Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 419794 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #915 on: October 14, 2010, 01:05:40 pm »

Huh. I never noticed that littersize was gone from the raws. I would assume that the default is 1:2, and that multiple_litter_rare simply makes the second child much rarer.

Do seeds created by reactions not trigger something necessary for the farm interface to realize you've got those seeds in your stocks? (They DO show up in the stocks screen..)
I've definitely heard about such a problem, so chances are that this is true.

I have a working reaction that converts food into steel.  Is there some way to limit this kind of reaction so that it only uses food of one level?  I'd like to have a different reaction for level 2 foods like soup and buiscuits, level 3 foods like stew and pie, and level 4 foods like steak and barbeque.
I don't think so.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Tigrath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: October 14, 2010, 06:20:17 pm »

Hi guys!

I finally got the alcohol reaction working!

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: October 15, 2010, 12:54:01 am »

I'm having a weird problem with all parts of a creature being colored 'amber'.  I set up the colors identically to how I've done it with creatures that work fine.  Here's just the color bits of the RAW:
Code: [Select]
    [SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:HAIR]
        [TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BROWN:1]
            [TLCM_NOUN:hair:SINGULAR]
    [SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SKIN]
        [TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:RUSSET:1]
            [TLCM_NOUN:skin:SINGULAR]
    [SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:EYE]
        [TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:WHITE:1]
            [TLCM_NOUN:eyes:PLURAL]

And the whole creature:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's pretty much just a giant grizzly bear that trails fire (the next step is to make duplicate tissues that don't catch on fire -- this is why it has two layers of muscle instead of fat; the fat melted pretty much right away).  Inspired by this.  I'd considered making a powder called 'spiders' that it would drop from its mouth, but getting the fire to work was the first step.
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: October 15, 2010, 03:41:17 pm »

-snip-

I've had this problem as well, and I've seen it show up on vanilla creatures to. I'm almost certain it is a random bug that you can't do anything about.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: October 15, 2010, 06:34:07 pm »

I'm good.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 06:52:55 pm by veok »

LightDarkDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: October 16, 2010, 02:48:24 pm »

I'm having some rather strange troubles with a custom workshop and its related reaction.

As a practice exercise I decided to put together a custom workshop of dimensions 1x1 that had a single training reaction.

I wrote up the raws for the workshop, the reaction, and altered the entity_default.txt file appropriately.
However I've had absolutely no success getting DF to display the reaction in the workshop menu at all. The reaction doesn't show up in the job manager screen either (in distinct contrast with Shukaro's troubles from July).

Here are the Raws I created:

building_desk.txt

reaction_desk.txt

Added these to the entity_default.txt

I've been through several world regens attempting to get this to work and nothing has shown up.
I also added in Shaostoul's Training buildings he provided on the wiki.
His buildings and reactions worked perfectly.

Needless to say, I'm greatly confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: October 16, 2010, 05:48:56 pm »

Does anybody have a sprite for a giant beetle? I've made one, and I'd like to try it out.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

JordanBBad

• Bay Watcher
  • nyak nyak nyak
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: October 16, 2010, 06:45:01 pm »

A few quick questions here too:

1.  Are containers affected by the temperature of its contents? For example, if I were to somehow place a !!rope reed sock!! inside of a unicorn leather backpack, would the backpack catch fire? Or, if it was an adamantine backpack, would convection come into play and burn my dwarven backhairs?

2.  If I remember correctly, Toady gave slade an [UNDIGGABLE] tag or something along those lines. If one were to place the tag on, say, an ore that shows up naturally as pockets in veins of coal, would I be right in saying that you could mine around the ore and collapse it to get to it?

Thanks in advance.

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: October 16, 2010, 06:51:26 pm »

2.  If I remember correctly, Toady gave slade an [UNDIGGABLE] tag or something along those lines. If one were to place the tag on, say, an ore that shows up naturally as pockets in veins of coal, would I be right in saying that you could mine around the ore and collapse it to get to it?

Natural walls aren't destroyed in cave ins, unlike constructed walls.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #924 on: October 17, 2010, 01:12:57 am »

A few quick questions here too:

1.  Are containers affected by the temperature of its contents? For example, if I were to somehow place a !!rope reed sock!! inside of a unicorn leather backpack, would the backpack catch fire? Or, if it was an adamantine backpack, would convection come into play and burn my dwarven backhairs?
I am inclined to say no, but I'm not certain.

Thanks in advance.
It's actually IMPACT_FRACTURE that determines if something is undiggable, I believe.  In any case, natural walls do not collapse into their component item.

[/quote]
Also known as Zuhayr.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: October 17, 2010, 12:24:16 pm »

Well the lignite in a bin stupid dwarf trick does apperantly require a magmasafe bin materiel doesn't it?  If I'm correct about that the contents could very well effect the holding materiel.

I was also going to post a building that I couldn't get to look right.  But during the copy paste process I noticed that all but the first set were all labeled TILE:1.  Which seemed to pretty much just mean it picked a random appearance for each construction phase and then ended up just appearing completely black when it finished.   Silly me.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: October 17, 2010, 12:38:42 pm »

I've been asking this in a few threads and only now just noticed this thread.  :-\

What I've been trying to figure out is how to use the Suika race from the Suika Fortress mod (so basically replace Dwarves with Suikas) and use any tileset I happen to have that looks pretty.

So ideally I guess mixing Suika Fortress (for the Suikas, not the -kurris) with say the Lazy Newb Pack. So I can build a Suika Fortress and have an army of Suikas bathing in the blood and severed limbs of goblins, kobolds, elves, and whatever else gets in my way.

I'm just not sure how to DO any of that at all. I don't imagine getting the Suika thing will be hard, but I'm not sure how to make the game use the Suika graphics, and then a specific tileset (I can't read ASCII at all).

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: October 17, 2010, 12:39:34 pm »

Im having some difficulty getting my wounded dwarves back up on their feet.

Since crutch-walking doesnt currently work i want all those dwarves with busted feet/legs to be healable

Currently im trying to add [HEALING_RATE:1000] to nerves in the tissue_template raw but it doesnt appear to be working...ideas?
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #928 on: October 17, 2010, 02:03:15 pm »

It's actually IMPACT_FRACTURE that determines if something is undiggable, I believe.
Not any more, the latest update added the [UNDIGGABLE] tag for making certain rocks undiggable.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: October 17, 2010, 03:05:26 pm »

An update from me! I got the game to turn Dorfs into Suikas... mostly. I haven't found out how to make it load the Suika graphic set however. I'm running with the newest Lazy Newb Pack and have transfered over the graphics for the Suikas, but I can't find a way to actually make the game use it.

it seems to just load the Phoebus tileset.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 357