Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 419862 times)

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #585 on: August 09, 2010, 01:22:43 pm »

Okay, I've made a custom race and entity (mostly copied from dwarves) and genned a world, embarked. Now they won't cut wood or mine, but they'll haul happily. They have the jobs enabled etc. They seem to be refusing to go pick up the axe or pick. Entity and creature files are as follows:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyone got any ideas? The errorlog gives no errors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: August 09, 2010, 01:24:10 pm »

They're too small to use axes or picks. You'll have to either make them bigger, change the sizes allowed for those items, or make new small versions that they can use.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #587 on: August 09, 2010, 01:24:58 pm »

Sod. Of course it'd be something like that. Cheers.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: August 09, 2010, 07:57:33 pm »

Changing the sizes of items is really really easy. I have a shovel that the Kobolds use to dig in my semi-modded game of DF, if you'd like that.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: August 10, 2010, 02:10:23 am »

How would I go about using things like feathers and vials of liquid to construct buildings?
くコ:彡

SkyShadowing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: August 10, 2010, 11:01:12 am »

Is it possible to limit noble positions by caste? Like, say, if somebody made a multi-racial (represented through caste) society, and had different leadership positions for each "race"? Like Human King, Dwarf King, Elf King, etc.?

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: August 10, 2010, 02:24:26 pm »

no. castes are also not genetic, and your dwarves will happily give birth to humans and elves

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: August 10, 2010, 03:10:40 pm »

Is it possible to limit noble positions by caste? Like, say, if somebody made a multi-racial (represented through caste) society, and had different leadership positions for each "race"? Like Human King, Dwarf King, Elf King, etc.?
Yes. Give the castes in question a [CREATURE_CLASS:blah] tag, and the position the according [ALLOWED_CLASS:blah] tag. So if you want an elf king in your civ, give the elf castes of your creature the [CREATURE_CLASS:ELF_CASTE], and give the elf king position the [ALLOWED_CLASS:ELF_CASTE] token, and so forth with the other castes and positions. It's probably not necessary to give the creature class a different name from the creature/caste, but that should keep you on the safe side. Another caveat is that Dwarf Mode nobles/appointments seem to ignore such restrictions, whether by intent or by bug.

But yes, castes are not genetic.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: August 10, 2010, 04:14:44 pm »

Okay, dumb question time. I know there's probably not enough information here to hazard a guess at the root cause, but here goes.

First thing first. I modded wolfram into my game, as well as cobalt and antimony. Wolfram is what we're focused on here.

Dwarven traders arrive. At first, the only thing I think is odd is that they have a Goblin Outpost Liaison with them. However, upon unpausing, something looked like it blew up. So, I quickly paused the game, and in their inventory notice "boiling wolfram" and "boiling black wolfram", among tons of other stuff. So, I have my wtf moment, unpause the game, get two more "explosions" and everything returns to normal. No one and nothing is killed, and the traders reach my depot safely. They are not carrying any wolfram of any kind.

The liaison has moved all of three squares over a month. When it's time for the traders to leave, they pack their stuff up, and the liaison rushes toward my fortress...and then the game crashes out.

For what it's worth, if I make any W/BW items in the fortress, there are no problems with them.

Here's Wolfram:

and Black Wolfram:

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: August 10, 2010, 04:26:05 pm »

[MELTING_POINT:5000]
   [BOILING_POINT:9000]

I'm fairly sure that's wrong. Remember that the Urist scale is F+9968 (9000 is below underground temperature).

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: August 10, 2010, 04:33:16 pm »

Thanks. I'm monkeying with that now. I didn't know the specific numbers, so I took a shot in the dark.

drayath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 11, 2010, 04:57:27 am »

Hi,
   I am trying to restrict a reaction involving furniture to wooden items only, any idea what exactly i need to specify?
The following was my assumption but the reaction shows in the workshop if just rock chairs are available

[REACTION:CHARCOAL_BURNING_CHAIR]
[NAME:make charcoal from chair (furnace)]
[BUILDING:FURNACE_CHARCOAL:'n']
[REAGENT:A:1:WOOD:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:B:1:CHAIR:NONE:PLANT_MAT:NONE:WOOD]
[PRODUCT:100:3:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:COAL:CHARCOAL]
[PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[SKILL:WOOD_BURNING]

Is it possible to specify the required (or ideally a range or min of max) quality for reaction reagents?
Drayath's Gem Splitting Workshop - Split large gems and gem trinkets into numbers of small gems.
Drayath's Seed Brewery - Convert bags of spare seeds into useful booze.

PupkinV

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: August 14, 2010, 05:30:22 am »

Is there a way to add new fluid in DF? I tried to make a new material, which would melt at 9000 dw-degrees. But it melted pool with depth of 1 / 7 and very quickly evaporates.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: August 14, 2010, 05:40:08 am »

Is there a way to add new fluid in DF?

Nope. Fluids are two, water and magma, and are hardcoded.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Valience

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 14, 2010, 03:04:50 pm »

I have a question and a suggest. Not in that order.

Suggestion: Could we (read:you <3) compile a list of questions/answers in the first post? Or somewhere else and link to it in the first post? No offense, but searching 40 pages for the answer to a question seems like more work than just asking the question again on the last page.

Question: If I set the mental/physical/personality attributes on the creature level, will placing them a second time at the caste level overwrite the creature level specification, or do I have to set the whole gamut of options for each caste individually?

For example, in psuedo code with uninteresting bits left out
Code: [Select]
[creature:kobold]
[intelligent]
[Body setup]
[General attribute setups for the race]

[CASTE:AWESOME_KOBOLD]
[LIKES_FIGHTING]
[Physical Attribute:Awesomeness:Over 9000]

[CASTE:KOBOLD_SHAMAN]
[FLEE_QUICK]
[Mental Attribute:Intuition:Really High]

Regardless of what I said previously, DF elves don't chop. They merely coax the wood out of a tree in a manner which is probably sexual. So yes, they are terrible, terrible beings.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 357