Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 420249 times)

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #3015 on: June 05, 2011, 12:54:49 pm »

@jaxy15: You need to mod a simple reaction which takes a reagent of one boulder of your stone type, e.g:

[REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NODE:INORGANIC:FACE_STONE]

Reagent and product have actually nothing to do with each other, you can turn anything into anything else, as long as tags exists.
"Real" bodyparts are difficult. The best bet is to fake it, with named materials you create, and select or create a "dummy" object to carry this material.

Here's a great lists of reaction products, by Shaostul

You can make a fake eye material, and create small or large gems out of it, e.g:

[PRODUCT:100:2:SMALLGEM:NONE:INORGANIC:EYE_GEM]

OR

[PRODUCT:100:2:GEM:NONE:INORGANIC:EYE_GEM]

You'd have to muck with the naming of the EYE_GEM material to get it appearing how you want. With the right tags it can be edible too, I think. Though, I haven't tried to do that with gems.

Another way to do it would be to create a dummy toy with the name "eye", and use the FACE_STONE material, to create "face stone eye" as the name in-game.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 01:01:05 pm by Reelyanoob »

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: June 05, 2011, 12:58:45 pm »

@jaxy15: You need to mod a simple reaction which takes a reagent of one boulder of your stone type, e.g:

[REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NODE:INORGANIC:FACE_STONE]

Reagent and product have actually nothing to do with each other, you can turn anything into anything else, as long as tags exists.
"Real" bodyparts are difficult. The best bet is to fake it, with named materials you create, and select or create a "dummy" object to carry this material.

Here's a great lists of reaction products, by Shaostul

You can make a fake eye material, and create small or large gems out of it, e.g:

[PRODUCT:100:2:SMALLGEM:NONE:INORGANIC:EYE_GEM]

OR

[PRODUCT:100:2:GEM:NONE:INORGANIC:EYE_GEM]

You'd have to muck with the naming of the EYE_GEM material to get it appearing how you want. With the right tags it can be edible too, I think. Though, I haven't tried to do that with gems.
Would it be possible to make the eyegems edible?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: June 05, 2011, 01:12:46 pm »

[EDIBLE_VERMIN]
      [EDIBLE_RAW]
      [EDIBLE_COOKED]

These are from the main material from Plump Helmets plant. Material tags work on all materials, add these to an "eye gem" material, and they should be edible. Like I said, haven't tested this with "gems" item type, but should work.

You can always make the object something else (item-wise) if the gem doesn't act the way you want, e.g (instead of SMALLGEM:NONE):

CHEESE:NONE
MEAT:NONE
PLANT:NONE
GLOB:NONE

any one of these should give you something edible, along with the EDIBLE tags I showed you. that's just assuming edible gems doesn't work (I think gems will work). Note, these are only "item types" and can be made of any material in the game, e.g you could easily make horse hair cheese or obsidian meat with custom reactions. If you try and make solid items out of a liquid material, then it starts to get weird. e.g try picking up a bucket made of beer.

GLOB would be a good choice, maybe better than gem. At least with stockpiling

EDIT: I just had an awesome idea for you to try and mod - make it output seeds instead, e.g:

[PRODUCT:100:2:SEEDS:NONE:PLANT_MAT:EYE_PLANT:SEED] (I'm 99% sure this is correct)

you'd just have to copy an existing plant, and rename it EYE_PLANT for this to work, then muck around with the naming. You'd be able to grow eye plants from the mined FACE_STONE with this. Hell, you've got FACE_STONE's with minable eyes, might as well go 110%
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 01:27:13 pm by Reelyanoob »

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #3018 on: June 05, 2011, 03:38:03 pm »

Hey modders!
Try giving this to all your humanoid intelligent creatures:
   --sounds.. loudness/distance (squares), commonnness (1000 for alarm, 10k peaceful).
   [SOUND:ALERT:50:1200:VOCALIZATION:shout:shouts:a warcry]
   [SOUND:PEACEFUL_INTERMITTENT:40:20000:VOCALIZATION:shout:shouts:a shout] --very rare but long-distance
   [SOUND:PEACEFUL_INTERMITTENT:20:17000:VOCALIZATION:sneeze:sneezes:a sneeze]
   [SOUND:PEACEFUL_INTERMITTENT:7:2500:VOCALIZATION:burp:burps:a manly burp]
   [SOUND:PEACEFUL_INTERMITTENT:7:5000:VOCALIZATION:spit:spits:somebody spitting]
   [SOUND:PEACEFUL_INTERMITTENT:15:3500:VOCALIZATION:talk:talks:conversation]
   [SOUND:PEACEFUL_INTERMITTENT:13:20000:VOCALIZATION:pray:prays:a prayer]
   [SOUND:PEACEFUL_INTERMITTENT:4:9000:VOCALIZATION:sigh:sighs:a sigh] --shortest distance/loudness
   [SOUND:PEACEFUL_INTERMITTENT:16:2000:VOCALIZATION:swear:swears:somebody swearing]
   [SOUND:PEACEFUL_INTERMITTENT:8:5000:VOCALIZATION:grunt:grunts:a grunt]
   [SOUND:PEACEFUL_INTERMITTENT:6:5000:VOCALIZATION:cough:coughs:a quiet cough]
(sounds show up in adventurer mode and isn't it nice when a minotaur sneezes at you)

Example:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 04:40:28 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Urk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: June 06, 2011, 11:47:22 am »

I am trying to make recycling workshop which takes all kinds of non-metal cloth and armor and produces something from them, purpose is to have something useful to do with all that stuff goblins leave behind after their visit.

There is convenient way to select leather, silk and plant fiber by adding one of these after [REAGENT...]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But how can i select items made from wool? Or is there some easier way to select all cloth/armor that is not metal?

-edit-
Oh... how can i be so stupid  :-[ *Urk smacks himself to head*

Of course it can be done by [ANY_WOOL_MATERIAL], i just didn't see that anywhere in wiki or forums - but it seems to work when i tried it.

Huh... i was wrong when i said that [ANY_WOOL_MATERIAL] exists, its does not. I figured that out when my recycling workshop had burned away almost all my metal armors  :'(

And i was just beginning to make adamantium armors  :-X

It seems i need some other way to select items made with wool.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: June 06, 2011, 12:38:19 pm »

You want ANY_YARN_MATERIAL, I'd say.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Urk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: June 06, 2011, 01:28:07 pm »

You want ANY_YARN_MATERIAL, I'd say.

That was it. Thanks!

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: June 06, 2011, 04:48:35 pm »

Wow, if I had known this thread was here I wouldn't have had to make the threads that I've made so far. Cool...

I understand that I can use the [BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:etc.etc.] tag to add some sort of variety to the appearance of a creature. However, that's really all I understand about it, the wiki doesn't have much information on it, and I can't find any guides anywhere. I'd like to make it so that the hue of a dragon's scale can vary based on its parentage and the luck of the draw and all that, and it looks like I need this tag to do that. Can anyone provide a link to a guide for this token, or if one doesn't exist, be so kind as to help me by providing an explanation for how it works?
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Lost_Deep

• Bay Watcher
  • Do deep things think the sun is a large lemon?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: June 06, 2011, 07:15:35 pm »

Actually, look at the raws it is used in.

Like, from goblins:

[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SKIN]
This selects what the descriptor is about.

[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:ASH_GRAY:1:DARK_GREEN:1:DARK_OLIVE:1:EMERALD:1:FERN_GREEN:1:GRAY:1:GREEN:1:JADE:1:LIME:1:MINT_GREEN:1:M
OSS_GREEN:1:OLIVE:1:PINE_GREEN:1:SEA_GREEN:1:SLATE_GRAY:1:SPRING_GREEN:1]
These are the descriptors. I believe the 1s are the chance of a color, while the colors (DARK_GREEN etc.) refer to colors from the colors.txt file. Just use a similar method for however many colors you want.

[TLCM_NOUN:skin:SINGULAR]
And this is what the game will call it. In case you want to change that.

I don't really understand the number descriptors yet.
...being rational is not only optional, but is frowned upon.  We hate elves.  We kill for socks.  We sacrifice nobles.  We love kobolds.
...but what does [LAYER_LINKED] actually do?

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: June 06, 2011, 07:17:16 pm »

Ooh, alright.
I was planning on using the same token which decides the shape of a dwarf's eyes. It didn't occur to me that there was a specific token for color.
Thanks a bunch :D
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: June 06, 2011, 07:19:18 pm »

I understand that I can use the [BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:etc.etc.] tag to add some sort of variety to the appearance of a creature. However, that's really all I understand about it, the wiki doesn't have much information on it, and I can't find any guides anywhere. I'd like to make it so that the hue of a dragon's scale can vary based on its parentage and the luck of the draw and all that, and it looks like I need this tag to do that. Can anyone provide a link to a guide for this token, or if one doesn't exist, be so kind as to help me by providing an explanation for how it works?
Check out the various creatures of Genesis mod, there's lots of examples. I don't think critter colors can be inherited.

In [TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BROWN:1:BURNT_UMBER:1:CINNAMON:1:COPPER:1:DARK_BROWN:1:DARK_PEACH:1:RAW_UMBER:1:SEPIA:1:TAN:1:TAUPE_PALE:1:TAUPE_SANDY:1]
I guess the "1" numbers are probability distribution.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 07:21:26 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image

steampunkfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: June 06, 2011, 07:33:21 pm »

I am very new to modding, although I more or less understand the system. I am attempting to make a playable race of foxes made of brass. I have messed with the tissues but I am just too confused to figure it out myself. All I want to do is make them out of brass. Any help would be really appreciated. I will keep reading through the posts to see if maybe someone else has already given the answer though.
what do you mean starting with 7 miners is crazy, if i dig everything in the first season then they can retire sooner

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: June 06, 2011, 08:07:44 pm »

Brass fox? Here's what tissue bronzecolossus uses, replaced with brass for your convenience.
   -- for fox: [BODY:QUADRUPED:TAIL:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:4TOES_FQ:4TOES_RQ:MOUTH:GENERIC_TEETH_WITH_LARGE_EYE_TEETH:RIBCAGE]
   [BODYGLOSS:SOULGEM] --rename brain to soul gem
   [NO_THOUGHT_CENTER_FOR_MOVEMENT]
   [TISSUE:BRASS] --define a new tissue with confusing name
      [TISSUE_NAME:brass:brass] --name for user's eyes
      [TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:BRASS] --use material called BRASS
      [MUSCULAR]
      [FUNCTIONAL]
      [STRUCTURAL]
      [RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]
      [CONNECTS]
      [TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]
   [TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:BRASS] use new tissue BRASS
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 08:10:25 pm by TomiTapio »

steampunkfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: June 06, 2011, 08:14:17 pm »

can anyone direct me to a guide on making custom creatures? im having trouble making my fox out of brass, i feel like if i could start from scratch i could make it right.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 09:11:06 pm by steampunkfox »
what do you mean starting with 7 miners is crazy, if i dig everything in the first season then they can retire sooner

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: June 06, 2011, 09:26:21 pm »

the wiki has the basic creature creation under mode by i can help if you post the raws and the errorlog so we can see whats wrong
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 357