Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 419765 times)

Greep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #2220 on: March 09, 2011, 11:47:59 pm »

Is there any way to affect the growtime/ability to grow aboveground plants?  They don't have a GROWDUR, and dwarves controlled by the player can farm outdoors regardless of their only indoor farming tag...
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 11:50:07 pm by Greep »

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: March 10, 2011, 12:50:37 am »

Is there any way to affect the growtime/ability to grow aboveground plants?  They don't have a GROWDUR, and dwarves controlled by the player can farm outdoors regardless of their only indoor farming tag...
shrubs dont have reappear timer but outdoor farms are subject to growdur just like indoor's. I consider outdoor gathering and outdoor wood cutting hazardous enough to justify not having a growdur on them.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Greep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: March 10, 2011, 12:55:47 am »

Oh, so there's like a default growdur if the token is not in the raws?

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: March 10, 2011, 01:24:28 am »

Oh, so there's like a default growdur if the token is not in the raws?
growdur if omitted, is defaulted at 500 IIRC. You can add growdur and it be recognized correctly. Mines are at 3000 for overland crops and they do correctly take roughly 9 months to mature when planted in field.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Iados

• Bay Watcher
  • Back from the Dead
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #2224 on: March 10, 2011, 11:56:05 am »

I have a problem with a custom reaction:
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:DUPLICATE_METAL2]
[NAME:fuse metal bar with union bar]
[BUILDING:SMELTER:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:UNION]
[REAGENT:B:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:2:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:B:NONE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[FUEL]
[SKILL:SMELT]

Basically this should take a bar of the Union metal (from my mod) and another of any metal, and as a product will give 2 bars of the second metal. But instead it creates 300 bars . What i did wrong?

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: March 10, 2011, 11:57:28 am »

[REACTION:DUPLICATE_METAL2]
   [NAME:fuse metal bar with union bar]
   [BUILDING:SMELTER:NONE]
   [REAGENT:A:150:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:UNION]
   [REAGENT:B:150:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:NONE]
   [PRODUCT:100:2:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:B:NONE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
   [FUEL]
   [SKILL:SMELT]

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: March 10, 2011, 01:53:06 pm »

Fuckin ART_IMAGE_ELEMENT_MODIFIER, how does it work?

In particular what should I set the number to if I want the image_element in question to be noticeably more common, but not to the point where my entity doesn't art anything else? (art is a verb now btw)
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: March 10, 2011, 02:41:34 pm »

I doubt anyone has any hard numbers but I'd guess that the argument defines a relative weighting. The numbers in the dwarf entity (spikes and bands = 384, rings = 64) seem to work quite well (you don't often see hanging rings on artifacts and the like). Try 1024 in the element you want with 128 in everything else or something.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: March 10, 2011, 04:07:42 pm »

Doesn't follow:  You can make a CLAW material/tissue and a NAIL material/tissue.  Put
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:NAIL:NAIL_TEMPLATE]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:NAIL:NAIL_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:TOE:NAIL:FRONT]
in one caste and
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:CLAW:NAIL_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:claw]
[STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:claw]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:CLAW:CLAW_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:TOE:CLAW:FRONT]
in the other, I think that should work.
The game goes straight to the material template when naming the butchered part. But after using a different material template for the clawed caste it worked, thanks. What I had before trying out the claws as things created in the body file was

[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:CLAW:CLAW_TEMPLATE_STR]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:CLAW:CLAW_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:FINGER:CLAW:FRONT]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:TOE:CLAW:FRONT]
in one caste and

[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:NAIL:NAIL_TEMPLATE]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:NAIL:NAIL_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:FINGER:NAIL:FRONT]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:TOE:NAIL:FRONT]
in the other. The (material > tissue > tissue layer) line ordering hadn't been changed, the position of the lines within the creature entry hadn't been changed, the position and calling order of the castes themselves hadn't been changed... I have no idea why it wasn't working before, and now that it works I still have no idea why it wasn't before. I have constantly been making changes to the files that the creature file relies on.

I'm not sure what you mean here.  All body parts are targetable unless they are INTERNAL.  INTERNAL body parts can be damaged when the parent body part is damaged.
Tissue layers may be added to existing bodyparts within the creature entry.  This is how nails and claws work by default, they are a layer of tissue added to the front of specified body parts, rather than being body parts in their own right.  That is why they can't be targeted by attacks.

I think we're talking about slightly different things.  I was speaking from a programing point of view:  From what I can tell based on the error messages we get when we mess something up, the body part is created using the BODY token, the BODY_DETAIL_PLAN token adds important information to already existing body parts.
Yeah, I don't think I'm expressing the difference between body parts as things pulled out of the body file by the BODY command, and body parts as... simulations of parts of real life bodies. It'd be easier if I could call the body+material+tissue combo a body part and the things in the body file something else, but they're hogging the 'body part' label.

I also seem to be using 'create' to describe both the creation of something within the game, and the metaphorical creation that happens when you tell the game in the creature entry that you want... (something that isn't actually a body part within DF but would reasonably be described as such if the creature were there in front of you) added.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: March 10, 2011, 05:58:33 pm »

Does anyone know how to make an installed object passable by dwarves?

tuldas

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: March 10, 2011, 09:36:47 pm »

New to modding, and read through the wiki, but can't find a list for material tokens. Trying to use bone,

[REACTION:MAKE_BONE_BLOCKS]
[NAME:make bone blocks]
[BUILDING:KITCHEN:CUSTOM_B]
[REAGENT:bone:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[ANY_BONE_MATERIAL]
  [PRODUCT:100:1:BLOCKS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:bone]
[SKILL:BUTCHER]

dwarf will grab the bones, work with them for a while, then spit out nothing. All the other reactions I can see have another id after the GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:bone line, so is my not having something there causing the product line to be invalid? What would go there?

Also, tried adding this to the butchers shop, but it didn't show up with

[BUILDING:BUTCHER:CUSTOM_B]
Is it BUTCHER_SHOP instead?

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: March 10, 2011, 09:51:17 pm »

[PRODUCT:100:1:BLOCKS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:bone:NONE]
Ideally there'd be a BONE_MAT or something, but there isn't (you're only looking for bone materials anyway, so it shouldn't matter).

Additionally, http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Category:DF2010:Modding .

tuldas

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: March 10, 2011, 10:01:13 pm »

Thank you, I couldn't find any list of what product ID's should be at the end of a product, and apparently skipped the part that said no part of a product line could be omitted.

And, of course, the blocks are considered usable for making blocks, but for the short puppy road I have in mind, I think I can work around this.

Razonatair

• Bay Watcher
  • Move along citizen, nothing to see here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: March 11, 2011, 01:54:48 am »

Is it known what controls how long it takes to make an item? I know smelting takes forever with an unskilled dwarf for instance, so is the time to create tied somehow to the building type?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: March 11, 2011, 04:10:33 pm »

where are the raws located in a Linux install?
Is it known what controls how long it takes to make an item? I know smelting takes forever with an unskilled dwarf for instance, so is the time to create tied somehow to the building type?
isn't there a skill_required tag or something?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 357