Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 419741 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #1275 on: December 12, 2010, 01:48:01 am »

Hopefuly this will be an easy one, hopefuly.

So I want stone weapons. No, not obsidian weapons, but common gutter stone (Still more valueable then common gutter elves, *ba dum, tish!), so I guess I need a reaction that takes a stone, and makes a weapon using the stone as a reagent, I can do that. I havn't got around to doing that YET, but I have read the section on modding reactions in the wiki and it seems alright. NOW heres the question. If I were to allow this reaction for a entity, would that entity start using weapons made from stone?

Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: December 12, 2010, 01:58:57 am »

I seem to be having the same issue as VATTIC. Can't get my creature to throw liquid globs, they always come out solid.

I've tried serval configurations withoutluck this being my latest.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I can't seem to get the syndrome to stick unless its liquid(tried with gas to confirm)
any thoughts?

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: December 12, 2010, 02:12:45 am »

liquid glob is kinda borked atm. You can try trailing gas flow or trailing vapor flow.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: December 12, 2010, 02:22:46 am »

So, I hear rumors that you can make sentient creatures butcherable with modding. Is this any more complicated than making EAT_SAPIENT_KILL/EAT_SAPIENT_OTHER acceptable in the entity file? Also, would this allow your race to butcher and eat the enemies you slay in combat?
Lately, I'm proud of MAGMA LANDMINES:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91789.0
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104354.0

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: December 12, 2010, 02:30:09 am »

Adding to the ever growing list of "help needed requests"...

The tags
[TWO_HANDED:x]
[MINIMUM_SIZE:y]

What do these tags imply, and what are reasonable ranges for the arguments? I would guess minimum size was the smallest it could be, but in the raws thats always larger then the thing itself...

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: December 12, 2010, 02:53:16 am »

Adding to the ever growing list of "help needed requests"...

The tags
[TWO_HANDED:x]
[MINIMUM_SIZE:y]

What do these tags imply, and what are reasonable ranges for the arguments? I would guess minimum size was the smallest it could be, but in the raws thats always larger then the thing itself...

Those weapon tags are requirements on the creature wielding the weapon. If the creature is smaller than TWO_HANDED, the weapon must he held in multigrasp. If the creature is smaller than MINIMUM_SIZE, the creature cannot wield the weapon at all. I believe both of these are meaningless in Adventure mode.
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: December 12, 2010, 02:55:09 am »

Hmm, noted.
This is good news! I intend to have large creatures with weapons made of stone, and this will allow me to make sure that no dwarf picks up a hammer and sheild twice its own size. Now I just need to make sure I can make entitys use stone weapons.

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: December 12, 2010, 03:06:37 am »

As for what sizes things should be, just, I dunno, poke around in item_weapon.txt until things make sense. Cross-reference with creature sizes; an adult dwarf has a size of 60000 (prone to fluctuations, genetics, and the like); all of the weapons dwarves can use have MINIMUM_SIZE under 60000, everything humans make has MINIMUM_SIZE under 70000 (the average size of an adult human) but some like 2hswords and halberds have TWO_HANDED over 70000, etc. So yeah, if your creatures are large, make sure they will have big BODY_SIZE and the MINIMUM_SIZE for their weapons is pretty big.

Also, by the way, I think there is no way whatsoever to have shields of different sizes, so you're outta luck on that front. Sorry!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: December 12, 2010, 03:08:50 am »

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...............

Ah well, I guess given enough effort a dwarf could lug a sheild the size of a table around and set it up in front of him, and the weight would affect his abilty to dodge, so it's acceptable.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: December 12, 2010, 03:57:19 am »

So, I hear rumors that you can make sentient creatures butcherable with modding. Is this any more complicated than making EAT_SAPIENT_KILL/EAT_SAPIENT_OTHER acceptable in the entity file? Also, would this allow your race to butcher and eat the enemies you slay in combat?

Correct, no, yes.

Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: December 12, 2010, 04:38:08 am »

liquid glob is kinda borked atm. You can try trailing gas flow or trailing vapor flow.
Ah well that would explain my frustration heh.

In that case, has anyone gotten secretion to work on teeth or claws/nails?
Code: [Select]
[SECRETION:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SALIVA:LIQUID:BY_CATEGORY:MOUTH:SCALE]Gets me secretion on the mouth by that dons't transfer on a bite.
I've tried both
[SECRETION:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SALIVA:LIQUID:BY_CATEGORY:GENERIC_TEETH_WITH_FANGS:TOOTH]and
[SECRETION:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SALIVA:LIQUID:BY_CATEGORY:GENERIC_TEETH_WITH_FANGS:R_FANG]and a few others as well with no luck.

edit:edited for lucidity
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 05:18:09 am by Nihilist »

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: December 12, 2010, 05:17:15 am »

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...............

Ah well, I guess given enough effort a dwarf could lug a sheild the size of a table around and set it up in front of him, and the weight would affect his abilty to dodge, so it's acceptable.

Well, more like that shields are not made according to the size of the race that makes it, so every shield is the same size. So, more like your stone trolls or whatever are carrying around dwarf-sized shields.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: December 12, 2010, 06:08:40 am »

Nihilist, try adding this to there bite attack
[SPECIALATTACK_INJECT_EXTRACT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:X:LIQUID:100:100]
X is the name of the SECRETION you are going to use.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: December 12, 2010, 06:14:13 am »

Nihilist, try adding this to there bite attack
[SPECIALATTACK_INJECT_EXTRACT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:X:LIQUID:100:100]
X is the name of the SECRETION you are going to use.
Ah Sorry, should have specified. I have that token working quite well. I'm wanting to use secretions for weaker poisons.

Guuo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: December 12, 2010, 07:41:50 am »

My crawler creature is missing a lot of skills to spend points on in adventure mode character creation. All he has is the basic combat skills like wrestling, kicking, throwing and such accompanied with swimming, knapping, observing and misc object using, spearman(wut?) and knife user(wut?). Something's seriously fucked up here.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 357