Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 420081 times)

Toast024

• Bay Watcher
  • Goes good with jam or butter.
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #525 on: July 14, 2010, 08:49:34 pm »

You can't get infected if you don't have blood D:
The learning curve of the df forums should be equal to that of df itself.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: July 16, 2010, 04:41:53 pm »

After rifling through a few topics, I have decided to start modding again. And I want to start early before the next major release so I don't feel like my time was wasted by an untimely release.

I want to know if these types of things are possible to create.

A type of creature that mainly consists of a few body parts. It's skin is more of a colored energy field. That being, I don't plan on having them feel pain or eat, drink, sleep. They're mostly flavor but should be fun to use in adventure mode.

Just think of them as an unsupported sheet (sheet being energy field) with something resembling a "head" in the middle.

A critter from an old modded game I made. I can't remember everything about it; I deleted the files at some point but it basically consisted of this: Two heads (hm... yeah, it did), four body sections that were set up as a kind of square (I use that term loosely), those four body parts were connected by a string type tissue layer that also functioned as the circulatory system and a "core" that functioned as a heart and held those four body parts together. I was actually quite impressed by how it worked in the 40d days.

In my modded game, I actually had rifles being used. They were used to very, very, very, very, very fun means. A single shot by a novice marksperson could launch creatures forty or more tiles away. I want to know, if with the current version of bludgeon damage to weight could still have this happen without ammo being more than a few oh... I don't know metric tons heavy!?

Also, I don't really care right now if ranged weapons are a bit bugged, besides, those rifles also had bayoneted varieties.

Also, this should work in this version, but I just want to make sure. In that modded DF, I made it that when ever invaders were caught in cage traps, they could be sold for a hefty profit to the caravan as "slaves". I'm pretty sure it's still doable, I just want to make sure.

Another thing I had was varying levels of Damage block tag for critters. For some reason I can't seem to find it in the raws.

How do I go about changing the toughness for creatures?

What are some of the more interesting things you can do with workshops?

That's about all I have so far. Thank you modders in advance.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

P_aul

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: July 17, 2010, 05:42:07 pm »

My first post here so first of all - Hello ;)

And now to the questions. I've been playing DF for some time and recently started to play around with modding (which you could have guesed as I'm writing in this seciotn of forums...) and I think I understand basics. Now my problem is:
I want to make some kind of "dark altar" workshop that would create steel enchanted with dark powers or smthin like that ;) What I can't do is to make reaction with blood. Is it possible? I've tried playing with tags but either dorfs don't use anything or they cancel task with "need blood" message, even though they have full barrels of it. If I understand it correctly that is exactly the problem - blood is in barrel ie. inaxcesible forever :) Or am I just missing something? I've already tried searching for answer in this thread and on the forum and I only got failed attempt of making blood cheese...

Oh and on the side note, also for my "dark altar" - is it possible to make sacrifises? As in set living creature as reagent? Or make some nice workaround?
Thanks for help ;)
"Fezzes are cool"

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: July 17, 2010, 08:21:31 pm »

need raw green glass to save a moody dwarf

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 19, 2010, 02:31:19 am »

Is it me or do reactions which request "has material reaction product" specific materials still use ANY creature bodypart but produce generic "stuff" if you take not a specified material?

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:WEAVE_HAIR]
[NAME:weave thread from hair]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:A:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][USE_BODY_COMPONENT][UNROTTEN]
[HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:THREAD_MAT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:THREAD:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:THREAD_MAT][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:15000]
[SKILL:WEAVER]
When I use this reaction on bear hair it produces "bear skin thread" but I can also select bear teeth or bones, and it produces a generic "thread". Is there a way to fix it on my end, or is it a DF bug?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #530 on: July 19, 2010, 02:48:13 am »

It's a bug, I've reported it on the tracker.  It seems to completely ignore the material reaction product tokens - I got dragon eye tissue thread a few times.
Also known as Zuhayr.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #531 on: July 19, 2010, 06:09:38 pm »

Testing Genesis-mod adventurer knapping/reactions.

Bear is butchered with hand axe. Hmm its nerves are not edible, not raw at least.
Slaking your thirst by licking blood spatters is a little silly.

I guess gather wood is kinda hard, you somehow have to climb on top of a growing tree first? (later: use stone axe anywhere, makes logs)
Small chert rock, no go in knapping.
"You pick up the blanked mire."
Loophole: gather plants from nowhere, make ginseng thread.
A few Camel kicks, goblin adventurer is dead.

New world and adventurer. Butchering practice. What is "black bear fat laced with water"?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

TheSummoner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: July 19, 2010, 06:14:41 pm »

Is there a way I could make projectiles more effective? I'm not looking for the overkill that bolts were in the old versions, but being able to pierce cloth would be nice.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 19, 2010, 06:41:53 pm »

Is there a way I could make projectiles more effective? I'm not looking for the overkill that bolts were in the old versions, but being able to pierce cloth would be nice.

Under Crossbow in item_weapon.txt, try putting +40% or +70% more to the following parameters:
[SHOOT_FORCE:2000]
[SHOOT_MAXVEL:35]
Then test the (wood, bone, copper, bronze, iron, steel) bolts in arena versus all kinds of armor.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image

TheSummoner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: July 19, 2010, 06:59:33 pm »

No noticable difference.

I even increased the force tenfold but they were still bouncing off of cloth.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 19, 2010, 07:03:43 pm »

Have you guys tried modding the bolts to have a slightly larger penetration size and velocity, or just the crossbow itself?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

TheSummoner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: July 19, 2010, 07:07:36 pm »

I've tried both, as well as increasing the density of the wood.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: July 19, 2010, 07:31:50 pm »

I even increased the force tenfold but they were still bouncing off of cloth.

I've noticed that elven wooden swords are crap, and extra crap because currently Robe and Cloak
spread the incoming damage over a BIG surface area. Expect changes in 31.11 and 31.12.

TheSummoner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: July 19, 2010, 07:48:17 pm »

I guess 31.11 and 31.12 cant come soon enough then...

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: July 20, 2010, 09:52:27 am »

Wait, bolts are unable to pierce cloth?  From what I've seen in Dwarf Mode and Arena mode bolts seem to regularly pierce EVERYTHING now after that last update.  I've seen iron bolts bolts go through steel without even slowing down in arena, using vanilla crossbows and vanilla bolts.  And completely unskilled crossbow users tear apart goblins wearing both cave spider silk and iron armor in dwarf mode using only slightly more powerful crossbow variants.

Yer not using the old raws for crossbows and bolts are you?  The new penetration size of 2 (down from the old size of 100) seems to have turned bolts into tiny little sharp projectiles that only adamantine can protect against at all.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 09:55:42 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 357