Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 420496 times)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #2760 on: May 06, 2011, 01:22:12 am »

Ah, I forgot to mention that, but putting that in made it say that A wasn't a viable matgloss type or something similar. I'd just assumed it was because there was only one reagent, and as such it didn't need me to clarify.

Could the reagent line be causing issues? I basically took the line word for word from wanderer's friend though, and it works fine. Hmm.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: May 06, 2011, 01:29:52 am »

Ah, I forgot to mention that, but putting that in made it say that A wasn't a viable matgloss type or something similar. I'd just assumed it was because there was only one reagent, and as such it didn't need me to clarify.

Could the reagent line be causing issues? I basically took the line word for word from wanderer's friend though, and it works fine. Hmm.

It's also missing a building that the reaction can take place in.  This is kind of a big deal.

Give me a moment to play with it and see if I can pinpoint any other problems.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #2762 on: May 06, 2011, 01:32:54 am »

Oh wow, dunno how I missed that. Taken care of. I swear I've done reactions before. :P

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: May 06, 2011, 01:40:30 am »

Oh wow, dunno how I missed that. Taken care of. I swear I've done reactions before. :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This worked fine.  I used ALCHEMY_LAB_LFR because I just wanted a custom building that I knew would work.  Replace it with the name of the building you want.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #2764 on: May 06, 2011, 01:47:07 am »

... Huh.

Well thank you, and I apologize for making you doublecheck it for me. :-\ Coulda sworn that didn't work, but here we are. :P

kendo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: May 06, 2011, 05:02:25 am »

I've been altering a mod to suit myself and I've changed some of the sieging races progress population triggers from 1 or 2 to  4 and 5, since I felt it was unrealistic having 2 armies sieging me when I only have a hovel with 20 dwarfs in.

But since I changed it (regenned a new world ofc with the changes) I've had 1 siege in 4 years

according to the wiki the progress trigger changes that I made should mean they show up 100+ dwarfs? It doesn't seem to be happening, all races were present when I embarked and I currently have 150 dwarfs.

Is it just random if sieges come or have my changes borked it up somehow?

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #2766 on: May 06, 2011, 06:51:35 pm »

@kendo: All I can think of is maybe it's taking longer for them to travel since they're farther away from your civ? Not sure.

I have a request too, which is can someone give me an example reaction that uses a fluid in a vial/flask as a reagent? I'm really not sure how to work that stuff yet, and an example would be very helpful.
Found one, nevermind
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 08:21:43 pm by Seriyu »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: May 06, 2011, 06:57:37 pm »

(Sorry for the slow response, new job won't let us use the computers for anything.  Silly folks being afraid of viruses getting into the network, just because we have hundreds of millions of dollars worth of financial data for numerous large corporations and shipping companies :P)

Awesome, I'll try the suggestions.  Suckers are kinda hard to find and kill though, and my first pile of scale is probably rotten by now, so it might be a bit before I can throw out a definite 'it works'.

As for the progress trigger thing I should be working, maybe progress trigger also has an effect on how often an attack happens.  Also I think if you completely decimate a siege really badly they don't show up again for a year or so to simulate rebuilding their forces.  If you really kicked their asses last time they might not show up again right away.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Selenite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: May 07, 2011, 04:59:09 pm »

Whats suppose to be in the product line for large pots? It was barrel before, because I didn't know what the tag was for large pots. Found out it was in the tools, but I don't know how it's suppose to be like. I crashed after trying to make the runite large pots. Do I need a product dimension tag?

Eldrick Tobin

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: MODDING_UNDWARFY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: May 07, 2011, 05:35:38 pm »

Whats suppose to be in the product line for large pots? It was barrel before, because I didn't know what the tag was for large pots. Found out it was in the tools, but I don't know how it's suppose to be like. I crashed after trying to make the runite large pots. Do I need a product dimension tag?

[REAGENT:A:150:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:RUNITE]  Had a typo on this line.
[PRODUCT:100:2:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_LARGE_POT:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE] Product line should look like this.
--
Eldrick Tobin
Behold the unimpressive Aspectus Lolin mod. || My Little Arachnid Fortress attempt...
I mumble to myself on tumblr... Sometimes about DF Modding.

Selenite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: May 07, 2011, 05:46:04 pm »

[REAGENT:A:150:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:RUNITE]  Had a typo on this line.
[PRODUCT:100:2:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_LARGE_POT:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE] Product line should look like this.

Ah...thanks, that helped.
Lol, I checked my raws, and I had SUBSTYPE for like 32 reactions...Fixed them though, thanks for pointing that out as well.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 05:56:22 pm by Selenite »

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: May 08, 2011, 07:34:16 am »

If you manually modify a creature's skin, does that affect the protection its leather offers?

Something like this:

Code: [Select]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SKIN:SKIN_TEMPLATE]
        [SHEAR_YIELD:800]
        [IMPACT_YIELD:800]

Would that creature, once skinned, give leather that protected better than bronze? Or does tanning an item "reset" it to the basic leather template, which is not modifiable?
Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical
Over 220 new creatures, new civs, new industries, and a fully customized tileset!

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: May 08, 2011, 09:43:08 am »

You have to, and can, modify the leather material.
[SELECT_MATERIAL:LEATHER]
        [SHEAR_YIELD:800]
        [IMPACT_YIELD:800]
would be the code for your example. If you want the skin to have the same properties, you can use
[SELECT_MATERIAL:SKIN]
[PLUS_MATERIAL:LEATHER]
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: May 10, 2011, 01:57:02 am »

Works great. Thanks! Now rabbit and cat leather are flimsy while elephant leather will actually turn a blade once in a while.
Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical
Over 220 new creatures, new civs, new industries, and a fully customized tileset!

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: May 10, 2011, 04:44:32 am »

Help, my dragon civilization is not appearing.

Entity raw:

Dragon creature RAW :
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 357