Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 419735 times)

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #930 on: October 17, 2010, 03:15:13 pm »

Im having some difficulty getting my wounded dwarves back up on their feet.

Since crutch-walking doesnt currently work i want all those dwarves with busted feet/legs to be healable

Currently im trying to add [HEALING_RATE:1000] to nerves in the tissue_template raw but it doesnt appear to be working...ideas?

Are you adding it to the save raws?  Each save has its own set of raw files.
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: October 17, 2010, 03:50:46 pm »

Okay I've made some progress by comparing the Lazy Newb Pack with Suika fortress. I'm however running into a problem. I can get it to load a different tileset, but it ISN'T loading the one in the graphics raw. So while I get a game that is using basically the right tiles... it's not using the specific ones for the Suikas.

Looking at Suika Fortress, I see nothing special to make the game load up the specific .bmp that has the right Suika sprites on it. Checking the wiki doesn't say anything either. I'm quite stumped.

EDIT:
*Tableflip*
I give up. I can't even figure out WHY this isn't working. It makes no sense, it's only loading the tileset used in the init.txt, but looking at the original Suika Fortress the settings also only go to the maydaycolor.png inside the /art folder, but it's loading the suika2.bmp from the /raw/object!

THIS DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE.

Action Interrupted: Throwing tantrum

EDIT2:
I found it out. I had forgotten the [OBJECT:GRAPHICS] tag.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 07:43:19 pm by krisslanza »

greenwatering

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: October 18, 2010, 01:12:10 am »

i'm using linux, whenever i edit a raw, the game flips it's sh*t.

i.e. if i edit plant_standard i get loads of unknown plant substance, if i edit  inorganic_stone_layer i get layers of native copper and can embark with slade and adamantine, if i edit inorganic_stone_soil there isn't soil at all, just layers of "rock" and the non-grass surface flickers

wtf is going on, is there any way for me to edit the raws with out these issues?

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #933 on: October 18, 2010, 02:01:23 am »

i'm using linux, whenever i edit a raw, the game flips it's sh*t.

i.e. if i edit plant_standard i get loads of unknown plant substance, if i edit  inorganic_stone_layer i get layers of native copper and can embark with slade and adamantine, if i edit inorganic_stone_soil there isn't soil at all, just layers of "rock" and the non-grass surface flickers

wtf is going on, is there any way for me to edit the raws with out these issues?

I've heard of this happening before, make sure there are no automatic backup files being made in the game directory by your text editor, as DF will read them irrespective of filetype and assume that you have duplicate entries in your raws.
Also known as Zuhayr.

greenwatering

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: October 18, 2010, 02:14:14 am »

i think i've found a work around:

copy and paste the text file outside of raw folder, edit, paste back into folder and replace text file.

that automatic backup thing sounds suspiciously suspicious, i'll have to look into it.

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #935 on: October 19, 2010, 09:33:14 am »

I'm in the early planning stages of a black-powder firearms mod, with as much accuracy as the game engine permits, and have two questions:

1. Does anyone know what SHOOT_FORCE and SHOOT_MAXVEL do? I think the latter is related to rate of fire somehow, but the wiki has not been helpful.

2. Do classes other than BOLT, AMMO and BLOWDART now work in item_ammo? They never seemed to in .40d.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: October 19, 2010, 03:37:38 pm »

1) I very may well be wrong, but FORCE seems to be related to the power that the ammo is fired with. Higher numbers seem to hit harder. MAXVEL is the speed of the ammo. I haven't played with these numbers much, but that seems to be what I came up with.

2) I have a "Throwing Glove" that Dwarves can use to "shoot" throwing axes, throwing knives, javelins, chakram, and a generic ball that I'm hoping to attach fire, ice and other things to when I get syndromes figured out. I also have a sling that fires bullets. So...yes.

My turn: What's the easy way to make a creature have, say, wood for skin? I want to mod in my Jotunn (treefolk) from my P&P game, but I just can't figure it out.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #937 on: October 19, 2010, 03:59:39 pm »

Good to know. I haven't systematically tested this yet, but I think anyone using a ranged weapon now has to wait until their shot has landed before loosing another.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: October 19, 2010, 04:52:24 pm »

My turn: What's the easy way to make a creature have, say, wood for skin? I want to mod in my Jotunn (treefolk) from my P&P game, but I just can't figure it out.

Define a tissue based on the material within the creature entry. Example:

Quote from: creature_standard.txt
[CREATURE:COLOSSUS_BRONZE]
    [TISSUE:BRONZE]
        [TISSUE_NAME:bronze:bronze]
        [TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:BRONZE]
        [MUSCULAR]
        [FUNCTIONAL]
        [STRUCTURAL]
        [RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]
        [CONNECTS]
        [TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]
    [TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:BRONZE]

As wood isn't defined as an inorganic material you'll want to localise the wood template first, then use that as the tissue mat:

[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:WOOD:WOOD_TEMPLATE]
    [TISSUE:WOOD]
        [TISSUE_NAME:wood:wood]
        [TISSUE_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:WOOD]
        [MUSCULAR]
        [FUNCTIONAL]
        [STRUCTURAL]
        [RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]
        [CONNECTS]
        [TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]
    [TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:WOOD]

That will, of course, make the entire thing out of wood.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: October 19, 2010, 07:45:28 pm »

Wait, where do I put that within the creature?

Edit: Nevermind, I got it. I think.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 08:05:39 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: October 20, 2010, 03:25:42 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(not in the same file, obviously)
The dwarfs I'm testing this with in arena never actually fire the sword beams(even if there is no way to attack) and instead just attack with the sword its self

ZeikHunter

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: October 20, 2010, 05:26:59 am »

ok, im a relatively new player with a conundrumm. 2 miners were encased in ice. runesmith got them out (somehow) and they went back to work, but their bodies were there when spring thaw came around. after i closed and reopened the game, those 2 are unable to move, breathe, or see. how do i fix this? runesmith isnt doing anything with them now, tho i can make them zombies.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: October 20, 2010, 06:37:35 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(not in the same file, obviously)
The dwarfs I'm testing this with in arena never actually fire the sword beams(even if there is no way to attack) and instead just attack with the sword its self

Dumb question time: Do they have any items called "sword beam"? They have to be carrying the physical object (ala bolts or arrows) to have ammo to fire.

Aarik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: October 20, 2010, 12:22:42 pm »

Quick question:

Is it possible to add reaction to the forge?

I want to make platinum hammers (Among other things.) and see if I can forge some exotic weapons.

Also: Why can't Slade be used in the arena anymore?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: October 20, 2010, 12:34:47 pm »

Quick question:

Is it possible to add reaction to the forge?
No. The smelter, kiln, tannery, and kitchen are currently the only workshops accepting new reactions (apart from custom workshops).

I want to make platinum hammers (Among other things.) and see if I can forge some exotic weapons.
If you want platinum weapons, you could also add the [ITEMS_WEAPON] tag to platinum. If you want weapons that are otherwise not craftable, reactions are the way to go though.

Also: Why can't Slade be used in the arena anymore?
Because it is no longer a metal. Adding [IS_METAL] to the slade raws should make it an option for arena mode again.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 357