Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 419397 times)

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #1095 on: November 23, 2010, 04:17:24 pm »

Well, I've figured out that creating plants doesn't work well at all.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

LordBistian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: November 23, 2010, 05:10:23 pm »

I have a few questions about modding;

1. Are we able to remove skin,flesh,organs and fat to create an artificial, skeletal creature? Or is there any other way to force-undead a creature?
2. I modded a dragon to spawn normally and breathe necrotic gas. But somehow it never spawns. What tokens determine whether a creature spawns?
3. What would you do to make an acid, having it ignite at 0° or having a syndrome which causes blisters and pain?
4. Condensed Syndrome Gas on the floor, will it have effect on creatures walking past it?

Thanks in advance for any answers :3

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: November 23, 2010, 05:38:53 pm »

Quote from: LordBistian
Are we able to remove skin,flesh,organs and fat to create an artificial, skeletal creature? Or is there any other way to force-undead a creature?
From what I've seen, [REMOVE_MATERIAL:SKIN], [REMOVE_MATERIAL:FAT] work when applied under   [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS], so there should be a way to remove organs without killing a creature.
I modded a dragon to spawn normally and breathe necrotic gas. But somehow it never spawns. What tokens determine whether a creature spawns?
Dragons require a [POPULATION_NUMBER:(AMT)] and a [FREQUENCY:(AMT)] tag to spawn properly.
What would you do to make an acid, having it ignite at 0° or having a syndrome which causes blisters and pain?
Well, this would do it for the syndrome part. The creature affected would melt anyways.
      [SYNDROME]
         [SYN_NAME:dragon acid]
         [SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
         [SYN_CONTACT]
         [SYN_INHALED]      
         [CE_BLISTERS:SEV:100:PROB:100:BP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:ALL:START:0:PEAK:30:END:1200]
         [CE_PAIN:SEV:100:PROB:100:BP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:ALL:START:0:PEAK:30:END:1200]
Condensed Syndrome Gas on the floor, will it have effect on creatures walking past it?
Indeed.
Proud of my heritage.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: November 23, 2010, 05:42:20 pm »

Dragons require a [POPULATION_NUMBER:(AMT)] and a [FREQUENCY:(AMT)] tag to spawn properly.

They shouldn't explicitly require either of those things if I'm remembering correctly.

Make sure they have LARGE_ROAMING.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: November 23, 2010, 05:45:50 pm »

They shouldn't explicitly require either of those things if I'm remembering correctly.

Make sure they have LARGE_ROAMING.
Maybe that's why my "slaves" aren't appearing properly. . .
Proud of my heritage.

LordBistian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: November 23, 2010, 06:01:51 pm »

So, does a creature require a heart?

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: November 23, 2010, 06:08:40 pm »

If someone had the free time would it be possible for them to make a few mods for me? My attempts tend to lead to crashes or nothing happening. I'm really just looking for three things. Werewolves as a civ, a new type of wolf monster that has bones of slade, Dread Wolves, to fuck with you in fortress or adventure mode, and the ability to mine slade and use it to make armor and weapons.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: November 23, 2010, 06:18:07 pm »

Only if it has blood.

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: November 23, 2010, 06:44:16 pm »

Is it possible to make a reaction require the Knapping skill in Fortress Mode? And if so, what steps would I have to take to ensure Dwarves could preform that labour?

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: November 23, 2010, 11:27:27 pm »

They dont. Heart itself does nothing, it's the major artery that's latter attached to it which's critical. my adventurers have more then once got non-functioning heart without much issues.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

LordBistian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: November 24, 2010, 12:39:11 pm »

o_o

Mister Skeleton Mastadon is now invincible shit.
Appearently, no blood and flesh makes it unkillable.
Or possibly I need a major artery?

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: November 24, 2010, 12:51:19 pm »

Heart itself does nothing

So I'm guessing the CIRCULATION tag is obsolete, then?

o_o

Mister Skeleton Mastadon is now invincible shit.
Appearently, no blood and flesh makes it unkillable.
Or possibly I need a major artery?

It's not unkillable so long as it has body and head bodyparts. Severing the upper body, lower body or head will result in death regardless of whether the creature needs them or not. Of course, if it's big enough, removing the parts might be a little tricky...

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: November 24, 2010, 04:11:52 pm »

So I was looking at the new features added with this update. First thing I noticed were natural skills. It's about time Toady added something like this to the game. I don't have any questions about that though. What I do have a question about is the habits. Specifically, the habit USE_ANY_MELEE_WEAPON. Does this mean that a creature with this habit will always have a melee weapon? Or does it simply attempt to acquire a melee weapon whenever possible?
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: November 24, 2010, 04:16:16 pm »

I'd guess the latter, as I don't think we have full item tracking yet. It'd be interesting to see how such a capability plays out in the future (minotaurs stealing legendary weapons and such).

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #1109 on: November 24, 2010, 05:13:33 pm »

Are we able to remove skin,flesh,organs and fat to create an artificial, skeletal creature? Or is there any other way to force-undead a creature?
From what I've seen, [REMOVE_MATERIAL:SKIN], [REMOVE_MATERIAL:FAT] work when applied under   [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS], so there should be a way to remove organs without killing a creature.
Hmm, I'd try starting with the bronze colossus and replacing bronze with bone. That would be the easiest bone golem.
Maybe one could make a fun [CREATURE_VARIATION:ANIMAL_PERSON]  template for undeading. Something with   [CV_CONVERT_TAG] and the abovementioned material removals.

If someone had the free time would it be possible for them to make a few mods for me? My attempts tend to lead to crashes or nothing happening. I'm really just looking for three things. Werewolves as a civ, a new type of wolf monster that has bones of slade, Dread Wolves, to fuck with you in fortress or adventure mode, and the ability to mine slade and use it to make armor and weapons.
Genesis mod has werewolf civ with castes of varying size and ferocity. We have double-strength bones for badass beasts. Demonic cats to bite your ankles annoyingly.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 05:16:13 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 357