Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 419845 times)

Inzaniak

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a digital banana.
    • View Profile
    • Gamer with Moustaches
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #2295 on: March 14, 2011, 09:32:13 am »

Hi, i'm working on an Alcohol mod and i'd like to know if there is a way to add a new object to the game.
The reaction i'm working on is this:

[NAME:Malt barley]
[BUILDING:MALTHOUSE:CUSTOM_M]
[REAGENT:A:1:PLANT:NONE:PLANT_MAT:BARLEY:PLANT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE] (What i've to insert to make the reaction produce "Beer Malt") ("Beer Malt" will be an object used in the "Mash Tun")
[SKILL:BREWING]

Thanks for the help.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 10:14:23 am by Inzaniak »

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: March 14, 2011, 12:46:37 pm »

I could help you but I'm busy, sorry  :-[
My question: is there a way to make a material that changes its temperature by being re-worked, and can artifacts be made to be used in a building?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: March 14, 2011, 01:33:35 pm »

[PRODUCT:100:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE] (What i've to insert to make the reaction produce "Beer Malt") ("Beer Malt" will be an object used in the "Mash Tun")
The product needs to have an item category to fit into (see here for the list), and then it needs to be made of something. POWDER_MISC would be the closest item token. That has no subtypes, so onto the material tokens. I think the finished line would be [PRODUCT:100:1:POWDER_MISC:NONE:BARLEY:MILL]. Then you need to create the MILL material the reaction calls on. Add the following to the barley plant's entry:

Code: [Select]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:MILL:PLANT_POWDER_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:beer malt]
[STATE_COLOR:ALL_SOLID:WHITE]
[DISPLAY_COLOR:7:0:1]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:20]
[EDIBLE_VERMIN]
[EDIBLE_COOKED]
[PREFIX:NONE]
        [MILL:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:MILL]
The first line creates a substance called 'beer malt' that uses the material template for plant powder, and the last line tells the game to use it. The lines in between handle the in-game appearance and behaviour of the material.
The reaction as it stands now will produce just powder, which will fall all over the floor.

Code: [Select]
[REAGENT:B:1:BOX:NONE:NONE:NONE][EMPTY][BAG][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:POWDER_MISC:NONE:BARLEY:MILL][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:B]
should fix that.

My question: is there a way to make a material that changes its temperature by being re-worked, and can artifacts be made to be used in a building?
1. No, temperature values are locked to an individual material. You can create two versions of the same material that differ in temperature and transmute one into the other.
2. No, there's no 'artifact only' tag for buildings (if that's what you're after). You can go the long way round by having a building require an object that can only be made through moods.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: March 14, 2011, 01:37:33 pm »

can artifacts be made to be used in a building?
Custom workshops, yes.
   [BUILD_ITEM:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]
This allows you to use any material as that component for the workshop, including artifacts.
Note that the menu also displays every single item in your fort.
You can narrow it down to certain item typess using the tokens as normal.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Jordan~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: March 15, 2011, 05:18:58 am »

What sort of material properties would a plant fibre need to have for clothing made from its cloth to provide similar protective qualities to steel armour?

Inzaniak

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a digital banana.
    • View Profile
    • Gamer with Moustaches
« Reply #2300 on: March 15, 2011, 11:43:48 am »

The first line creates a substance called 'beer malt' that uses the material template for plant powder, and the last line tells the game to use it. The lines in between handle the in-game appearance and behaviour of the material.
The reaction as it stands now will produce just powder, which will fall all over the floor.

Thanks for the answer. Now the building works, but the powder producted in the game is named "powder" is there a way to change it to "beer malt" or "beer powder"?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 12:41:17 pm by Inzaniak »

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: March 15, 2011, 12:00:21 pm »

can artifacts be made to be used in a building?
Custom workshops, yes.
   [BUILD_ITEM:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]
This allows you to use any material as that component for the workshop, including artifacts.
Note that the menu also displays every single item in your fort.
You can narrow it down to certain item typess using the tokens as normal.
very,very useful. thanks!
any way to restrict just material (i.e. a custom one for use)?
What sort of material properties would a plant fibre need to have for clothing made from its cloth to provide similar protective qualities to steel armour?
It will never never equal steel unless you make it insanely thick and strong - basically plate armor out of fabric.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: March 15, 2011, 01:10:15 pm »

isn't cloth/clothing it's own type of object anyway?
hence adamantine clothing is just insanely valuable not god-skin
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: March 15, 2011, 01:31:13 pm »

High shear yield and shear fracture numbers.  I believe this will let it defend you against cutting attacks.  I believe cloth clothing overrides the strain-at-yield values, meaning cloth clothing CAN'T be made to defend you against bludgeoning damage (the tag that causes the override is [STRUCTURAL_ELASTICITY_WOVEN_THREAD], I think).

If you're making your own clothing items, you could try leaving off that tag and seeing what happens.
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: March 15, 2011, 01:45:58 pm »

Thanks for the answer. Now the building works, but the powder producted in the game is named "powder" is there a way to change it to "beer malt" or "beer powder"?

[PRODUCT:100:1:POWDER_MISC:NONE:PLANT_MAT:BARLEY:MILL]

Got the arguments jumbled up a little, sorry. The last one is for the substance you created in the plant entry, the four before that are the item-subitem-material-submaterial ones.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: March 15, 2011, 03:25:49 pm »

I'm trying to get some more metals/ore into the game. Just to practise with modding before I create I new race.
But I just saw this in the copper RAW:
[MOLAR_MASS:55845]
What does molar mass do? Do I need to change it? Does it affect density?

Shandra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: March 15, 2011, 06:04:33 pm »

Today I thought about modifieing a tileset so that dug out stones would show both colours and not only the foreground/basic colour set... Ok, i now i am inclined to believe that this ain't possible - but something i noticed as I worked on it: the wiki is mentioning on its tileset page that for tile 007 Stone as changeable via the raw files, but all i can find there (inorganic_stone_*) are the tiles used for their natural undug tiles. Is there some raw file I am missing for that tile?

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: March 15, 2011, 06:39:15 pm »

[ITEM_SYMBOL:<whatever>]

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: March 15, 2011, 06:47:47 pm »

I'm trying to get some more metals/ore into the game. Just to practise with modding before I create I new race.
But I just saw this in the copper RAW:
[MOLAR_MASS:55845]
What does molar mass do? Do I need to change it? Does it affect density?
The mass of a certain quantity (mole) of atoms. Faiiiirly sure it's not used ingame, since [SOLID_DENSITY:?] governs weight.

Shandra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: March 15, 2011, 06:58:58 pm »

[ITEM_SYMBOL:<whatever>]
Damned... should have looked into stone_minerals more closely - thanks! Alas, then it really is not possible to get the background colour into the rough stone tile ?:/
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 357