Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 419433 times)

moisesjns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #1545 on: December 23, 2010, 06:15:15 pm »

i have done the volcano and it works thanks for the suggestion. now you see i have done dfliquids i  have made GIANT pools of lava yet i still never unlock the abillity to make magma forges? is their a way to make magma forges unlocked permanently? i really want magma forge.

Steele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: December 23, 2010, 07:00:59 pm »

Hell!
I, still being rather new, thought magma forges were simply a Metalsmith's forge placed near magma.. But it seems you have to find magma that already exists in-game before magma forges become available.
Adding it via dfhack won't work..

I read old posts about this very subject, and they had a program that would unlock the forge for you. It was made for the 40d version of DF, and it doesn't look like it's been remade for the 2010.
I'm sure it's still possible to do, but I'll be damned if I know how to do it.

mcdonaldjord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: December 23, 2010, 07:14:09 pm »

is it possable to add an attack to a piece of armor? like
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
if that wouldnt work is there a way to make it work?
am trying to make a helmet with horns that can gore things :D
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 07:20:18 pm by mcdonaldjord »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #1548 on: December 23, 2010, 07:40:01 pm »

I'm afraid not, I tried making a spiked shield. It just treats the attack entry as an unknown token.

You could make a spiked helmet, define it as a weapon and use it as a weapon, but I doubt that's what you're looking for. :P

mcdonaldjord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: December 23, 2010, 07:44:07 pm »

I'm afraid not, I tried making a spiked shield. It just treats the attack entry as an unknown token.

You could make a spiked helmet, define it as a weapon and use it as a weapon, but I doubt that's what you're looking for. :P
well that sucks lol o well time to add horns :D

Hydrall

• Bay Watcher
  • Target Verified: Commencing Hostilities
    • View Profile
    • TVTropes
« Reply #1550 on: December 23, 2010, 07:46:40 pm »

Someday we'll have Thibbledorf Pwent, someday.

Also, I hold to it that that name couldn't possibly be an accident, nor that his style of fighting is identical to that of Dorfy wrestling.
After seven days and seven nights, God said "Screw this!" and abandoned the fortress.

Uristmcfisherdwarf cancels fish: Interrupted by harmless minnow

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: December 24, 2010, 08:19:56 am »

ok so i thought that this would give me plump helmets but its only giving me the spawn
how do i get the actually food item?

[
Code: [Select]
REACTION:FREE_SHROOMS]
[NAME:Free shrooms]
[BUILDING:SMELTER:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:PLANT:NO_SUBTYPE:PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP:PLANT]
[SKILL:SMELT]

oh, and Pwent would be hilarious in this game
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: December 24, 2010, 08:35:47 am »

how do i get the actually food item?
[PRODUCT:100:5:PLANT:NONE:PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP:BASIC_MAT]

EDIT: NONE and NO_SUBTYPE are the same. the important bit is BASIC_MAT.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 08:37:55 am by rephikul »
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: December 24, 2010, 08:42:21 am »

hm, ok thanks man
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: December 24, 2010, 12:26:17 pm »

I'll try askin' again, since it seems to have gotten past up by more interesting questions :P

Using custom reactions, is it possible to make a weapon or armor from multiple 'pieces' into something that is usable? As I recall armor is glitched to always come out human-sized, but my modded race is human size to begin with anyway. The basic idea would be something along the lines of like, for a sword, you'd need the blade, hilt, and leather to make it.

The idea is somewhat inspired from a bit too much FFXIV, but it's also something I thought up to try to balance out superior weaponry for the modded race so things aren't too easy. Ditto for armor.

Also, using the sword example again, would the weapon's description say what leather was used in creation? How would the item description be determined?

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: December 24, 2010, 01:08:52 pm »

Using custom reactions, is it possible to make a weapon or armor from multiple 'pieces' into something that is usable?
You can have a reaction require multiple regents.

The basic idea would be something along the lines of like, for a sword, you'd need the blade, hilt, and leather to make it.
The leather would be fine but there are no hilt or blade items or a weapon part item type. Item types are hard coded. You could get around this by having them represented as weapons with really bad stats which you assemble into proper weapons in a workshop.

Also, using the sword example again, would the weapon's description say what leather was used in creation? How would the item description be determined?
The material used in both the description and combat calculations is the material specified in the product part of the reaction.

Edit: I just realised that if you allow an entity to use certain weapons then they will show up in the forges allowing you to bypass making the parts. I'm not sure if members of a civ will turn up wielding weapons only accessible through reactions and not through [WEAPON:x] tokens.

Edit2: You will also get members of that civ wielding the parts.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 01:36:54 pm by Vattic »
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: December 24, 2010, 01:28:40 pm »

How would one make it so a creature has all attacks 'pass right through' it unless they attack one body part?
w̷̦̬̹̣͕̙͖͑̓̌̓̑̄͒͋͜͝h̙̩͈̱͚̳̳̪͖̙͕̥̳ͥ̍̔͂̑̿̓̍̑ͣ͆̅̀͢y̧̼̭͎͓̟̺͉̰͎̱̜ͫ̂́͗̐̑́w̢̬̪͈̲̽̋́̈̓ͨ̄͐̿̓ͧ̇ͩ̏ͫ̑̎͟͡ḩ̡͍̫̣̹̬̙̭͊ͯͯ̉͡y̔ͥ̏͛̀̂̎̆ͥͮ̐̍̈̏͆̓̅̒҉̢̘͚͎̠̻̣̯̥̠̙̤̪̮̝̲̜̪́̕̕ͅw̸̗̻̱ͭͣͦͤ̇̑̅͗ͨͬ͋̉͊ͨ͂͜hͩͪ̋ͣ̇̔͂ͧ̍̾͂͏̨̠͕̼̟͙̳̺͕̥͔̜̮̩̰̲̞̼y̴̸̵̪͕̜̪̙̦̘ͧ̽̇ͭͭͬͯ̾̈́̐̂̉͆͒ͤ̌̀̕w̺̟͙͙̭͇̟̮͉̯͈͖̩͔͊͛ͧͯ̀̿ͣͪ͂ͪ͘̕͠ͅh̷̴̷̢͉͖̺̦̣͙̓ͧ̅͋ͪ̾̓͒̌̒ͯ̇́ͯ̕y̋ͪ̓̒̈́͞͏̤̗̞̲̪͚̮̤̫̪̺̪̫̕w̸͔̺̱̼̪̮̘̟͖̭̱͓͈̜͇͚͉̙͊̈́ͦ̅̋̂ͩ̓͗́̚͡ͅĥ̶̨̟̺͕̌͆͒͑ͦͨ̉͆͜͜ý̧͓̼̘̯͉̘̺̩͇̻͈͔̖͎̜͍ͭ̌ͩ͟͝͞

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: December 24, 2010, 01:34:29 pm »

Edit: I just realised that if you allow an entity to use certain weapons then they will show up in the forges allowing you to bypass making the parts. I'm not sure if members of a civ will turn up wielding weapons only accessible through reactions and not through [WEAPON:x] tokens.
Yes. Custom reaction but no civ weapon access make it not showing up at the force. However, you cannot trade for them either. Merchant guards also will never spawn with this new equipment.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: December 24, 2010, 01:38:29 pm »

It looks like you won't be able to achieve what you're looking to.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: December 24, 2010, 01:45:37 pm »

It looks like you won't be able to achieve what you're looking to.

Darn. Increasing material_size only does so much, not to mention this has the side-effect of making them more valuable which isn't really what I'm shooting for.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 357