Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 419473 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #2070 on: February 23, 2011, 06:50:48 pm »

Ladys and Gentlemen, it would appear that use of braces in the raws has unexpected results. Testing must be done, and as the largest institute for raw shifting in the forums, it is our responcibilty to figure out how to work this to our advantage.

Fullmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Elfless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: February 24, 2011, 12:50:48 am »

If the ammo is listed as permitted in the entity file, it will show up at the crafts shop.

Remove the listing from the entity file, and use custom reactions to make the ammo. 
Kthx. Well, what if I remove from entity weapon too? Would they still use it?
Quote from: Fishbulb
I got an artifact cave spider silk sock this morning. It's worth 5,720 dwarfbucks, and it doesn't menace with spikes of anything.
Dwarfs don't have issues.  Dwarfs merely have inspiration for the legendary artifact they will one day make.
Quote from: Urist son of Urist
Considering the general state of DF, I think Einstein and Newton are already rotating fast enough that you could hook them up to pumps and use them to kill Elves.

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: February 24, 2011, 03:42:06 pm »

The computer wouldn't use it.

But you would be able to use it in Fortress mode.  The weapons would be listed as foreign on the military screen.
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: February 24, 2011, 08:36:13 pm »

Testing must be done, and as the largest institute for raw shifting in the forums, it is our responcibilty to figure out how to work this to our advantage.

FOR SCIENCE!

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: February 24, 2011, 09:06:34 pm »

Ladys and Gentlemen, it would appear that use of braces in the raws has unexpected results. Testing must be done, and as the largest institute for raw shifting in the forums, it is our responcibilty to figure out how to work this to our advantage.

can you elaborate? I am always curious about "unexpected results". It's the mad scientist in me.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: February 25, 2011, 03:16:55 am »

Testing must be done, and as the largest institute for raw shifting in the forums, it is our responcibilty to figure out how to work this to our advantage.

FOR SCIENCE!

Urist McResearcher cancels SCIENCE!: not enough exclamation points.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: February 25, 2011, 10:33:49 am »

Okay, I have some serious questions for something I'm working on.

Is it possible to make an entity consist of two or three creature types instead of just one?

Is it possible to somewhat randomize the materials of a creature's bodyparts? I don't want all my cyborgs to have one metal arm and one metal eye, I would prefer if different cyborgs had different modifications to their bodies.

I've tried to make a plant that can be smelted before but it never worked right... is there any way I could make a farmable plant that smelts into some various metals?

I'm not sure about the plausibility of a metal tree leaving behind bars when cut down... can that be done? or will it just be logs?

Can I make an ammo type that can't be picked up after its been used? (lasors should not leave used ammunition all over the place like arrows currently do.)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 10:35:40 am by darkrider2 »

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: February 25, 2011, 10:41:55 am »

Is it possible to make an entity consist of two or three creature types instead of just one?

Not a single civ (which is what I'm assuming you mean; different to an entity). The closest you can get is making however many castes and just dealing with them interbreeding.

Is it possible to somewhat randomize the materials of a creature's bodyparts?

Again, castes.

is there any way I could make a farmable plant that smelts into some various metals?

Not in an effective manner. Better just to create a plant technically made out of metal and then create a "refining" reaction or something to turn it into bars.

I'm not sure about the plausibility of a metal tree leaving behind bars when cut down... can that be done?

No, you'll only ever get logs.

Can I make an ammo type that can't be picked up after its been used? (lasors should not leave used ammunition all over the place like arrows currently do.)

No.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: February 25, 2011, 11:56:08 am »

No.
It was possible in pre-DF2010 versions, so if we ask Toady nicely, maybe he can give it back (STICK_CHANCE token for ammo and weapons).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: February 25, 2011, 12:01:59 pm »

evaporating ammunition the problem making sure they stay solid long enough to hurt anything
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: February 25, 2011, 03:57:40 pm »

evaporating ammunition the problem making sure they stay solid long enough to hurt anything

I thought about that, if i remember correctly anything that is flying through the air completely ignores the laws of temperature. The only problem I see is how will I store this ammunition without said vaporization?

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: February 25, 2011, 04:44:09 pm »

@Max Braces as in {}? And what do they do? What what?

Tell me! :P
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: February 25, 2011, 04:55:15 pm »

I thought about that, if i remember correctly anything that is flying through the air completely ignores the laws of temperature. The only problem I see is how will I store this ammunition without said vaporization?
fixed temp containers/quivers

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: February 25, 2011, 05:14:03 pm »

So how does under_pressure as a tag work?
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: February 25, 2011, 05:16:59 pm »

So how does under_pressure as a tag work?
there's a tag for that?????????
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 357