Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 420231 times)

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #3000 on: June 04, 2011, 04:03:07 pm »

Deleting kobolds' [BONECARN] tag will be sufficient to keep them from dying in worldgen, correct?
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: June 04, 2011, 04:04:43 pm »

no the need one of the farming tags to surive bonecarn might just make them surive longer
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: June 04, 2011, 04:36:22 pm »

Say I have a 1x3 creature graphics set. What would I do if I wanted to assign civilian professions to 1, military to 2, and noble to 3?
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Kweri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: June 04, 2011, 08:09:25 pm »

Say I have a 1x3 creature graphics set. What would I do if I wanted to assign civilian professions to 1, military to 2, and noble to 3?
I put in dummyvalues for the name of the file, the tile_page name, file location, assumed 16x16 dimension for a tile, assuming 1 wide, 3 tall, otherwise flip some numbers around -
Code: [Select]
graphics_gax

[OBJECT:GRAPHICS]

[TILE_PAGE:GAX_CUSTOM]
[FILE:gax/gaxcustom.png]
[TILE_DIM:16:16]
[PAGE_DIM:1:3] - Change to 3:1 horizontal, not vertical

[CREATURE_GRAPHICS:CUSTOMCREATURENAME]
[DEFAULT:GAX_CUSTOM:0:0:AS_IS:DEFAULT] - If it doesn't know what to do, use this (top spot)

[MILITARY_1:GAX_CUSTOM:0:1:AS_IS:DEFAULT] - "0:1" to "1:0" if it's horizontal, not vertical
[MILITARY_2:GAX_CUSTOM:0:1:AS_IS:DEFAULT] - Replace MILITARY_1 etc with the names of the professions you want - for example, MACEMAN, AXEMAN, etc
[MILITARY_N:GAX_CUSTOM:0:1:AS_IS:DEFAULT]

[NOBLE_1:GAX_CUSTOM:0:2:AS_IS:DEFAULT] - "0:2" to "2:0" if horizontal, not vertical
[NOBLE_2:GAX_CUSTOM:0:2:AS_IS:DEFAULT] - Replace NOBLE_1 etc with the names of the professions you want - for example, BARON, DUKE, etc
[NOBLE_N:GAX_CUSTOM:0:2:AS_IS:DEFAULT]

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: June 04, 2011, 08:27:25 pm »

Deleting kobolds' [BONECARN] tag will be sufficient to keep them from dying in worldgen, correct?

Just give 'em NO_EAT and NO_DRINK. Not like they will eat things in game if they lack the tags anyway.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: June 04, 2011, 08:37:03 pm »

Thank you so much! I can now officially release my race soon.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: June 05, 2011, 02:51:36 am »

We goddamn NEED a catapult that uses Booze Barrels as ammo and sets them on fire when there thrown.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8
So I'm a Depressing Jesus Wizard being stalked by Satan Lights, and my home's wiring is going bad?
Goddammit.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: June 05, 2011, 05:41:15 am »

What tags make my creature believe cannibalism and butchering sentients are OK?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Wavecutter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: June 05, 2011, 07:14:02 am »

This may sound a little pedestrian or may have been answered already in 201 pages of this thread. 201 pages is quite a lot of reading for something that is quite probably trivial.

So I'd like to add obsidian spears to the game. So I suppose I'd need an entry for it and modify an existing workshop, right?
We farm and kill mermaid children. Its too late to worry about political correctness.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: June 05, 2011, 08:38:04 am »

Good news!  You don't!  Obsidian short swords are handled in an entirely different way than custom reactions.

All you need to do is add [CAN_STONE] to the entry for spears and that should do it.

I hear the entity tags for your race are what you want there.  I hear changing the ethic tag for eating sapients to acceptable will do that.  I havent tested that myself though.     Also, it will have the side effect of causing the civs to go to war more often with humans and dwarves. (and less often with goblins and elves, though goblins will still usually default to aggressive in fort mode)  as your races ethics are more opposed to the humans and dwarves than they were before the change.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Urk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: June 05, 2011, 09:39:09 am »

I am trying to make recycling workshop which takes all kinds of non-metal cloth and armor and produces something from them, purpose is to have something useful to do with all that stuff goblins leave behind after their visit.

There is convenient way to select leather, silk and plant fiber by adding one of these after [REAGENT...]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But how can i select items made from wool? Or is there some easier way to select all cloth/armor that is not metal?

-edit-
Oh... how can i be so stupid  :-[ *Urk smacks himself to head*

Of course it can be done by [ANY_WOOL_MATERIAL], i just didn't see that anywhere in wiki or forums - but it seems to work when i tried it. does not work
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 11:48:42 am by Urk »

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: June 05, 2011, 10:26:07 am »

I hear the entity tags for your race are what you want there.  I hear changing the ethic tag for eating sapients to acceptable will do that.  I havent tested that myself though.     Also, it will have the side effect of causing the civs to go to war more often with humans and dwarves. (and less often with goblins and elves, though goblins will still usually default to aggressive in fort mode)  as your races ethics are more opposed to the humans and dwarves than they were before the change.
I can't find the entity tags anywhere...
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: June 05, 2011, 10:29:48 am »

I can't find the entity tags anywhere...

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Entity_tokens

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Ethics

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: June 05, 2011, 11:10:57 am »

Just throwing this out here because it surprised me quite a bit and some folks might not know it works.

Good news for leather modders.  Just like all the other kinds of armor, if a variety of leather exists that is better than others, your military will automagically be smart enough to pick the better leather over all others if possible.

I had my crossbow squad surprise me by being smart enough to outfit themselves in modded basilisk scale armor after I managed to get quite a bit of it.  Despite being told to wear any leather armor they all ditched their dog leather crap and grabbed basilisk scale.

I figured they were only smart enough to do that with metal, since all vanilla leather is identical.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: June 05, 2011, 11:49:37 am »

Yo.
So I made a new stone, it's called face stone because it looks like a face.
Is there a way to make a reaction which extracts a pair of eyes from the stone?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 357