Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 420533 times)

wedrifid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #2715 on: April 23, 2011, 02:16:03 am »

If I told you there was a race of people who lived exclusively in the desert, would you think they were elves? Or humans?
I'd think we had moved to Battle for Wesnoth. (The mod created post-apocalyptic desert elves actually went on to become part of Wesnoth cannon!)

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: April 23, 2011, 08:14:21 pm »

Is there a way of giving anvils to other races without allowing them to be imported to the player's fortress? I'm working on a metal tech tree and the only way to do that is to remove anvils from the player's fortress. I think making everything reaction-only would cause invaders to turn up unarmed and unarmoured.

Perhaps I could make the only anvil material one that evaporates as soon as it appears on the map, which is somewhat inelegant but worldgen won't notice.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: April 23, 2011, 09:06:51 pm »

The invading civs in Fortress Defense use cheat reactions to get the copper, iron, and bronze they equip to attack the player. They do not have access to metalcrafting jobs, if I recall correctly. So, cheat reactions should work in lieu of anvils.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

ticattack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: April 23, 2011, 11:40:57 pm »

Hi all,

I'm just starting with modding, and have been trying to get a custom building and reaction going to create wooden mechanisms. I've followed various tutorials, but the damnable things won't show up in the workshop build menu (I regenned the worlds after each change). I even copied the soap maker's workshop, changed the name to M_SOAP_MAKER and changed the shortcut key to SHIFT_Z, but to no avail - it still didn't show up in the list, and hitting the shortcut keys did nothing.

The raws I have are as follows:
Spoiler: Building (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Reaction (click to show/hide)

Under the entity_default, the following was added:
[PERMITTED_BUILDING:ENGINEER]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_WOODEN_MECHANISM]

What am I doing wrong?

Alternately, does anyone know the tag to add the wooden mechanism job to the regular mechanics workshop? As I understand it, I should be able to go "[BUILDING:<something>:CUSTOM_T]", but is that <something> MECHANIC, MECHANICS, TRAP, TRAPPARTS, TRAPWORKSHOP...?

Kweri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: April 24, 2011, 08:17:54 pm »

I'm trying to use BUTCHER_SPECIAL to get a creature to drop a specific custom item when butchered. Upon testing, however, I can't get it to pick a specific item, only a random one from the same category.

The item:
Code: [Select]
[ITEM_TOY:ITEM_TOY_INDIVIDUAL_SCALE]
[NAME:individual scale:individual scales]

The relevant part in the material definition:
[BUTCHER_SPECIAL:TOY:ITEM_TOY_INDIVIDUAL_SCALE]
When butchering, I get toy boats, individual scales, puzzleboxes - anything in the toy category. Is there a way to restrict it to only my item?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: April 25, 2011, 12:23:39 pm »

I'm trying to use BUTCHER_SPECIAL to get a creature to drop a specific custom item when butchered. Upon testing, however, I can't get it to pick a specific item, only a random one from the same category.

The item:
[ITEM_TOY:ITEM_TOY_INDIVIDUAL_SCALE]
[NAME:individual scale:individual scales]

The relevant part in the material definition:
[BUTCHER_SPECIAL:TOY:ITEM_TOY_INDIVIDUAL_SCALE]
When butchering, I get toy boats, individual scales, puzzleboxes - anything in the toy category. Is there a way to restrict it to only my item?

That should already work. Since you are getting individual scales among the butchery items, it sounds like you have a typo in the butcher_special tag, but I'll try a test for myself.

Ed: Eyep, looks like you found a bug there. I'll do a bit more testing.

Hi all,

I'm just starting with modding, and have been trying to get a custom building and reaction going to create wooden mechanisms. I've followed various tutorials, but the damnable things won't show up in the workshop build menu (I regenned the worlds after each change). I even copied the soap maker's workshop, changed the name to M_SOAP_MAKER and changed the shortcut key to SHIFT_Z, but to no avail - it still didn't show up in the list, and hitting the shortcut keys did nothing.

The raws I have are as follows:
Spoiler: Building (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Reaction (click to show/hide)

Under the entity_default, the following was added:
[PERMITTED_BUILDING:ENGINEER]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_WOODEN_MECHANISM]

What am I doing wrong?

Alternately, does anyone know the tag to add the wooden mechanism job to the regular mechanics workshop? As I understand it, I should be able to go "[BUILDING:<something>:CUSTOM_T]", but is that <something> MECHANIC, MECHANICS, TRAP, TRAPPARTS, TRAPWORKSHOP...?

Dwarf Fortress only looks into files with file names that start correctly - building_* for buildings, and reaction_* for reactions. So, I guess you want building_mf and reaction_mf.

The standard buildings that can get custom reactions are limited to those that already get reactions in vanilla. That number has increased in recent releases, but the mechanics workshop isn't among them.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 12:40:17 pm by Knight Otu »
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: April 25, 2011, 02:24:19 pm »

The invading civs in Fortress Defense use cheat reactions to get the copper, iron, and bronze they equip to attack the player. They do not have access to metalcrafting jobs, if I recall correctly. So, cheat reactions should work in lieu of anvils.
I removed [ITEMS_ANVIL] from both iron and steel, and on embark the only metal goods available were:

Bars (bronze, tin, fine pewter, trifle pewter, lay pewter, lead, nickel silver, billon, bismuth bronze)
Bolts (silver, bronze, steel, bismuth bronze)
Caps (bronze, bismuth bronze)
Tools (tin, lay pewter, lead, nickel silver)
Trade goods (tin, lay pewter, lead, nickel silver)

By metal:
Bronze, bismuth bronze: bolts, bars, caps
Tin, lay pewter, lead: bars, trade goods, tools, cages, flasks
Fine pewter, trifle pewter, billon: bars
Nickel silver: bars, trade goods, tools, flasks
Silver, steel: bolts

So, no anvils means a superficially random assortment of metal goods. I was hoping that the game would recognise the other anvil metal for the purpose of this experiment, but apparently not.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: April 26, 2011, 04:00:52 am »

[CREATURE:MASTIFF_FERAL_BONE]
[DESCRIPTION:Picked clean of all fleshy tissue by buzzards, maggots, or a combination of both, the skeletal hulk of a mastiff rises tall before you. Its feral canine body is unnaturally elongated and twisted into exaggerated knots, likely by the same force that animates it beyond Eylhaar's embrace. A sickly green light glistens within its empty eyesockets, a sign of its foul pact with some Necromantic entity.]
[NAME:feral bone mastiff:feral bone mastiffs:feral bone mastiff]
[CASTE_NAME:feral bone mastiff:feral bone mastiffs:feral bone mastiff]
[CREATURE_TILE:'D'][COLOR:7:0:1]
[LIKES_FIGHTING]
[LARGE_ROAMING]
[FREQUENCY:100]
[BUILDINGDESTROYER:2][BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_CHASM][BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_LAVA]
[UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:5:5]
[POPULATION_NUMBER:1:10]
[NOPAIN][EXTRAVISION][NOBREATHE][NOSTUN][NONAUSEA][NOEMOTION][NOEXERT][NOFEAR]
[NO_DIZZINESS]
[NO_FEVERS]
[BUILDINGDESTROYER:2]
[LARGE_PREDATOR]
[NO_DRINK][NO_EAT][NO_SLEEP]
[CANNOT_UNDEAD]
[CANOPENDOORS]
[NOT_BUTCHERABLE]
[NOFEAR]
[PREFSTRING:nightmarish might]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:TOOTH:TOOTH_TEMPLATE]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:TOOTH:TOOTH_TEMPLATE]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:BONE:BONE_TEMPLATE]
[BODY:QUADRUPED:RIBCAGE_EXTERNAL:SPINE:SKULL:4TOES:MOUTH:TEETH]
[TISSUE:BONE]
[TISSUE_NAME:bone:NP]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:BONE]
[MUSCULAR]
[FUNCTIONAL]
[STRUCTURAL]
[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]
[CONNECTS]
[TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:BONE]
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:40000]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:HEIGHT:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:BROADNESS:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[ATTACK:SCRATCH:CHILD_TISSUE_LAYER_GROUP:BY_TYPE:STANCE:BY_CATEGORY:TOE]
[ATTACK_SKILL:GRASP_STRIKE]
[ATTACK_VERB:claw:claws]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]
[ATTACK:KICK:BODYPART:BY_TYPE:STANCE]
[ATTACK_SKILL:STANCE_STRIKE]
[ATTACK_VERB:kick:kicks]
[ATTACK_FLAG_WITH]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:SECOND]
[ATTACK:BITE:CHILD_BODYPART_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:BY_CATEGORY:TOOTH]
[ATTACK_SKILL:BITE]
[ATTACK_VERB:bite:bites]
[ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]
[ATTACK_FLAG_CANLATCH]
[ALL_ACTIVE]
[SWIMS_LEARNED][SWIM_SPEED:2500]

Gives me the following error:

*** Error(s) finalizing the creature MASTIFF_FERAL_BONE
MASTIFF_FERAL_BONE:BONE:Unrecognized Material Token:
MASTIFF_FERAL_BONE:Creature Tissue Material Failure: BONE:(no mat1):(no mat3):(no mat3)

And the poor dog just lies on the floor, vision and ability to stand lost. A similar creation using humanoid_simple as its body type gets around just fine, though it spits out the same errors.

Any ideas? I know this creature is kind of crummy. I just want to make a skeletal dog basically.
Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical
Over 220 new creatures, new civs, new industries, and a fully customized tileset!

BlueMagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Blue admires magical items for their shininess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: April 26, 2011, 04:34:31 am »

Did you put the bone templete in the templete file and all that jazz? Maybe the game doesn't recognize bone as something that's used raw without undead.

also I tried to make a glass cat. Haven't been able to test run it but I want you guys to look at thw source code first.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yes it does have those claws.
Blue cancels Type Coherent Post: Crying Over Fictional Characters

kwd1968

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: April 26, 2011, 04:40:41 am »

koji, change the line [TISSUE_MATERAL:BONE] to [TISSUE_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BONE]

and add a [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BONE:BONE_TEMPLATE] line up in with the tooth and bone tissue stuff like you have for the tooth material

should fix your problems
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 04:42:46 am by kwd1968 »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: April 26, 2011, 04:42:01 am »

@BlueMagic: there's a typo, 'TEMPLETE' at claw entry.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: April 26, 2011, 04:48:23 am »

koji, change the line [TISSUE_MATERAL:BONE] to [TISSUE_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BONE]

and add a [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BONE:BONE_TEMPLATE] line up in with the tooth and bone tissue stuff like you have for the tooth material

should fix your problems

That fixed everything else, but the mastiff is still blind and helpless. It's not respecting its extravision tag for some reason. Thoughts?
Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical
Over 220 new creatures, new civs, new industries, and a fully customized tileset!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: April 26, 2011, 04:49:41 am »

Try NO_THOUGHT_CENTER_FOR_MOVEMENT. Oh, and the bog-standard NOTHOUGHT.

kwd1968

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: April 26, 2011, 04:50:33 am »

you haven't given it eyes? >:P

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: April 26, 2011, 04:59:10 am »

Figured out the problem. Yeah, the ones using humanoid_simple had a thought tag on their heads. The quadruped did not. I fixed that and now it's all fine. Thanks everyone!
Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 357