Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 419705 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #1425 on: December 20, 2010, 06:54:53 pm »

Just to be sure, adding a custom building and the reactions relevant to the building will allow the stuff in that building (weapons and the like) to show up in sieges involving that race, right?

I asked that question a while ago and never realy got an answer. Trying to make weapons out of stone/gem/other, right?

mcdonaldjord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: December 20, 2010, 06:59:09 pm »

Just to be clear, all the top of every creature file should start with

creature_file name

[OBJECT:CREATURE]

Otherwise it will not work. That is how DF known what to compile the raws into. Now, if you have those two things at the top of the file, and the [CREATURE:HUMAN] under it, were running low on things it could be. You said you have been doing some other modding, so does that imply you already have a log full of errors? If that is the case, then any new errors will be at the very bottem, just in case you thought the top was most recent.
i really dont know whats happening am just gona delete this df and start with a new one :c

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: December 20, 2010, 07:00:05 pm »

Well I can't stop you through a phone line, but atleast keep a copy of anything you modded yourself. Never throw your hard work away.

mcdonaldjord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: December 20, 2010, 07:03:41 pm »

lol i spent a full 30 minutes one it  and it was really only ment for practice anyways, all i did was make dwarfs firee proof and the bonepeoplethingy and i am glad to say i made elfs less sissy
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #1430 on: December 20, 2010, 07:08:07 pm »

I'm trying to get reactions from a custom workshop onto say, humans and goblins, so they can use bayonets and hilt spikes and such in sieges. I mean logically it should work but logic doesn't go particularly far sometimes.  :P

mcdonaldjord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: December 20, 2010, 07:09:43 pm »

ok one more question, whats the speed of a dwarf? its hard to know how fast [SPEED:1] is to [SPEED:100] with out having something to compare it to

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: December 20, 2010, 07:10:01 pm »

Does your reaction make a new weapon? That is to say, to allow for spikes, did you have to mod in an [ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_CROSSBOW_WITH_BAYONETTE] or something along those lines?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: December 20, 2010, 07:12:02 pm »

ok one more question, whats the speed of a dwarf? its hard to know how fast [SPEED:1] is to [SPEED:100] with out having something to compare it to

I think if they don't have the tag, then defult speed is about 2000, or something of that nature.

Horizon9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: December 20, 2010, 07:13:02 pm »

Syndromes can ''only'' be transmitted through liquid or gas- Is magic missile either of those?
It's a liquid.
On impact it boils away into a gas.
What a tiny roc. I guess I could call it a pebbl.

mcdonaldjord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: December 20, 2010, 07:13:38 pm »

I think if they don't have the tag, then defult speed is about 2000, or something of that nature.
so that was one fast elf.

mcdonaldjord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: December 20, 2010, 08:06:31 pm »

ok i know i have been talking alot today but thats mainly because i want to start moding things. i want to try and make a mod but i have no ideas any suggestings? something not to hard though 

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #1437 on: December 20, 2010, 08:22:16 pm »

Yes, that's exactly it. I was adding weapon mods to the other races, aside from elves, who would only get bladed bows, for all the good they'd do, not having access to metal.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: December 20, 2010, 08:58:43 pm »

Yes, that's exactly it. I was adding weapon mods to the other races, aside from elves, who would only get bladed bows, for all the good they'd do, not having access to metal.

In that case, you just need to allow the entity to use that weapon, rather then worry about reactions and such.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #1439 on: December 20, 2010, 09:52:06 pm »

Oh, duh.

Overlooking simple solutions. Thanks!
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 357