with the size of the weapon than anything else?

Yeah, it's all about size now.

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: August 09, 2011, 03:41:18 pm »

I just tested a silver war hammer that was 400,000,000 in size. Only noticeable effects were that the dwarf was a lot slower (adv mode speed of 99), it actually seemed to do less damage, only bruising the skin almost every time.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 04:01:08 pm by trees »
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: August 09, 2011, 03:51:23 pm »

I just tested a silver war hammer that was 400,000,00 in size. Only noticeable effects were that the dwarf was a lot slower (adv mode speed of 99), it actually seemed to do less damage, only bruising the skin almost every time.

Make a larger adventurer

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3518 on: August 09, 2011, 04:00:09 pm »

is it possible to create a mod that adds the
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
from Syrupleaf?
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: August 09, 2011, 04:05:43 pm »

A bronze colossus wielded it to the same effect, so I guess it's not practical for a dwarf-wielded weapon to be able to send things flying.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: August 09, 2011, 05:29:53 pm »

Ah, well, at least we gave it a good shot.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: August 09, 2011, 06:24:39 pm »

is it possible to create a mod that adds the
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
from Syrupleaf?

Yeah, since that was kind of a mod in the first place. We'd just need the raws for the spawn, and all that would be needed are some changes to the raws for the current version.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: August 09, 2011, 07:39:27 pm »

How feasible do you think it would be to try to make some kind of... "Research" workshop? The idea I'm thinking is it would produce some valueless objects that would represent "research points" and then you'd take those to another workshop to produce special... things.

However, I'm not sure if this is very feasible. Mainly because I always mess up on reactions, and while I thought of making "superior" weapons and armors be made this way - in terms of raw data - I'm not sure which numbers to really increase. That and I can't really see anyway to improve existing armors.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3523 on: August 09, 2011, 10:05:40 pm »

You could make a 'Study' reaction that uses food and alcohol to produce 'data', which you could then collate into 'R&D' or something at a papermaker's workshop. I'd suggest waiting for the interaction system in the next update if you want to make it really cool, since you could then tie spells and artifice to the documents made from the data, and teach your dwarves to fire their eyeballs like arrows, and that sort of thing.
Also known as Zuhayr.

scion-of-fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • All Things Serve the Beam.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3524 on: August 09, 2011, 10:20:29 pm »

Do I need to regen if I change the results of some of my reactions? For example, I was going to make 1 log produce 10 Menacing Wooden Spikes instead of one?
Long Days and Pleasant Nights, Stranger.
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 357