Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 423144 times)

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #3345 on: July 25, 2011, 02:29:00 pm »

Okay, Modding Gods. I need your help. I can't figure out [LAYS_UNUSUAL_EGGS], and I want this domestic spider to lay silk cloth (both genders), but I also want them to be able to reproduce without eggs. Is this possible? And how would I implement it?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[LAYS_UNUSUAL_EGGS:CLOTH:NONE:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SPIDER_CAVE_SPINNER:SILK] should do it.
Note that creatures that lay unusual eggs DON'T reproduce via eggs.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

scion-of-fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • All Things Serve the Beam.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: July 25, 2011, 02:31:25 pm »

Okay, Modding Gods. I need your help. I can't figure out [LAYS_UNUSUAL_EGGS], and I want this domestic spider to lay silk cloth (both genders), but I also want them to be able to reproduce without eggs. Is this possible? And how would I implement it?

[LAYS_UNUSUAL_EGGS:CLOTH:NONE:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SPIDER_CAVE_SPINNER:SILK] should do it.
Note that creatures that lay unusual eggs DON'T reproduce via eggs.

So it'll just reproduce the normal way? Sweet.

I assume I just paste this under [SELECT_CASTE_ALL:]?
Long Days and Pleasant Nights, Stranger.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: July 25, 2011, 02:32:54 pm »

Wait wait, it's [LAYS_UNUSUAL_EGGS:CLOTH:NONE:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SILK]. Disregard what I gave you earlier.
And yes, paste it there.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

scion-of-fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • All Things Serve the Beam.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: July 25, 2011, 02:35:18 pm »

Wait wait, it's [LAYS_UNUSUAL_EGGS:CLOTH:NONE:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SILK]. Disregard what I gave you earlier.
And yes, paste it there.

Thanks, bro. Brofists all around.
Long Days and Pleasant Nights, Stranger.

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: July 25, 2011, 02:56:35 pm »

Hey folks.  I have been doing some !!science!! to figure things out regarding this thread, and have run into some strangeness.  It would appear that [LIKES_FIGHTING] and [NOFEAR] are doing nothing to make elephants (and other creatures) more aggressive.  My tests are done in adventure mode, but I don't think that should make the difference.  The elephants always flee. 

[LARGE_PREDATOR] and [AMBUSHPREDATOR] work fine, but they have some side-effects that I want to avoid (like getting ambushed by an elephant is super dumb). 

Does anyone know for certain if  [LIKES_FIGHTING] and [NOFEAR] are bugged, or, if not, why they don't seem to be doing anything?
where is up?

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: July 25, 2011, 05:37:36 pm »

Alright, I am making an entity as a request for someone, and I need a little help. This is the errorlog when I ran the game:
Code: [Select]
*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_daemon.txt"
Unrecognized Skill Token: FIGHTER
Unrecognized Skill Token: DODGER
Unrecognized Skill Token: WRESTLER
*** Error(s) finalizing the creature DAEMON_CC
DAEMON_CC:DAEMON_FEMALE:right horn, layer 1: Tissue HORN was not found, using first tissue instead
DAEMON_CC:DAEMON_FEMALE:left horn, layer 1: Tissue HORN was not found, using first tissue instead
DAEMON_CC:DAEMON_MALE:right horn, layer 1: Tissue HORN was not found, using first tissue instead
DAEMON_CC:DAEMON_MALE:left horn, layer 1: Tissue HORN was not found, using first tissue instead
DAEMON_CC:DAEMON_BANSHEE:right horn, layer 1: Tissue HORN was not found, using first tissue instead
DAEMON_CC:DAEMON_BANSHEE:left horn, layer 1: Tissue HORN was not found, using first tissue instead
DAEMON_CC:DAEMON_SUCCUBUS:right horn, layer 1: Tissue HORN was not found, using first tissue instead
DAEMON_CC:DAEMON_SUCCUBUS:left horn, layer 1: Tissue HORN was not found, using first tissue instead
DAEMON_CC:DAEMON_HELLKITE:right horn, layer 1: Tissue HORN was not found, using first tissue instead
DAEMON_CC:DAEMON_HELLKITE:left horn, layer 1: Tissue HORN was not found, using first tissue instead

So, I need to know what to do about the tissue problem, and I need to know what tags will work for fighting, dodging, armor user, shield user, and wrestling. Thanks for any help!

Raws of the creature:
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 05:48:51 pm by Crazy Cow »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: July 25, 2011, 06:58:27 pm »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: July 25, 2011, 06:59:33 pm »

/facepalm

Thank you very much. I'll assume the horn isn't a problem unless something buggy happens when it is hit.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: July 25, 2011, 07:13:42 pm »

Alright, I am making an entity as a request for someone, and I need a little help. This is the errorlog when I ran the game:
Code: [Select]
*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_daemon.txt"
Unrecognized Skill Token: FIGHTER
Unrecognized Skill Token: DODGER
Unrecognized Skill Token: WRESTLER
*** Error(s) finalizing the creature DAEMON_CC
DAEMON_CC:DAEMON_FEMALE:right horn, layer 1: Tissue HORN was not found, using first tissue instead
DAEMON_CC:DAEMON_FEMALE:left horn, layer 1: Tissue HORN was not found, using first tissue instead
DAEMON_CC:DAEMON_MALE:right horn, layer 1: Tissue HORN was not found, using first tissue instead
DAEMON_CC:DAEMON_MALE:left horn, layer 1: Tissue HORN was not found, using first tissue instead
DAEMON_CC:DAEMON_BANSHEE:right horn, layer 1: Tissue HORN was not found, using first tissue instead
DAEMON_CC:DAEMON_BANSHEE:left horn, layer 1: Tissue HORN was not found, using first tissue instead
DAEMON_CC:DAEMON_SUCCUBUS:right horn, layer 1: Tissue HORN was not found, using first tissue instead
DAEMON_CC:DAEMON_SUCCUBUS:left horn, layer 1: Tissue HORN was not found, using first tissue instead
DAEMON_CC:DAEMON_HELLKITE:right horn, layer 1: Tissue HORN was not found, using first tissue instead
DAEMON_CC:DAEMON_HELLKITE:left horn, layer 1: Tissue HORN was not found, using first tissue instead

So, I need to know what to do about the tissue problem, and I need to know what tags will work for fighting, dodging, armor user, shield user, and wrestling. Thanks for any help!

Raws of the creature:

Skill tokens and profession tokens are different things, even though it's really easy to mix them up.  In this case, you're using profession tokens where skill tokens are required.  You're looking for MELEE_COMBAT, DODGING, and WRESTLING.

Also, add...

[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:HORN:HORN_TEMPLATE]
   [USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:HORN:HORN_TEMPLATE]

...to your creature file (somewhere before castes are defined).

This should fix all of your errors, but I feel compelled to tell you that your template for "fire blood" is actually colder than absolute zero.  If you want actual fire blood, change the fixed temp and ignite points to 12000 (magma's temperature).  Also note that your blood templates inherit the default state temperatures for blood unless otherwise specified, which will probably result in them boiling immediately unless this is changed.  I advise you make the following changes...

Spoiler: changes (click to show/hide)

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: July 25, 2011, 07:21:20 pm »

Alright, I'll keep all that in mind for later. For now, however, I have the following problems:

I don't know the name in the raws for the fighter and archer skills.

Also, this:
Spoiler: errorlog.txt (click to show/hide)

Right now, those and the problems with fighter and archer are the only parts of my mod with errors in errorlog :D

Not sure on the BP tokens (make sure these are all defined parts of the body, I might have accidentally axed them), but the tokens you're looking for are MELEE_COMBAT (fighter) and RANGED_COMBAT (archer - I believe this skill also has effects while using any ranged weapons)

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: July 25, 2011, 07:24:21 pm »

Awesome, thank you. No errors and the blood works perfectly now.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: July 25, 2011, 07:27:11 pm »

Awesome, thank you. No errors and the blood works perfectly now.

I do what I can :)

Best of luck with it, and of course, if you have any more problems or questions in the future, you know where to post.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: July 25, 2011, 10:31:35 pm »

I think that error may be superfluous, since it only appears once; the likely error-causing tags appear no less than 4 times in the file, and there are only 3 caste bodytypes, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Also, question: with LAYS_UNUSUAL_EGGS, how many "eggs" are laid at once? Is it only one, or is it defined in the creature file?

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: July 25, 2011, 10:53:56 pm »

I think that error may be superfluous, since it only appears once; the likely error-causing tags appear no less than 4 times in the file, and there are only 3 caste bodytypes, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Also, question: with LAYS_UNUSUAL_EGGS, how many "eggs" are laid at once? Is it only one, or is it defined in the creature file?

[CLUTCH_SIZE:(min):(max)] defines it in the creature file.  Not sure what it defaults to if that token is missing.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: July 26, 2011, 12:15:18 am »

[CLUTCH_SIZE:(min):(max)] defines it in the creature file.  Not sure what it defaults to if that token is missing.

Right, perfect. I'm working on this thing, I'm thinking of making it a seperate mod, that is, have Trolls as a civ that may go to war with your civ (if so, I make turn EAT_SAPIENT_KILL to PERSONAL_MATTER in the entity raws for the non-conversion one), OR have trolls as a playable civ. I feel like the two should be mutually exclusive, if only for the fact that the egg-laying troll goose (name tentative :P) and metalslaughter troll cow (name also tentative) would be available for the dwarves otherwise.
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 357