Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 423279 times)

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #3240 on: July 10, 2011, 06:22:35 pm »

So, i'm trying to make a creature that is always, ALWAYS, trailing flames behind it.

Secretions don't seem to work for this.

Help me, please.
w̷̦̬̹̣͕̙͖͑̓̌̓̑̄͒͋͜͝h̙̩͈̱͚̳̳̪͖̙͕̥̳ͥ̍̔͂̑̿̓̍̑ͣ͆̅̀͢y̧̼̭͎͓̟̺͉̰͎̱̜ͫ̂́͗̐̑́w̢̬̪͈̲̽̋́̈̓ͨ̄͐̿̓ͧ̇ͩ̏ͫ̑̎͟͡ḩ̡͍̫̣̹̬̙̭͊ͯͯ̉͡y̔ͥ̏͛̀̂̎̆ͥͮ̐̍̈̏͆̓̅̒҉̢̘͚͎̠̻̣̯̥̠̙̤̪̮̝̲̜̪́̕̕ͅw̸̗̻̱ͭͣͦͤ̇̑̅͗ͨͬ͋̉͊ͨ͂͜hͩͪ̋ͣ̇̔͂ͧ̍̾͂͏̨̠͕̼̟͙̳̺͕̥͔̜̮̩̰̲̞̼y̴̸̵̪͕̜̪̙̦̘ͧ̽̇ͭͭͬͯ̾̈́̐̂̉͆͒ͤ̌̀̕w̺̟͙͙̭͇̟̮͉̯͈͖̩͔͊͛ͧͯ̀̿ͣͪ͂ͪ͘̕͠ͅh̷̴̷̢͉͖̺̦̣͙̓ͧ̅͋ͪ̾̓͒̌̒ͯ̇́ͯ̕y̋ͪ̓̒̈́͞͏̤̗̞̲̪͚̮̤̫̪̺̪̫̕w̸͔̺̱̼̪̮̘̟͖̭̱͓͈̜͇͚͉̙͊̈́ͦ̅̋̂ͩ̓͗́̚͡ͅĥ̶̨̟̺͕̌͆͒͑ͦͨ̉͆͜͜ý̧͓̼̘̯͉̘̺̩͇̻͈͔̖͎̜͍ͭ̌ͩ͟͝͞

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: July 10, 2011, 06:45:23 pm »

So, i'm trying to make a creature that is always, ALWAYS, trailing flames behind it.

Secretions don't seem to work for this.

Help me, please.
I find it odd that secretions don't work. That's really the only way I can think of to do what you're asking for, anyways.
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:TRAILING_FLAMES:FLAME_TEMPLATE]
[SECRETION:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:TRAILING_FLAMES:GAS:BY_CATEGORY:ALL]
Granted, secretions are periodic. So every few steps there wouldn't be any flames appearing.

You could also add a tissue layer covering its feet, or wherever the flames are trailing from, and have that tissue layer be made of flames. The Fire Men's tissue template is a good example of how to do this:
Code: [Select]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:FLAME:FLAME_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE_LAYER_OVER:BY_CATEGORY:FOOT:FLAME]
or something along those lines should work.
Note that if it's wearing footwear, that footwear will either combust or prevent it from trailing flames.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 06:49:33 pm by thatkid »
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: July 10, 2011, 07:02:12 pm »

Granted, secretions are periodic. So every few steps there wouldn't be any flames appearing.

That's the thing. I want it to have fire, all the time.

Possibly a leaking tissue that regenerates rapidly, contained under a tissue that melts instantly, would work.
w̷̦̬̹̣͕̙͖͑̓̌̓̑̄͒͋͜͝h̙̩͈̱͚̳̳̪͖̙͕̥̳ͥ̍̔͂̑̿̓̍̑ͣ͆̅̀͢y̧̼̭͎͓̟̺͉̰͎̱̜ͫ̂́͗̐̑́w̢̬̪͈̲̽̋́̈̓ͨ̄͐̿̓ͧ̇ͩ̏ͫ̑̎͟͡ḩ̡͍̫̣̹̬̙̭͊ͯͯ̉͡y̔ͥ̏͛̀̂̎̆ͥͮ̐̍̈̏͆̓̅̒҉̢̘͚͎̠̻̣̯̥̠̙̤̪̮̝̲̜̪́̕̕ͅw̸̗̻̱ͭͣͦͤ̇̑̅͗ͨͬ͋̉͊ͨ͂͜hͩͪ̋ͣ̇̔͂ͧ̍̾͂͏̨̠͕̼̟͙̳̺͕̥͔̜̮̩̰̲̞̼y̴̸̵̪͕̜̪̙̦̘ͧ̽̇ͭͭͬͯ̾̈́̐̂̉͆͒ͤ̌̀̕w̺̟͙͙̭͇̟̮͉̯͈͖̩͔͊͛ͧͯ̀̿ͣͪ͂ͪ͘̕͠ͅh̷̴̷̢͉͖̺̦̣͙̓ͧ̅͋ͪ̾̓͒̌̒ͯ̇́ͯ̕y̋ͪ̓̒̈́͞͏̤̗̞̲̪͚̮̤̫̪̺̪̫̕w̸͔̺̱̼̪̮̘̟͖̭̱͓͈̜͇͚͉̙͊̈́ͦ̅̋̂ͩ̓͗́̚͡ͅĥ̶̨̟̺͕̌͆͒͑ͦͨ̉͆͜͜ý̧͓̼̘̯͉̘̺̩͇̻͈͔̖͎̜͍ͭ̌ͩ͟͝͞

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: July 10, 2011, 07:04:12 pm »

Possibly a leaking tissue that regenerates rapidly, contained under a tissue that melts instantly, would work.
You could always have a tissue similar to "fur" or "hair" that's made of fire. I believe that would achieve the same effect, and without the risk of having them bleed out due to their own leaking tissues.

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: July 10, 2011, 07:10:40 pm »

You could always have a tissue similar to "fur" or "hair" that's made of fire. I believe that would achieve the same effect, and without the risk of having them bleed out due to their own leaking tissues.

The fire man is made of FIRE_TEMPLATE, yet he doesn't leak a wall of fire.

Testing my idea now.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: July 10, 2011, 07:14:15 pm »

Testing my idea now.
Ah, I thought you wanted them to leave a trail of fire by actually causing things to burst into flames as they passed.
If you want him to just leave a trail of fire, then leaking flames is probably the way to go yeah.

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: July 10, 2011, 07:27:06 pm »

Testing my idea now.
Ah, I thought you wanted them to leave a trail of fire by actually causing things to burst into flames as they passed.
If you want him to just leave a trail of fire, then leaking flames is probably the way to go yeah.

Sadly, my version doesn't seem to work.

It 'melts' for a while, the 'melty' tissue boils, and no flame leaks.

Must be doing something wrong.

[CREATURE:FLAME_TRAILER]
[DESCRIPTION:A man-shaped creature made of iron and fire.]
[NAME:flame trailer:flame trailers:flame trailer]
[CASTE_NAME:flame trailer:flame trailers:flame trailer]
[CREATURE_TILE:'M'][COLOR:0:0:0]
[LIKES_FIGHTING]
[LARGE_ROAMING]
[BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_CHASM]
[UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:3]
[FREQUENCY:1][DIFFICULTY:2]
[POPULATION_NUMBER:15:30]
[NOPAIN][EXTRAVISION][NOBREATHE][NOSTUN][NONAUSEA][NOEMOTION]
[NOTHOUGHT][NOEXERT]
[NO_DIZZINESS]
[NO_FEVERS]
[BUILDINGDESTROYER:2]
[LARGE_PREDATOR]
[NO_DRINK][NO_EAT][NO_SLEEP]
[CANNOT_UNDEAD]
[CANOPENDOORS]
[NOT_BUTCHERABLE]
[NOFEAR]
[PREFSTRING:stern appearance]
[NOBONES]
[BODY:HUMANOID_SIMPLE]
[NO_THOUGHT_CENTER_FOR_MOVEMENT]
        [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:FLAME:FLAME_TEMPLATE]
        [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:MELT:SKIN_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE:IRON]
[TISSUE_NAME:iron:NP]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:IRON]
[MUSCULAR]
[FUNCTIONAL]
[STRUCTURAL]
[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]
[CONNECTS]
[TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]
[TISSUE:FLAME]
[TISSUE_NAME:fire:NP]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:FLAME]
[TISSUE_MAT_STATE:GAS]
[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:50]
[TISSUE_LEAKS]
                [TL_HEALING_RATE:1]
        [TISSUE:MELT]
[TISSUE_NAME:limits:NP]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:MELT]
[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:IRON]
[TISSUE_LAYER_OVER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:FLAME]
[TISSUE_LAYER_OVER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:MELT]
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:70000]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:HEIGHT:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:BROADNESS:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[ATTACK:PUNCH:BODYPART:BY_TYPE:GRASP]
[ATTACK_SKILL:GRASP_STRIKE]
[ATTACK_VERB:punch:punches]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_FLAG_WITH]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]
[ATTACK:KICK:BODYPART:BY_TYPE:STANCE]
[ATTACK_SKILL:STANCE_STRIKE]
[ATTACK_VERB:kick:kicks]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_FLAG_WITH]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:SECOND]
[ITEMCORPSE:STATUE:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:IRON]
[ITEMCORPSE_QUALITY:5]
[ALL_ACTIVE]
[SWIMS_LEARNED][SWIM_SPEED:2500]
        [SELECT_MATERIAL:MELT]
         [BOILING_POINT:1]

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3247 on: July 10, 2011, 07:34:15 pm »

I'm not sure why you need the melting stuff.

But, I think the issue is that the fire is a gas which means it eventually dissipates and if there isn't anything around for it to burn then nothing comes of it leaking. Try making a superheated napalm-style liquid, that should stick around for a while.

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: July 10, 2011, 07:40:10 pm »

But, I think the issue is that the fire is a gas which means it eventually dissipates and if there isn't anything around for it to burn then nothing comes of it leaking. Try making a superheated napalm-style liquid, that should stick around for a while.

nnno...

That creature was ripped from the Iron Man, a creature who has a gas that leaks when it's damaged.

The problem is that nothing leaks out of this guy. The melting stuff is there because leaking surface tissues don't work.

Also, the flame template is just another, very hot, material, not actual fire. Check the raws.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3249 on: July 10, 2011, 07:48:46 pm »

nnno...

That creature was ripped from the Iron Man, a creature who has a gas that leaks when it's damaged.

The problem is that nothing leaks out of this guy. The melting stuff is there because leaking surface tissues don't work.

Also, the flame template is just another, very hot, material, not actual fire. Check the raws.
I know what the flame template consists of.
All gases eventually disappear once they leave the creature's body, including the Iron Man's gas.
Try using a liquid that's as hot as the Flame Template's gas, and it should not only leak but remain around long enough to create a visible and continuous trail. It should also work with just the secretion tag.

[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:FLAME:FLAME_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_COLOR:LIQUID:RED]

[STATE_NAME:LIQUID:flames]

[STATE_ADJ:LIQUID:flames]
[SECRETION:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:FLAME:LIQUID:BY_CATEGORY:ALL]
It's not perfect, but it will actually cause the desired effect of a burning trail wherever they go.
The only other way to get what you're going for is to have a superheated covering on their feet or something, and then have them walk through grass or something else that can easily be lit on fire.

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3250 on: July 11, 2011, 01:30:17 am »

Hello I just started modding today and I was modding some humaniod creatures like a capybara humaniod to be a pet so I added from some of the tiger man tags and now one of them has the crossbow skill that was novice. So I need to know what I need to add to make it work in a workshop.
I heard you cannot make slavery work without use of external applications to memory hack your game...

Goddifist

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3251 on: July 11, 2011, 04:07:11 am »

i have a question
how do you get civilization mod to work for Lazy Newb Pack
becuase i don't half the things civilization mod has to offer so what do i need to change or delete to make the mod work

Lexx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3252 on: July 11, 2011, 04:32:46 am »

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction for making hammers and maces out of bone? I know its a terrible material compared to metal. But it would be useful to have on those maps with no metal starting out.

Lurking Grue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3253 on: July 11, 2011, 09:17:49 am »

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction for making hammers and maces out of bone? I know its a terrible material compared to metal. But it would be useful to have on those maps with no metal starting out.

I made these just a little while ago they work but for some reason they use a whole stack of bones to make 1 weapon.

[REACTION:CARVE_BONE_HAMMER]
   [NAME:carve a bone hammer]
   [BUILDING:CRAFTSMAN:CUSTOM_SHIFT_H]
   [REAGENT:A:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][USE_BODY_COMPONENT][ANY_BONE_MATERIAL]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:ITEM_WEAPON_HAMMER_WAR:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
   [SKILL:BONECARVE]

[REACTION:CARVE_BONE_MACE]
   [NAME:carve a bone mace]
   [BUILDING:CRAFTSMAN:CUSTOM_SHIFT_M]
   [REAGENT:A:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][USE_BODY_COMPONENT][ANY_BONE_MATERIAL]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_MACE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
   [SKILL:BONECARVE]

a better deal might be

[REACTION:CRAFT_STONE_HAMMER]
   [NAME:craft a stone-headed hammer]
   [BUILDING:CRAFTSMAN:CUSTOM_SHIFT_H]
   [REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NONE:NONE:NONE][WORTHLESS_STONE_ONLY]
   [REAGENT:B:1:WOOD:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_HAMMER_WAR:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
   [SKILL:STONECRAFT]

[REACTION:CRAFT_STONE_MACE]
   [NAME:craft a stone-headed mace]
   [BUILDING:CRAFTSMAN:CUSTOM_SHIFT_M]
   [REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NONE:NONE:NONE][WORTHLESS_STONE_ONLY]
   [REAGENT:B:1:WOOD:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_MACE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
   [SKILL:STONECRAFT]
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 09:20:20 am by Lurking Grue »

Lexx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3254 on: July 11, 2011, 09:34:14 am »

Would it be okay if I tried them out and used it for a mod I'm making? You'd be given due credit of course. I can PM you more details on it if you'd be interested helping. It mainly started with me modifying a few creatures, then an entity or two to make lizardmen and orcs. Now I want to add more but I'm what I'd call a dabbling coder at best.
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 357