Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 419824 times)

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes nu's for their blueness, oh and that mohawk!
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #1320 on: December 14, 2010, 03:51:28 pm »

Just wondering, is there any way to make breath attack syndromes freeze people? Since i've been playing around with syndromes, and it seems like there's not much on the wiki article about breath attacks.
Blargh.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: December 14, 2010, 06:30:18 pm »

Three things:

1) Is there any way to make UNDIRECTED_DUST more deadly without using syndromes.

2) What is the exact syntax for making a 'poison' in a creature raw and then using it in the UNDIRECTED_DUST.

3)If I can't make something immobile, what is the slowest I can make it move. SPEED:1 makes them super fast and SPEED:800000 makes them super fast but SPEED:2000 slows them down. (It already has IMMOBILE_LAND or whichever tag makes fish unable to move on land.)

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: December 14, 2010, 07:51:02 pm »

Just wondering, is there any way to make breath attack syndromes freeze people? Since i've been playing around with syndromes, and it seems like there's not much on the wiki article about breath attacks.

Here's a link to the wiki's mat def article, I case you need it.

It is easiest to use Vapor breath weapons for temperature based attacks.

The breath weapon material should have a high SPEC_HEAT.

To make a breath weapon that does cold damage, give the material a low MELTING_POINT.

To make a breath weapon that does heat damage, give the material a high MELTING_POINT.

This works because Vapors create liquid droplets of their material on the targets, and freshly created liquids start with a temperature ~equal to their MELTING_POINT, so a low melting point equals a low starting temperature, and a high MELTING_POINT equals a high starting temperature.
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: December 14, 2010, 10:01:09 pm »

3)If I can't make something immobile, what is the slowest I can make it move. SPEED:1 makes them super fast and SPEED:800000 makes them super fast but SPEED:2000 slows them down. (It already has IMMOBILE_LAND or whichever tag makes fish unable to move on land.)
IMMOBILE_LAND doesnt work on its own. In circumstances where IMMOBILE_LAND works, the creature will basically drown on land and is basically worthless anyway. Also, from the look of things there's a speed overflow somewhere in the range of 16k-32k so you cant make something too slow either. Just give it up.
The exact bug could be found here.

The breath weapon material should have a high SPEC_HEAT.
Why does it need high SPEC_HEAT?

On a side note, you may want add CE_NUMBNESS to the freezing breathing attack just for the flavor words alone.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: December 14, 2010, 10:35:23 pm »

Still making nobles. Done with some on the non-playable races, and almost compleatly done with one of two playable races, but this is realy giving me trouble. For some reason, my land holder nobles show up in the first embark. Annoying much? I want them to show when the fortress hits triggers, like the baron/count/duke.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I havn't yet finished with there many demands, but thats a detail I can work on once they show up as expected. Thanks again for any help.

Aliek

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: December 15, 2010, 11:22:39 am »

Right now I've been having a small problem with creature and equipment sizes. As in, I'm using Deon's Genesis, but with some larger-than-most(Let's say Gith, a caste from the Illithids) races, most stuff I find to wear are small. Exceptions are jewelry and containers. I've tried toning down the size on the BODY_SIZE  tokens, making it the same as a human, but to no avail.

Any help in making larger stuff with reactions, or making the big guys smaller?

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: December 15, 2010, 03:20:27 pm »

Right now I've been having a small problem with creature and equipment sizes. As in, I'm using Deon's Genesis, but with some larger-than-most(Let's say Gith, a caste from the Illithids) races, most stuff I find to wear are small. Exceptions are jewelry and containers. I've tried toning down the size on the BODY_SIZE  tokens, making it the same as a human, but to no avail.

Any help in making larger stuff with reactions, or making the big guys smaller?

I believe DF determines armor size on a per-creature, rather than per-caste, basis; and bases the result on the LARGEST caste.  So the other castes like Master Mind Flayers etc are probably what's fouling you up.

That said, I have put up V2 of my Illithid mod.  The Illithid Adventurers in the new version should be scaled so that they can fit in the armor they find.  It also has improved adventure mode Void Mind Flayers, and adventure mode illithid crafting.

If you're playing the ASCII Genesis mod, I have put up a version that is compatible with the ASCII version.  There's no Graphical-compatible version yet, mostly because I don't have any sprites.

Quote from: rephikul
Why does [breath weapon materials] need high SPEC_HEAT?

Well, it doesn't NEED need a high spec heat, in fact what it mostly needs is to not have a low spec heat.  The instructions I gave were for a temp-based weapon without a MAT_FIXED_TEMP.  In this case, the spec heat will determine how long it takes the weapon material to cool off (or warm up).  The higher the spec heat, the longer the target will be affected.  Very low spec heats may prevent the target from taking damage at all.

For some reason, my land holder nobles show up in the first embark

Right above the noble declairations in the default dwarf entry is a series of tags that set the wealth requirements for each land-holder level.  Do you have these tags in your custom race?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 03:29:08 pm by D_E »
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: December 15, 2010, 05:09:55 pm »

Yea, I got the tags. From what I can tell there basicaly nobles with a few fun dutys, yet three of my seven dwarves have unruly demands.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #1328 on: December 15, 2010, 07:38:03 pm »

Okay, so the wiki is down and I haven't been modding long enough to memorize the tags, much less the biome tags, which I have barely had any experience in using. But could someone tell me the tags to get something to show up in any kind of savage desert?

And am I correct in assuming the "benign" and "haunted" tags (I think they're [GOOD] and [EVIL] specifically) add the plant/animal to all types of benign/haunted areas (IE, Savage, peaceful, etc)

I am nothing without my giant list of tags  :(

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: December 15, 2010, 07:55:53 pm »

Code: [Select]
             GOOD          NEUTRAL        EVIL

BENIGN       serene        calm           sinister

NEUTRAL      mirthful      wilderness     haunted

SAVAGE       joyous wilds  untamed wilds  terrifying

I actually can't remember what the other two were, but that's the basic gist of how it works. Non-evil creatures can show up as undead on evil biomes; everything defaults to "neutral" if it lacks a token that pertains to the relevant axis.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 08:03:05 pm by 3 »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #1330 on: December 15, 2010, 07:59:47 pm »

Okay, so if I only put a savage token, for instance, it will only show up in untamed wilds? Just making sure I've got this clear.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #1332 on: December 15, 2010, 08:00:48 pm »

Oh yeah, mirthful is neutral, like Max White said, and joyous wilds was savage for good.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: December 15, 2010, 08:01:55 pm »

Okay, so if I only put a savage token, for instance, it will only show up in untamed wilds? Just making sure I've got this clear.

That's right.

GregHayes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.opengameforge.org
« Reply #1334 on: December 15, 2010, 08:02:57 pm »

Still making nobles. Done with some on the non-playable races, and almost compleatly done with one of two playable races, but this is realy giving me trouble. For some reason, my land holder nobles show up in the first embark. Annoying much? I want them to show when the fortress hits triggers, like the baron/count/duke.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I havn't yet finished with there many demands, but thats a detail I can work on once they show up as expected. Thanks again for any help.

That's an odd problem to have. What do you have LAND_HOLDER_TRIGGER:1 set to?
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 357