Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 422123 times)

Jacos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #2460 on: March 26, 2011, 08:27:20 am »

Thanks.

Also, if I add [MALE] and [FEMALE] tags to the same caste, what will happen? Will it have sex with itself? Or will a male OR female be able to marry that caste?
Dwarven Science: We do what we must, because, we're bored.

Every few miles, [the dwarves] stop the cart.  One of the dwarfs (sic) gets off, digs a hole down below the dirt layers, licks the bedrock, and then they know exactly where they are.  It's called GPS: Geological Piquancy Sampling.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: March 26, 2011, 08:56:04 am »

The last tag entered will overwrite any others.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Jacos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: March 26, 2011, 01:19:52 pm »

I'm trying to mod in an ability for adventurers to summon a weapon, but it doesn't work. I have no idea why. It follows the same format as the wiki tells me to! When I try to do it in adventure mode, it just tells me what I practice my knapping.
Also, "Ravagers" are a type of weapons that I added to the game.

[REACTION:SUMMON_WEAPON]
   [NAME:summon weapon]
   [ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:RAVAGER:ADAMANTINE]
   [SKILL:KNAPPING]

Every few miles, [the dwarves] stop the cart.  One of the dwarfs (sic) gets off, digs a hole down below the dirt layers, licks the bedrock, and then they know exactly where they are.  It's called GPS: Geological Piquancy Sampling.

Iados

• Bay Watcher
  • Back from the Dead
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #2463 on: March 26, 2011, 01:28:58 pm »

I'm trying to mod in an ability for adventurers to summon a weapon, but it doesn't work. I have no idea why. It follows the same format as the wiki tells me to! When I try to do it in adventure mode, it just tells me what I practice my knapping.
Also, "Ravagers" are a type of weapons that I added to the game.

[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:RAVAGER:ADAMANTINE]

try with this:

Code: [Select]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[PRODUCT:100:1:WEAPON:RAVAGER:INORGANIC:ADAMANTINE]

the product tokens are:
[PRODUCT:% of success:product number:item type (WEAPON, HELM, TOY, etc):item subtype (generally weapon/armor name, NONE or NO_SUBTYPE):material type(INORGANIC, CREATURE_MAT:CREATURE, ecc):material subtype(a metal, a material from the selected creature, ecc)]

Jacos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: March 26, 2011, 01:45:51 pm »

Great, that works perfect!
Thanks.

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: March 26, 2011, 02:22:39 pm »

Trying my hand at modding in some simple aboveground plants for my games, for variety. My end goal is to add:

Wild Rice
- - Grows above ground in non-freezing wet biomes, like rope reeds etc.
- - Can be cooked
- - Can be brewed into sake
- - Can be milled into wild rice flour, which can be cooked
- - Produces "rice grains" as seeds, which can be cooked
- - Prefstring is "tasty grains"

Garlic
- - Grows above ground in non-freezing dry areas, like strawberries etc.
- - Can be cooked
- - Can be milled into Garlic Powder, which can be cooked
- - Produces "garlic cloves" as seeds, which can be cooked
- - Inedible by vermin
- - Prefstring is "pungent flavor"

(Onions, using same mechanics as garlic above?)

Potatoes
- - Grows above ground in non-freezing dry areas, like strawberries etc.
- - Can be cooked
- - Can be brewed into potato vodka
- - Produces "potato eyes" as seeds
- - Prefstring is "versatility"

Hot Peppers
- - Grows above ground in non-freezing dry areas, like strawberries etc. (If possible, I'd like it to grow only in temperate or warmer areas-- not sure if Valley Herbs use the correct coding for that)
- - Can be cooked
- - Can be milled into chili powder, which can be cooked
- - Can be processed (?) into hot sauce, which can be cooked
- - Produces hot pepper seeds
- - Inedible by vermin
- - Prefstring is "fiery spice"

Please check my codes as I upload them and let me know if I'm doing anything wrong before I add these plants into my games? Also, would I need to do anything special to enable the use of powders and extracts?

ETA: Potatoes
ETA: Hot Peppers
ETA: Garlic
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 02:23:11 pm by proxn_punkd »

Jacos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: March 26, 2011, 02:40:31 pm »

Hmm! I modded in a metal which adventurers can summon, it is supposed to boil into a cloud of syndrome bearing gas, but even when the dwarves in object testing mode are caught in a cloud of it, they don't receive the syndrome, it seems! Here is the metal..
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pickerel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: March 26, 2011, 02:59:37 pm »

Okay, so with you guys' help, I got the bags of powder working.  I still don't know why they work, but it was trial and error, and so they now work.

My next task involves bone - and no, I am not trying to make bone ^.^  I am trying to make a reaction that will prepare the bone for use, a reaction called 'calcinate bone'.
It works, but I have two problems with it.
1. It uses both bones and skulls, and I don't know how to refer to bones specifically, or to exclude skulls.  The only thing I could find pertaining to bone on the wiki was the [ANY_BONE_MATERIAL] tag, which seems to include skulls because that is what I used above.
Q1: How do I refer to bone but not to skulls?
2. Regardless of whether or not it uses skulls, the reaction currently turns 1 stack of bone into 1 bone calcinate.  Thus when it uses 16 yak bone, it gives 1 bone calcinate.  When it uses 1 vermin bone, it also gives 1 bone calcinate.
Q2: How do I make it make units of calcined bone 1:1 with the number of bones used?  So a stack of 8 bone would make 8 calcined bone powder?

Potential future question: bags only carry up to ten powders.  But if Q2's success would mean that 16 bone and results in 16 bone calcinate, only 10 will go in a specified bag, and the other 6 would be lost on the ground (and would clutter up the alchemist's lab since it can't be cleaned).  If I were to have the following (excluding possible future mods to make it work right)
Would it fill up 'bag', and then successfully put the remainder in 'bag1' or something?  And if it was 24 bone, put 10 in 'bag', 10 in 'bag1', and 4 in 'bag2'?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 03:02:23 pm by Pickerel »

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: March 26, 2011, 03:56:03 pm »

Like I've been saying, stacks and reactions are not friends.
I've never heard of multiple containers, so you could try that, but in the meantime, your bag reagent there needs the [DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT] in order to have it produce multiple products in regards to the reagent stack (if that even works at all, which I doubt)
Regardless...
Bags can store as many powders as a single stack of whatever makes.
If you created a stack of 100 dimple cups through a reaction, you could mill them into a single bag of 100 dimple dyes.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Pickerel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: March 26, 2011, 04:08:09 pm »

I am going to have to disagree: earlier while I was trying to get my 'burnt umber' to work, the reaction was producing, depending on my trial, either 150 or 3000 units of burnt umber in a single go.  Regardless of my trial, however, it only ever stored 10 of them in the bag in question, and the rest were left to clutter up the kiln.  Thus bags don't take everything from a reaction - maybe they did in the past, but now they seem to have a maximum of 10 units of a powder.

I will try to [DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT] thing and report back...

Diamond

• Bay Watcher
  • Did someone just say "elves" ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: March 26, 2011, 04:35:00 pm »

Guys, I need help.
I made two more sieging races, to make sieges more often. They are completely based on goblins, with slight differences in entity part, and completely new creatures. But what I want to do is to make them fight each other too, if they happen to attack me at the same time. Currently they are just standing next to each other, waiting for me to open gates. Are there any tags the regulate if the race will be aggressive to any other race or all of the other races ?

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: March 26, 2011, 05:08:20 pm »

How would one go about having dragons cease being magabeasts without causing the world to go up in dragonfire? Remove the magabeast tag, but how do I make them Rare enough that they don't eat everyone?

Spawnkilling dragons suck ass.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 05:10:02 pm by Karnewarrior »
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: March 26, 2011, 05:34:33 pm »

Guys, I need help.
I made two more sieging races, to make sieges more often. They are completely based on goblins, with slight differences in entity part, and completely new creatures. But what I want to do is to make them fight each other too, if they happen to attack me at the same time. Currently they are just standing next to each other, waiting for me to open gates. Are there any tags the regulate if the race will be aggressive to any other race or all of the other races ?

If you want them to have war you can give them opposite ethics but that would proably mean that the civ with the ''good'' ethics will be at peace with you :P

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: March 26, 2011, 06:09:21 pm »

Thus bags don't take everything from a reaction - maybe they did in the past, but now they seem to have a maximum of 10 units of a powder.
In the past, you couldn't even use containers in reactions at all.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Pickerel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: March 26, 2011, 07:08:24 pm »

Not in custom reactions, true.  Hardcoded ones, however, could, and the example, milling dimple cap, was one of those.  Also, my observations are still in contradiction with the claim, unless there's some special way to get a bag to accept infinite product that I was not using.

Anyway, the update: Setting the bag to not determine the product amount didn't help.  It still takes, for example, a stack of 14 bone and makes 1 unit of calcined bone, then makes a unit of similar size from one unit of bone from a tiny creature...

And it still uses skulls, so my other question still stands: how does one refer to JUST bones but not skulls?
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 357