Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 419656 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #735 on: September 17, 2010, 01:45:48 pm »

Adding in new weapons and armor is really simple and adds some nice flavor to the world.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: September 17, 2010, 02:11:58 pm »

I was looking at the wiki and I can't seem to find any list of tokens for custom buildings, or a guide for making them. Since I mainly used the wiki to learn what the various different tokens did, I'm at a loss about how to learn about building modding. Is there some page or guide I missed?
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

Durins Bane

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarves dug too deep...not big surprise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: September 17, 2010, 02:47:55 pm »

Problems with a new creature. Creature is supposed to be small, like a wolf. But apparently adding parts of the salt water crocodile raw file in has made it take on the description of "enormous", which I find strange. I can't seem to find the part of the file that deals with this. So far, the dimensions of the creature are equal to that of the wolf.

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: September 17, 2010, 03:11:08 pm »

Problems with a new creature. Creature is supposed to be small, like a wolf. But apparently adding parts of the salt water crocodile raw file in has made it take on the description of "enormous", which I find strange. I can't seem to find the part of the file that deals with this. So far, the dimensions of the creature are equal to that of the wolf.

It would help if you posted any of the raw files needed to generate the creature. Otherwise we can only speculate on what's wrong.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.

Durins Bane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: September 17, 2010, 03:16:09 pm »

It would help if you posted any of the raw files needed to generate the creature. Otherwise we can only speculate on what's wrong.

Crap, sorry.

Code: [Select]
[CREATURE:Velociraptor]
[DESCRIPTION:A small, cunning dinosaur that hunts in packs. Found in a variety of regions.]
[NAME:velociraptor:velociraptors:velociraptor]
[CASTE_NAME:velociraptor:velociraptors:velociraptor]
[CHILD:1][GENERAL_CHILD_NAME:velociraptor hatchling:velociraptor hatchlings]
[CREATURE_TILE:'v'][COLOR:138:0:0]
[LARGE_PREDATOR][MEANDERER]
[LARGE_ROAMING][FREQUENCY:5]
[BIOME:FOREST_TAIGA]
[BIOME:ANY_TEMPERATE_FOREST]
[BIOME:SHRUBLAND_TEMPERATE]
[POPULATION_NUMBER:10:20]
[CLUSTER_NUMBER:3:7]
[GRASSTRAMPLE:0][NATURAL]
[PETVALUE:50]
[PET_EXOTIC]
[BONECARN]
[PREFSTRING:cunning]
[BODY:HUMANOID:TAIL:2EYES:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:3FINGERS:4TOES:MOUTH:GENERIC_TEETH:RIBCAGE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS]
[REMOVE_MATERIAL:SKIN]
[REMOVE_MATERIAL:LEATHER]
[REMOVE_MATERIAL:HAIR]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SCALE:SCALE_TEMPLATE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_TISSUES]
[REMOVE_TISSUE:SKIN]
[REMOVE_TISSUE:HAIR]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:SCALE:SCALE_TEMPLATE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SCALE:FAT:MUSCLE:BONE:CARTILAGE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:CLAW:NAIL_TEMPLATE]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:CLAW:CLAW_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:TOE:CLAW:FRONT]
[SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:HEART:BY_CATEGORY:HEART]
[PLUS_TISSUE_LAYER:SCALE:BY_CATEGORY:THROAT]
[TL_MAJOR_ARTERIES]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_HEAD_POSITIONS]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HUMANOID_RIBCAGE_POSITIONS]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SINEW:SINEW_TEMPLATE]
[TENDONS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]
[LIGAMENTS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]
[HAS_NERVES]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:BLOOD_TEMPLATE]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:LIQUID]
[CREATURE_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[GETS_WOUND_INFECTIONS]
[GETS_INFECTIONS_FROM_ROT]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:PUS:PUS_TEMPLATE]
[PUS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:PUS:LIQUID]
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:4000]
[BODY_SIZE:1:0:20000]
[BODY_SIZE:2:0:40000]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:HEIGHT:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:BROADNESS:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[MAXAGE:10:20]
[ATTACK:BITE:CHILD_BODYPART_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:BY_CATEGORY:TOOTH]
[ATTACK_SKILL:BITE]
[ATTACK_VERB:bite:bites]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]
[ATTACK_FLAG_CANLATCH]
[ATTACK:SCRATCH:CHILD_TISSUE_LAYER_GROUP:BY_TYPE:STANCE:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:NAIL]
[ATTACK_SKILL:GRASP_STRIKE]
[ATTACK_VERB:scratch:scratches]
[ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
[DIURNAL]
[HOMEOTHERM:10070]
[SWIMS_INNATE][SWIM_SPEED:2500]
[MUNDANE]
[CASTE:FEMALE]
[FEMALE]
[CASTE:MALE]
[MALE]
[SELECT_CASTE:ALL]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SCALE]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:TAN:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:scales:PLURAL]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:EYE]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BLACK:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:eyes:PLURAL]
[SELECT_MATERIAL:ALL]
[MULTIPLY_VALUE:2]

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: September 17, 2010, 03:24:45 pm »

I'm assuming you are talking about the description "enormous" when you examine the creature in arena (if not, correct me). I made a bunch of velociraptors, and only some of them were described as enormous. So as far as I can tell, the problem you are describing doesn't exist, at least in my version. It could just be because of a glitch, which wouldn't surprise me since there are already other bugs involving descriptors (creatures always being amber).

The only error in the errorlog was about an unrelated issue involving the scratch attack not having a properly defined bodypart. That's something you want to fix though.
[NOPAIN] no gain.

Durins Bane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: September 17, 2010, 03:29:54 pm »

I'm assuming you are talking about the description "enormous" when you examine the creature in arena (if not, correct me). I made a bunch of velociraptors, and only some of them were described as enormous. So as far as I can tell, the problem you are describing doesn't exist, at least in my version. It could just be because of a glitch, which wouldn't surprise me since there are already other bugs involving descriptors (creatures always being amber).

The only error in the errorlog was about an unrelated issue involving the scratch attack not having a properly defined bodypart. That's something you want to fix though.

Actually, that's another problem I was trying to fix lol. Thanks. And ya, it just seemed weird that some tiny velociraptor was described as "fat and enourmous". Not that it effects gameplay, just an aesthetic issue.

New problem:

Code: [Select]
[CREATURE:TYRANNOSAURUS_REX]
[DESCRIPTION:A gargantuan predatory dinosaur, one of the largest known. Overpowers its prey with unmatched strength.]
[NAME:tyrannosaurus:tyrannosaurs:tyrannosaurus]
[CASTE_NAME:tyrannosaurus:tyrannosaurs:tyrannosaurus]
[CHILD:3][GENERAL_CHILD_NAME:tyrannosaur hatchling:tyrannosaur hatchlings]
[CREATURE_TILE:'T'][COLOR:4:0:0]
[PETVALUE:700]
[PET_EXOTIC]
[MOUNT_EXOTIC]
[BIOME:FOREST_TAIGA]
[BIOME:ANY_TEMPERATE_FOREST]
[BIOME:SHRUBLAND_TEMPERATE]
[LARGE_ROAMING][FREQUENCY:5][DIFFICULTY:2]
[POPULATION_NUMBER:5:10]
[CLUSTER_NUMBER:1:3]
[CARNIVORE][NATURAL]
[MEANDERER]
[LARGE_PREDATOR]
[GRASSTRAMPLE:20]
[PREFSTRING:strength]
[BODY:HUMANOID:TAIL:2EYES:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:2FINGERS:3TOES:MOUTH:GENERIC_TEETH_WITH_LARGE_EYE_TEETH:RIBCAGE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS]
[REMOVE_MATERIAL:SKIN]
[REMOVE_MATERIAL:LEATHER]
[REMOVE_MATERIAL:HAIR]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SCALE:SCALE_TEMPLATE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_TISSUES]
[REMOVE_TISSUE:SKIN]
[REMOVE_TISSUE:HAIR]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:SCALE:SCALE_TEMPLATE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SCALE:FAT:MUSCLE:BONE:CARTILAGE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:CLAW:NAIL_TEMPLATE]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:CLAW:CLAW_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:TOE:CLAW:FRONT]
[SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:HEART:BY_CATEGORY:HEART]
[PLUS_TISSUE_LAYER:SCALE:BY_CATEGORY:THROAT]
[TL_MAJOR_ARTERIES]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_HEAD_POSITIONS]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HUMANOID_RIBCAGE_POSITIONS]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SINEW:SINEW_TEMPLATE]
[TENDONS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]
[LIGAMENTS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]
[HAS_NERVES]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:BLOOD_TEMPLATE]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:LIQUID]
[CREATURE_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[GETS_WOUND_INFECTIONS]
[GETS_INFECTIONS_FROM_ROT]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:PUS:PUS_TEMPLATE]
[PUS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:PUS:LIQUID]
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:200000]
[BODY_SIZE:1000:0:25000000]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:HEIGHT:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:BROADNESS:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[MAXAGE:60:100]
[ATTACK:BITE:CHILD_BODYPART_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:BY_CATEGORY:TOOTH]
[ATTACK_SKILL:BITE]
[ATTACK_VERB:bite:bites]
[ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
[ATTACK_FLAG_CANLATCH]
[ALL_ACTIVE]
[SWIMS_INNATE][SWIM_SPEED:2500]
[MUNDANE]
[CASTE:FEMALE]
[FEMALE]
[CASTE:MALE]
[MALE]
[SELECT_CASTE:ALL]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SCALE]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BROWN:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:scales:PLURAL]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:EYE]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:AMBER:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:eyes:PLURAL]
[SELECT_MATERIAL:ALL]
[MULTIPLY_VALUE:3]

T-rex has arms, and can apparently use them, despite not having it defined in the raw (If that's even the way to do it?). Raw was based off the Saltwater croc, so it shouldn't have designation to use the arms, besides their existence.

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: September 17, 2010, 03:43:18 pm »

The base of that T-Rex is the HUMANOID body. The hands in the humanoid body have the [GRASP] token. If you don't want your T-Rex using its hands, you'd have to make it a new body that has the [GRASP] tag removed from the hands.

Spoiler: Try this (click to show/hide)

That's just the humanoid body with the [GRASP] tags removed.

[NOPAIN] no gain.

Durins Bane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: September 17, 2010, 04:01:03 pm »

I did what you said, added the new "NO_GRASP" humanoid body into the body_default file, and added the line to the Trex's file, but I've had no success. Trexs are still strangling each other lol.

Though I've managed to add a kick move to the velociraptors, and gave it a cutting effect.

EDIT: Specifically, they are grabbing with their lower and upper arms...as strange as that is.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 04:33:49 pm by Durins Bane »

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: September 17, 2010, 04:33:23 pm »

I did what you said, added the new "NO_GRASP" humanoid body into the body_default file, and added the line to the Trex's file, but I've had no success. Trexs are still strangling each other lol.

Though I've managed to add a kick move to the velociraptors, and gave it a cutting effect.

Oh, that's the problem. I thought the problem was that they were picking up and equiping weapons. Which is actually pretty dumb on my part since that raw lacks the [EQUIPS] token.

Anyways, I admit I don't know much about body parts beyond the basics so my ability to help is limited. I'm not entirely sure what determines if a limb can be used in wrestling. Sorry.

[NOPAIN] no gain.

Durins Bane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: September 17, 2010, 04:35:12 pm »

Oh, that's the problem. I thought the problem was that they were picking up and equiping weapons. Which is actually pretty dumb on my part since that raw lacks the [EQUIPS] token.

Anyways, I admit I don't know much about body parts beyond the basics so my ability to help is limited. I'm not entirely sure what determines if a limb can be used in wrestling. Sorry.

Ah, no big deal. I'll look around and try to find the info. If you didn't see my edit: They are actually grasping things with their upper/lower arms/legs haha.

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: September 17, 2010, 04:44:31 pm »

Ah, no big deal. I'll look around and try to find the info. If you didn't see my edit: They are actually grasping things with their upper/lower arms/legs haha.

That's just bizarre. You could try removing the [LIMB] tags from the upper and lower arms. That would render them nonfunctional, but since it's a T-Rex that doesn't really matter. You might also want to drastically lower the [DEFAULT_RELSIZE] of the arms. That would make them really small.
[NOPAIN] no gain.

Durins Bane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: September 17, 2010, 04:50:40 pm »

That's just bizarre. You could try removing the [LIMB] tags from the upper and lower arms. That would render them nonfunctional, but since it's a T-Rex that doesn't really matter. You might also want to drastically lower the [DEFAULT_RELSIZE] of the arms. That would make them really small.
Holy crap it worked! Two fights, both Trexs. One is 5 pages long, the other is 8. No grabbing, all bites.

Also, really good idea about the arm size. Now there's only the problem of what to do with the Spinosaur and Velociraptor...I want them to use their arms to scratch, but I don't want them to grasp.

Edit: Ha! I added Spinosaurus to the "humanoid_nograsp" body type, and it can still scratch! Dunno if it can still grab though, still testing.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 04:57:32 pm by Durins Bane »

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: September 17, 2010, 05:39:53 pm »

So I tired weapon modding, as was recommended.

I made a weapon entry in the item_weapon file for it, is there anything else I need to add in order for my dwarves to be able to make it?
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: September 17, 2010, 05:43:46 pm »

Yeah, you need to add the weapon to dwarves entity section in entity_default.txt.

Also, while it won't cause any major problems, you're usually better off adding new stuff to a new file instead of the existing files. That way you don't have to worry about copying your changes back in if Toady updates the file during a release. It also helps when merging mods, since it's a lot easier to keep things straight if all of the mods use different files than if you have to do a lot of cutting and pasting from file to file.

All of my weapons are in item_weapon_cf.txt for Civilization Forge, for example.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 357