Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 423027 times)

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #3495 on: August 08, 2011, 07:04:57 am »

1. Are whips still kind of "broken" in that they basically slice everything to ribbons? I'm not sure if I want to keep them in my mod or not if they are.
Yes, Vanilla DF's whips are still stupid. "Because it's very narrow blunt, it must be great in getting through plate mail."
Genesis mod has replaced whips with halberds.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3496 on: August 08, 2011, 09:06:32 am »

okay, too much headache to read too much, so I'm just gonna put this here: how would I go about getting my dwarves to learn to make hair thread into hair cloth? I was inspired by a) a post in DF General about unicorn hair and b) an FB that left some hair behind when I butchered it, which I want to make into a cloak and give it to my militia commander.
[SELECT_MATERIAL:HAIR]
   [YARN]
Put that sometime after the material definitions. If it works for sheep, it'll work for dorfs (to make it work for all hair add [YARN] to the hair template). You may have trouble getting more hair though.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3497 on: August 08, 2011, 01:12:49 pm »

I've gotten a few civs that have elephants and rhinos before, but reading up they're too... hungry, to actually be viable to use. What would you have to change to make them able to actually be able to not starve to death?

Also, this probably requires a world regen, so I can't apply it to my current file right?

franti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: August 08, 2011, 02:21:28 pm »

[ENVIRONMENT_SPEC:GRANITE:CLUSTER:45]

Does the "45" mean it's 45% as big as a "CLUSTER:100", 45% as likely to form, or 45% as likely to produce ore when mined out?
Adamantine, Steel, Pig Iron, Iron, Bronze, Bismuth Bronze, Platinum, Brass, Black Bronze, Billon, Rose Gold, Electrum, Bismuth, Aluminum, Gold, Copper, Tin, Sterling Silver, Silver, Nickel, Zinc, Lead, Nickel Silver, Trifle Pewter, Fine Pewter, Lay Pewter.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3499 on: August 08, 2011, 02:35:39 pm »

Does the "45" mean it's 45% as big as a "CLUSTER:100", 45% as likely to form, or 45% as likely to produce ore when mined out?

45% as likely to form.  It's a relative distribution number.  Lower = more rare.

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3500 on: August 08, 2011, 03:13:52 pm »

toying around with an idea.. Anyone done !!science!! to determine the ideal severity of numbness effect to increase combat effectiveness?
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Kweri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: August 08, 2011, 03:15:11 pm »

I've gotten a few civs that have elephants and rhinos before, but reading up they're too... hungry, to actually be viable to use. What would you have to change to make them able to actually be able to not starve to death?

Also, this probably requires a world regen, so I can't apply it to my current file right?

You need to change the GRAZER tag value. Both elephant and rhinoceros are in the creature_large_tropical.txt file. Change [GRAZER:12] (elephant) and [GRAZER:20] (rhino) to larger values. Think of the number as the amount of nutrition they gain from eating one grass. Sheep, for example, have 1200 and are very easy to keep fed.

If you make these changes in your save's raw folder (DF Directory\data\save\Your Save Here\raw) then it WILL work on your current game and no regen is required. Change it in the base raw folder (DF Directory\raw) to affect all future games.

franti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: August 08, 2011, 04:14:49 pm »

45% as likely to form.  It's a relative distribution number.  Lower = more rare.
If I wanted a cluster bigger than "CLUSTER_SMALL", but smaller than the clusters Magnetite forms in, what would I do?
Adamantine, Steel, Pig Iron, Iron, Bronze, Bismuth Bronze, Platinum, Brass, Black Bronze, Billon, Rose Gold, Electrum, Bismuth, Aluminum, Gold, Copper, Tin, Sterling Silver, Silver, Nickel, Zinc, Lead, Nickel Silver, Trifle Pewter, Fine Pewter, Lay Pewter.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: August 08, 2011, 05:23:00 pm »

You wouldn't. The only medium is a vein.
くコ:彡

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: August 08, 2011, 06:04:21 pm »

I'm making reactions for adventurer mode so I can tan skins, make leather items, make simple wooden weapons, and make stone knives from small rocks I sharpen. I'm using the TAN_A_HIDE reaction from fort mode and putting ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED to it. I'm creating custom reactions to make wood weapons, leather armor and cloth clothing from stuff i either buy in shops or take in fort mode.

I need to know the dimensions of:

One wood log,
One unit of thread,
One tanned skin, and
One sharpened small rock.

Please place their dimensions in that exact order.
I also wish to know if these dimensions are required in my reactions.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 07:29:27 pm by UristMcHuman »

spriksprak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: August 08, 2011, 06:39:54 pm »

Hey there wondering if anyone could help me with a query: can you increase through the use of tokens or tags the velocity and power of weapons and/or attacks apart from those shot by ranged weapons? I kind of want to mod in a 'killing blow' esque attack, one that will propel enemies across the room and all that jazz. cheers!

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: August 08, 2011, 10:47:56 pm »

You need to change the GRAZER tag value. Both elephant and rhinoceros are in the creature_large_tropical.txt file. Change [GRAZER:12] (elephant) and [GRAZER:20] (rhino) to larger values. Think of the number as the amount of nutrition they gain from eating one grass. Sheep, for example, have 1200 and are very easy to keep fed.

If you make these changes in your save's raw folder (DF Directory\data\save\Your Save Here\raw) then it WILL work on your current game and no regen is required. Change it in the base raw folder (DF Directory\raw) to affect all future games.

What would you suggest is a reasonable GRAZER value for them? I don't want to make them too awesome suddenly or something and I lack the knowledge to know what is really reasonable...

Also my custom race uses evil pets - like Ogres and Trolls - which seem to have a petvalue of 1. Anyone have an idea of whats a good petvalue for them? Them only costing 1 embark point is kind of unfair, and it can be nice to embark with them but... I feel like I'm cheating if I do  :-\

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: August 08, 2011, 10:56:19 pm »

The grazer thing will only effect tamed creatures. It won't change how much the civ needs to eat.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: August 08, 2011, 10:59:28 pm »

The grazer thing will only effect tamed creatures. It won't change how much the civ needs to eat.

I meant in that I don't want to get some elephants and have them just be too... awesome. Then again, I guess if they can become war/hunting animals... isn't it kind of bad for them to even have GRAZER at all? Maybe I should just remove it or something... but I'm sure Toady has a reason for them having the GRAZER in the first place...  :-\

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: August 08, 2011, 11:01:48 pm »

The raws for the elephant mention something about not being able to browse trees yet, so I guess he intends for them to eat trees at some point in the future.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 357