Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 420028 times)

drayath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #555 on: July 25, 2010, 09:10:48 pm »

A query, is it possible to configure a reaction to specifically train a dwarfs attributes when completed?

Was hoping a have a gym that through rewards (reagents alcohol and food) trains up dwarfs physical attributes.

On a separate tag related note is there any proper way to make a reaction take longer (e.g. x5 multiplier) directly?
Can do it via tweaking reagent and output products (E.g. [Reagent:20:...] [product:20:...] instead of [Reagent:100:...] [product:100:...]   should be at 5 times slower plus time due to likely extra hauling) but seems a bit messy (and not sure how it will impact with skill gain speed).
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 10:15:52 pm by drayath »
Drayath's Gem Splitting Workshop - Split large gems and gem trinkets into numbers of small gems.
Drayath's Seed Brewery - Convert bags of spare seeds into useful booze.

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: July 25, 2010, 10:09:08 pm »

I don't believe there is a way to specifically train attributes, only indirectly through skill gains and hauling and stuff.

As for the time required, it isn't possible to directly modify it, but you can indirectly affect it by upping the reagent cost (= more time spent hauling).
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 10:11:47 pm by Shukaro »
Urist McHauler Cancels Give Food: Patient Insane
------------------------------------------------------------------
Mouse Fortress | Custom Menu and Hotkey Framework
Dwarven Higher Learning Mod | Alternative Skill Training

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: July 26, 2010, 05:32:53 am »

I plan to start to work on a mod for DF, so I will have crapload of questions in the future I guess...:D..but for now, I would like to know this: how can I change the fire rate of the ranged weapons?

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: July 26, 2010, 05:46:54 am »

I plan to start to work on a mod for DF, so I will have crapload of questions in the future I guess...:D..but for now, I would like to know this: how can I change the fire rate of the ranged weapons?
I'm fairly certain rate of fire is hardcoded.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: July 26, 2010, 06:10:25 am »

I'm fairly certain rate of fire is hardcoded.

Argh...I thought that it's not hardcoded anymore. :|

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: July 26, 2010, 09:46:29 am »

I haven't seen any indication of any change to the way a crossbow's rate of fire is handled sadly.  It would be pretty neat to make a mini ballissta crossbow that fires a huge bolt at high velocities but reloads at something like 1/10th the normal speed.  But sadly, that is not yet possible.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

PupkinV

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: July 28, 2010, 03:13:10 pm »

Hi to all!

1. I can make reaction with Adamantine Ore as product?

I try use this code:
Spoiler: Gold to A! (click to show/hide)
but as result i am catch Adamantine Strands only.

2. How to make reverse reaction - From Adamantine (strands / ore - prefer ore :) ) to Metal ore?
At this case i am used this code:
Spoiler: A. to ORE (click to show/hide)
but at this reaction in output i gets nothing :(

(Sry for spelling - Eng is not my native language)

Tyrius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: July 29, 2010, 03:46:52 pm »

Some of the guys earlier were talking about using ice (the boulder left from digging out frozen water tiles) in reactions. Because I've not been able to find any useful information about using these boulders in reactions, I thought I'd drop in what I've been able to find out.

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:ICE_BLOCKS]
[NAME:compact ice into blocks]
[BUILDING:ICE_CARVER:CUSTOM_B]
[REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:WATER]
[PRODUCT:100:2:BLOCKS:NONE:NONE:WATER][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[SKILL:SMELT]

Currently this uses the 'ice' boulder as a reagent perfectly, although only produces a grey 'block' with no discernible value or weight. I'm currently experimenting to see if I need to add a custom stone named 'Ice' to make my Ice blocks (and statues ;)) or whether it's possible to use the existing boulder material. I suspect it's gonna mean me learning to create a stone type :(
because that's not the dwarven way. Could you make more statues of Urist instead of an impossibly large one chiseled out of the mountain? Sure, you could. If you want to be called a ninny elf by all your friends.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: July 29, 2010, 04:32:31 pm »

Ice sculptures FTW. Can't wait to see what people figure out.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tyrius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: July 29, 2010, 04:49:22 pm »

Bit of an update, I've had to create a generic 'ice' stone, which annoys me slightly, but meh.
 So far I've got the blocks working perfectly, and as MaximumZero figured out, Statues are next. Any other suggestions people have for Ice items?
because that's not the dwarven way. Could you make more statues of Urist instead of an impossibly large one chiseled out of the mountain? Sure, you could. If you want to be called a ninny elf by all your friends.

ChickenLips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
RESIN -> LACQUER -> LACQUERED WOOD?
« Reply #565 on: July 29, 2010, 05:00:43 pm »

Alright.  I'm dipping my toes into modding, and who ever wants to start out on easy stuff?

Despite the apparent warning sign of past threads discussing it, but it never having been fully implemented (Lofn's Wanderer's Friend provides some guidance, but it doesn't have resin implemented for any specific use yet), I'm trying to make reactions and associated materials for the following:

(1) Extracting resin from wood of any sort.
(2) Extracting resin from "Lacquerwood Plant," a farmable plant conceptually based on RL lacquer trees that will serve the purpose for civs that lack access to plentiful trees yet are intended to use resin fairly extensively.  (Haven't created the plant yet.)
(3) Processing resin into lacquer.  (This intermediate step could be skippable, but it seems interesting to me.)
(4) Reactions to create lacquered wooden armor and crafts, with lacquered armor of respectable characteristics, either directly from lacquer and wood, or from a third intermediate product, "lacquerwood."
(5) Possibly, a reaction to create "bars" of lacquerwood to be used as a third and final intermediate product (and, incidentally, for constructions if so desired).

I've researched a bit (including Shaostoul's guide) and gotten a few parts done, but it's still a bit confusing, and I could definitely use some guidance.  I'd much appreciate it if someone could take a look at what I've got so far and tell me if I'm on the right track.

RESIN-MAKING REACTION
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

RESIN MATERIAL TEMPLATE
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Do not meddle in the affairs of chickens, for you are crunchy and taste like a good seedgrain.

(You are not a seedgrain?  Of course, you and I know that very well.  But does the chicken know it?)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: July 30, 2010, 12:57:10 am »

I know that this is a pretty dumb question, but how can I make it so that a certain butchered animal will produce items, like armor?

Also, will the products be subject to the bug where the items (if they are clothes) will always be too big for the creator?
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #567 on: July 30, 2010, 01:41:37 am »

I'd go through it in more detail but I'm in a little bit of a hurry so I'll just address a couple of lines.

[HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:RESIN_MAT] -- ??
This makes sure the reaction only takes an item made of a material with the MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT called RESIN_MAT...
[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:RESIN_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:RESIN]  <---- need to figure what should go in this last "RESIN" spot
...which is defined here.  RESIN is the name of the material as defined inside the plant raws; ie. USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:RESIN:RESIN_TEMPLATE or whatever.  RESIN_MAT is whatever you want to refer to in your HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT token, you can call it whatever you like.
Also known as Zuhayr.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: July 30, 2010, 02:31:17 am »

I want to test out a reaction I made in a fortress, so I genned a world, and embarked on a cave, walled the cave off (four giants lived inside) and begun setting up a metal industry, when I realized I didn't have an anvil. So, I'm modifying a reaction to make an iron anvil, but I'm stuck on how to write it.

Also, do you have to gen a new world if you want to see the changes made in the entity_default in-game?

Also, can someone please check that for errors? I know there must be some. I know there isn't a title thing.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 02:34:51 am by NewsMuffin »

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #569 on: July 30, 2010, 02:53:31 am »

Also, do you have to gen a new world if you want to see the changes made in the entity_default in-game?
It seems to depend on what you're changing.  I added permitted reactions to the entity files of a saved game and they showed up when I loaded my save, but they were reactions present in the raws when I genned the world, so I don't quite know how that works.

Also, can someone please check that for errors? I know there must be some. I know there isn't a title thing.
METAL should be INORGANIC, but it will take any bars that are inorganic.  This shouldn't be a problem unless you are producing bars of other materials with custom reactions.
WEAPONSMITHING should be FORGE_WEAPON.  Reactions use skill tokens rather than profession tokens.
Why are you using a 75% chance of creating the blade?  Why not just make it 100?
Also known as Zuhayr.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 357