Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 419955 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #2325 on: March 16, 2011, 09:50:33 am »

Sooo, a question again ...

Code: [Select]
[ENVIRONMENT:IGNEOUS_INTRUSIVE:VEIN:10]
will this work? I searched for INGENEOUS_INTRUSIVE in the RAWS but none of the normal minerals have them.
What will the :10 do? Will it make it happen 10 times less often than normal (:100) or will it make the veins smaller? None of the other minerals seem to have anything other than :100

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: March 16, 2011, 10:02:34 am »

What will the :10 do? Will it make it happen 10 times less often than normal (:100) or will it make the veins smaller? None of the other minerals seem to have anything other than :100
Supposedly. I however heard it does nothing
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Spectre Incarnate

• Bay Watcher
  • Possibly inside a dragon's toothy maw.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: March 16, 2011, 10:23:26 am »

I'm not sure what you mean here... the way it's set up now works out as a 1:1 male/female ratio.
Okay, so then it is an equal chance for either gender to be born? (And the coding is correct?) I was originally thinking in terms of exact percentage. Wow, that's a really low chance to get a queen and drones in an ant colony then, amongst the thousands of workers and soldiers. That would practically prevent the ability to sustain an ant colony fortress. Maybe there should be a way to enforce a particular caste to appear at least once.  :o

For a result resembling "his fur is piebald, black on white". This way you can still give each combination an appropriate colour. Of course, the downside is that you'll have to write out each and every combination you want.
Heh, that's actually my kind of fun; meticulous, unnecessary detail. Though, this will mess with specialized markings involving matching head hair. lol I think I'll let hair continue to be random, even though it's not entirely accurate, for the sake of my sanity.

Oh, but wait. Why would I do all this if I can't even test it out or use it? I keep forgetting that my DF has a weird bug concerning color. All dwarves have the same color hair, eyes, and skin. So all of them have, for instance, sandy taupe hair, amethyst eyes, and copper skin--even migrants and babies. The three colors are always different on each embark, but each category is always matching. (Some select creatures also have the same problem. Not dogs or cats though.) I've been meaning to draw that as a scene... a bunch of dwarves being weirded out about having the exact same colors.  ;D

The in-game text has punctuation!  Who knew?
Mister Adams,
How many licks does it take to get to the [candy] center of a Dwarf Fortress?

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: March 16, 2011, 11:28:40 am »

The alternative is to create one "colour" describing the pattern and then use a normal colour in addition to that (the creature has both the "PIEBALD" colour and the "BROWN" as seperate descriptors). This is messier, and doesn't give you as much control over which RGB values you get (you might get the placeholder one for the pattern instead of the actual colour), but doesn't require you to write everything out by hand.
What does the [COLOR:<whatever>] tag do exactly? Is it more of an adventure mode thing? Some colours don't have it, some have two and some have one. Do they force the game to pick a display colour instead of using the RGB values? I'm making custom colours for creatures and have been skipping the tag entirely. It doesn't seem to matter what the RGB values are anyway, if you're not telling the game to make items of that colour. Separated body parts use the colour of the stuff they're made of, and attached body parts use the tile of the creature they're attached to.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Inzaniak

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a digital banana.
    • View Profile
    • Gamer with Moustaches
« Reply #2329 on: March 16, 2011, 12:50:06 pm »

I've got a problem when i try to add toys. I made a new raw with the new toys in it and i edited the entity_default.txt adding [TOY:ITEM_TOY_NAME], but when i make rock toys in game, there are only the original toys of the game. Does anybody know how to fix this???

EDIT:
Two other questions.
1)Is this right?
plant_random

[OBJECT:PLANT]

[PLANT:ACANTHACEAE]
[NAME:Acanthaceae][NAME_PLURAL:Acanthaceaes][ADJ:Acanthaceae]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STRUCTURAL:STRUCTURAL_PLANT_TEMPLATE]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:4]
[BASIC_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:STRUCTURAL]
[EDIBLE_VERMIN]
[PICKED_TILE:13][PICKED_COLOR:1:0:1]
[DEAD_PICKED_TILE:182]
[GROWDUR:410][VALUE:3]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:DRINK:PLANT_ALCOHOL_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:frozen Acanthaceae beer]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:Acanthaceae beer]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:boiling Acanthaceae beer]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:2]
[DISPLAY_COLOR:5:0:0]
[EDIBLE_RAW]
[EDIBLE_COOKED]
[PREFIX:NONE]
[DRINK:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:DRINK]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:MILL:PLANT_POWDER_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:Acanthaceae flour]
[STATE_COLOR:ALL_SOLID:WHITE]
[DISPLAY_COLOR:7:0:1]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:41]
[EDIBLE_VERMIN]
[EDIBLE_COOKED]
[PREFIX:NONE]
[MILL:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:MILL]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SEED:SEED_TEMPLATE]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:1]
[EDIBLE_VERMIN]
[EDIBLE_COOKED]
[SEED:Acanthaceae seed:Acanthaceae seeds:0:0:1:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED]
[SPRING][SUMMER][AUTUMN][WINTER]
[FREQUENCY:100]
[CLUSTERSIZE:5]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:THREAD:THREAD_PLANT_TEMPLATE]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:3]
[THREAD:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:THREAD]
[DRY][WET]

2) Can i write seasons and humidity like this:
   [SUMMER][WINTER][DRY]
   or i have to write always like this:
   [SUMMER]
   [WINTER]
   [DRY]
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 05:43:00 pm by Inzaniak »

Shandra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: March 16, 2011, 07:47:20 pm »

I've got a problem when i try to add toys. I made a new raw with the new toys in it and i edited the entity_default.txt adding [TOY:ITEM_TOY_NAME], but when i make rock toys in game, there are only the original toys of the game. Does anybody know how to fix this???

Not sure.... as I since some time wanted to have a "Rumpelstiltskin" as a toy (yeah, I love the Brother Grimms and the true origin (but not interpretation) of words*1) I just added it in items_toy and then allowed it in entity_default.... no problem since. And I may assume that you have regened the world after adding those entries - only thing I see as a possible fault is simply a typo :( Sorry!

*1: Oops, the english&german wikipedia is taking the origin in another direction from what I learned (identical to the one  Terry Prattched is using in his science of discworld books) - from what I learned in school it meant something alike to man on a stick or such and the mare was a tale about female mas***b****n - those medieval tales really had the XXX classified style!.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 08:11:12 pm by Shandra »

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: March 16, 2011, 07:56:57 pm »

2) Can i write seasons and humidity like this:
   [SUMMER][WINTER][DRY]
   or i have to write always like this:
   [SUMMER]
   [WINTER]
   [DRY]
You can write whole entries without touching the Enter key.
Also wet/dry isn't for humidity, it's for how wet the soil is. Things with [WET], like willows, will only grow within a few tiles of water.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2332 on: March 17, 2011, 01:03:11 am »

@Lofn: Your icon scares the f*k out of me. For the twelve holy moon mothers' crystal wombs, please make it go away. o_o
Tch, fine.  You guys (meaning this forum in general) are really not good with spiders, huh.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Inzaniak

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a digital banana.
    • View Profile
    • Gamer with Moustaches
« Reply #2333 on: March 17, 2011, 04:00:22 am »

Not sure.... as I since some time wanted to have a "Rumpelstiltskin" as a toy (yeah, I love the Brother Grimms and the true origin (but not interpretation) of words*1) I just added it in items_toy and then allowed it in entity_default.... no problem since. And I may assume that you have regened the world after adding those entries - only thing I see as a possible fault is simply a typo :( Sorry!
This is pretty strange.
What have you added in entity_default?

P.S.
This is the toy code:
item_toy_random

[OBJECT:ITEM]

[ITEM_TOY:ITEM_TOY_ANGEL]
[NAME:Angel:Angel]

[ITEM_TOY:ITEM_TOY_APOLLO]
[NAME:Apollo:Apollo]

[ITEM_TOY:ITEM_TOY_AQUALAD]
[NAME:Aqualad:Aqualad]

[ITEM_TOY:ITEM_TOY_AQUAMAN]
[NAME:Aquaman:Aquaman]

This is what i add to entity_default:
[TOY:ITEM_TOY_ANGEL]
[TOY:ITEM_TOY_APOLLO]
[TOY:ITEM_TOY_AQUALAD]
[TOY:ITEM_TOY_AQUAMAN]
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 04:19:42 am by Inzaniak »

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: March 17, 2011, 06:04:49 am »

Wow, that's a really low chance to get a queen and drones in an ant colony then, amongst the thousands of workers and soldiers. That would practically prevent the ability to sustain an ant colony fortress.

Yeah, the default chances there are absurdly small considering the litter size and such. It doesn't help that they only live for a few years.

Oh, but wait. Why would I do all this if I can't even test it out or use it? I keep forgetting that my DF has a weird bug concerning color. All dwarves have the same color hair, eyes, and skin. So all of them have, for instance, sandy taupe hair, amethyst eyes, and copper skin--even migrants and babies.

Heh... this is the genetics system "working as intended". Even if each colour is equally weighted, colours earlier in the list are considered dominant over those later in the list, which can result in odd stuff happening. You can try to mitigate the effects by adding TLCM_GENETIC_MODEL:MIX to the relevant tissue group, but I've heard that that doesn't work very well anyway.

What does the [COLOR:<whatever>] tag do exactly? Is it more of an adventure mode thing? Some colours don't have it, some have two and some have one. Do they force the game to pick a display colour instead of using the RGB values?

COLOR determines which colour is picked from DESCRIPTOR_COLOR files, the colour determining the name displayed in the creature description. If you mean CP_COLOR, found in patterns and such, that controls which colours are used in describing the pattern. If you mean WORD, found in some colour entries, then I've no idea what that does.

It doesn't seem to matter what the RGB values are anyway, if you're not telling the game to make items of that colour.

It might not, currently. I'm sure there was something similar pre-.31 which allowed you to determine which display colours tanned hides and such used. The RGB values not doing anything at the moment might just be due to a kink in the system or something unimplemented or such.

Of course, it's still possible to do that in .31, just more longwinded.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 07:01:51 am by 3 »

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: March 17, 2011, 01:40:04 pm »

If you mean WORD, found in some colour entries, then I've no idea what that does.
Yup, that was the one. There are a couple that aren't colours ('ocean' for sea green and 'pine' for pine green), but I don't know what to make of it.

Of course, it's still possible to do that in .31, just more longwinded.
Select the creature's leather material and tweak the colour?

Pickerel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: March 17, 2011, 01:40:57 pm »

2 questions:
1. Does changing the EAT_SAPIENT_OTHER and EAT_SAPIENT_KILL to ACCEPTABLE, as people have in the past suggested, actually allow dwarves to butcher and eat sapient creatures?
2. Is there a way to get a particular entity to bring along plants which are of depth greater than 1?  Reason: I had some plants I modded in that I DO want to grow in underground areas, but need the [BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_WATER] token to do so.  That, however, enabled the dwarves to bring it at embark, which I do NOT want.  The only way I could remedy this that I could find was to set the depth 2-3 instead of 1-3, because dwarves bring only depth 1 plants.
OR, if you know of another way I can get dwarves to not bring the plant at embark...
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 02:00:31 pm by Pickerel »

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: March 17, 2011, 02:09:30 pm »

The plant itself needs to be edible raw for it to appear on embark.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: March 17, 2011, 03:27:45 pm »

1. Does changing the EAT_SAPIENT_OTHER and EAT_SAPIENT_KILL to ACCEPTABLE, as people have in the past suggested, actually allow dwarves to butcher and eat sapient creatures?
Yes.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Pickerel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: March 17, 2011, 06:22:52 pm »

From my above message, I should also specify that I don't want them to be able to bring seeds or any part or product from the plant at embark...
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 357