Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 423047 times)

Mikey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #3450 on: August 01, 2011, 06:46:49 pm »

So if I create a new container item that can only be metal, can I specify the name of that container?  i.e. [REAGENT:C:1:LARGE_BARREL:NONE:NONE] where the "large barrel" is a new item only made of certain metals?
You shouldn't need to?  Just specify BARREL:NONE:INORGANIC:NONE in the container reagent tag, and it should only accept stone and metal barrels.  Unless you've modded in a stone barrel reaction, the only barrels that should match this will be metal.  If for whatever reason wood is considered 'inorganic', then yes, your best bet is to copy one of the jug definitions in item_tool.txt, and make sure it only has [ITEMS_METAL] rather than [ITEMS_HARD].

In that case, do I need to replace the [IS_STONE] tag (i.e. from the plaster definition) with an [IS_GLOB] tag?
Good question.  You might have to look through the material definition token tags related to globs (http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Material_definition_token) and do some experimentation to get the result you want with respect to stockpile storage, etc.  [IS_STONE] should be ok, and should let it be stored in stone stockpiles (as long as you don't give the material the [NO_STONE_STOCKPILE] tag) that have > 0 barrel count allowed, but I'm not sure about that.

At the very least, you'll want the [DO_NOT_CLEAN_GLOB] tag to make sure orphaned globs don't get cleaned/destroyed.  [STOCKPILE_GLOB] will make it show up under Fat in food stockpiles, which you probably don't want (unless for whatever reason it can't be stored in stone stockpiles in glob form).

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: August 02, 2011, 08:46:06 am »

Hey, just a quick question.
Could someone give me the names of the hardcoded workshops so I can add custom reactions to them? I am making helms out of skulls instead of bone, and don't want to do that from a soapmaker's workshop.
If someone could provide a link to this on the wiki, that would be even better. I couldn't find one, but a solution to every problem is better than a solution to one.
I also did a search for this information in the thread, but seeing as every post in the thread contains the word workshop that won't work.

Yeah, guess what? Found it on the wiki. HOWEVER...
If I make the reagent line this:

[REAGENT:A:1:CORPSEPIECE:SKULL:NONE:NONE]

Will that work? OR can I not specify specific corpse pieces, or will I need a different subtype for a skull? Worst case scenario, I make it so that I need skull totems instead and add another step.

EDIT2:
Alright, I'm too damn lazy to gen another world to see if this works, so here is the entire reaction. I would appreciate it if anyone could give this a quick look to ensure everything is in the proper place; this is the first reaction I have built from scratch.

[REACTION:SKULL_HELM]
   [NAME:make a skull helm]
   [BUILDING:CRAFTSMAN:L]
   [REAGENT:A:1:CORPSEPIECE:NONE:NONE:NONE][HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:SKULL_MAT]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:SKULL_MAT][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
   [SKILL:BONECARVE]
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 09:06:46 am by Crazy Cow »

Kweri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: August 02, 2011, 12:00:34 pm »

I've tried messing with corpsepiece before but haven't had very good results. Usually I use NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE in the item/material section then [UNROTTEN][USE_BODY_COMPONENT][reaction class/has material reaction product to help narrow]

In regards to your reaction, where did you put the material reaction product tag in your materials? SKULL_MAT isn't there by default, and since skull is made of bone I'd imagine you'd put it in the bone material (unless you made your own skull material?) - which means any bone could be chosen.

You could create a new material used only for skulls (copy bone but give it a new name) and then go into the body detail plans to make sure the skull uses that material instead of bone. Or the totem idea may be easier.

[BUILDING:CRAFTSMAN:L] should probably be [BUILDING:CRAFTSMAN:CUSTOM_L]

The reaction seems to indicate you want to make a skull helm but right now you're making a bar... any reason you're not making a skull helm? [PRODUCT:100:1:HELM:ITEM_HELM_HELM:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE] should work.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: August 02, 2011, 12:26:21 pm »

Whoops. I copied the product from the blacksmithing stuff. I'll make the changes as you suggested, then test it.

Humdilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Go Action Bastard Anti-Enema Beam!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: August 03, 2011, 12:31:18 am »

Is it possible to define a specific body part as a reagent along with which creature it came from?

Kweri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: August 03, 2011, 12:30:38 pm »

It depends partly on what you want to require - tissues are okay, I'd think, but body parts not so much. For example, requiring cat bones (bone is a tissue) should be okay, but cat tails (tail is a body part) not so much. To do this, try:
Code: [Select]
[REAGENT:A:1:NONE:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:CAT:BONE][UNROTTEN][USE_BODY_COMPONENT] * Note that CAT:BONE refers to the bone material, not the tissue, even though we'll be grabbing a tissue to use
Now something you could do would be to define a custom material and put that material in a tissue in your target body part. Give the material the [BUTCHER_SPECIAL] tag with some type of item - at the moment BUTCHER_SPECIAL is bugged and does NOT obey the item subtype you give it. When that is fixed you could do something like make a custom tool called what you want ("cat tail") and then assign [BUTCHER_SPECIAL:TOOL:CAT_TAIL] to some special material in a tissue in the tail so when it is butchered you get an actual "cat tail" item. You then could require this item in your reaction (REAGENT:A:1:TOOL:CAT_TAIL:NONE:NONE). For the time being you could use [BUTCHER_SPECIAL:STATUE:NONE] in your custom material and [REAGENT:A:1:STATUE:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:CAT:<your custom cat tail material>].

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: August 03, 2011, 12:59:17 pm »

Is it possible to make a reaction that can turn logs into well... something like planks or something else I can use for building? I'm trying to make towns, out of wood, and it literally takes hundreds of trees to make a single structure.

Or am I just going to have to make a reaction that turns 1 log, into even more logs?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: August 03, 2011, 01:13:14 pm »

You could use blocks. Such as the sawmill mod here does.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: August 03, 2011, 01:16:43 pm »

You could use blocks. Such as the sawmill mod here does.

Ah thank you. I wasn't sure if you could do that or not. Now to add this to my mod... it's terribly awful deforesting an entire region and getting a single building out of it...

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: August 03, 2011, 03:56:49 pm »

hello, i'm trying to add thrownable axes to my little fort, trying to teach my Militia to use them was kinda hard so i ended up creating a  weapon called axe thrower's glove, wich use thownable axes as ammo, now i need a hand in modifying it to teach the THROW skill, here my raw of the weapon and ammo, anyone can help?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

should i simply change CROSSBOW to THROW?
Re: 1000 sgins that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)
...Wait. Adamantine is real?...
...155. You are no longer sure what metals are real or fictional.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: August 03, 2011, 04:03:55 pm »

hello, i'm trying to add thrownable axes to my little fort, trying to teach my Militia to use them was kinda hard so i ended up creating a  weapon called axe thrower's glove, wich use thownable axes as ammo, now i need a hand in modifying it to teach the THROW skill, here my raw of the weapon and ammo, anyone can help?

should i simply change CROSSBOW to THROW?

Nope.

Change [SKILL:AXE] to [SKILL:THROW]

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: August 03, 2011, 04:05:13 pm »

isnt [SKILL:AXE] only for hand-to-hand? i want to train only the ranged attack in throwing
edit: testing anyway
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 04:27:07 pm by Krantz86 »
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)

Greymane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: August 03, 2011, 05:30:00 pm »

I've tried messing with corpsepiece before but haven't had very good results. Usually I use NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE in the item/material section then [UNROTTEN][USE_BODY_COMPONENT][reaction class/has material reaction product to help narrow]

In regards to your reaction, where did you put the material reaction product tag in your materials? SKULL_MAT isn't there by default, and since skull is made of bone I'd imagine you'd put it in the bone material (unless you made your own skull material?) - which means any bone could be chosen.

You could create a new material used only for skulls (copy bone but give it a new name) and then go into the body detail plans to make sure the skull uses that material instead of bone. Or the totem idea may be easier.

[BUILDING:CRAFTSMAN:L] should probably be [BUILDING:CRAFTSMAN:CUSTOM_L]

The reaction seems to indicate you want to make a skull helm but right now you're making a bar... any reason you're not making a skull helm? [PRODUCT:100:1:HELM:ITEM_HELM_HELM:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE] should work.

I've tried the totem reaction like this:

[REACTION:MAKE_BONE_MASK]
   [NAME:make skull mask]
   [BUILDING:CRAFTSMAN:CUSTOM_SHIFT_M]
   [REAGENT:A:1:TOTEM:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:ITEM:ITEM_HELM_MASK:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
   [SKILL:BONECARVE]

... and oddly it makes my game lock up every time just when the helm/mask is about to be completed. Both in a fairly extensively edited world and one where this was literally the only added mod. Can't even begin to guess at why. Not sure if it would be the same for anyone else, though.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: August 03, 2011, 05:52:58 pm »

That reaction is indeed a game breaker. Huh. I wonder what's up?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: August 03, 2011, 05:57:20 pm »

FIXED

was CROSSBOW to THROW

found the error while i tried earlier was a mistyping, right now my dwarves are increasing the THROW skill while using the chained glove
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 357