Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 420069 times)

soul4hdwn

• Bay Watcher
  • make due with what you have
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #510 on: July 12, 2010, 01:52:03 pm »

Quick question in concerns to modding ranged weapons, and weapons in general, can anyone tell me the meanings of this little string?

[ATTACK:EDGE:2:2000:stab:stabs:NO_SUB:1000]

That particular example is from bolts. Any additional informations on modifying weapons will be appreciated.

The format is ATTACK:EDGE/BLUNT:contact area:penetration size:verb2nd:verb3rd:noun:velocity multiplier
Penetration size currently only matters for edged attacks.

copied from the ITEM_WEAPON file...
and

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=61160.0 from toady
(*)fixed swing velocity calculation for weapons
(*)changed contact area and size for bolts
(*)changed contact area calculations for body parts
(*)various changes to weapon raws
(*)changed edge/impact calculations

he changed the weapons, ammo, and metals to have "better math" in summary.

JagoBallium

• Bay Watcher
  • Bringer of the Dawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 12, 2010, 04:20:38 pm »

I'm fairly new to modding in 2010 and could use some help with getting this syndrome/poison thingy to work. What I'm aiming for is a creature with acidic blood (at least as close as I can get in DF terms). so far I have this put into the raws:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

any help is appreciated :)

soul4hdwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 12, 2010, 05:09:48 pm »

I'm fairly new to modding in 2010 and could use some help with getting this syndrome/poison thingy to work. What I'm aiming for is a creature with acidic blood (at least as close as I can get in DF terms). so far I have this put into the raws:

any help is appreciated :)

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=53070 already done for you

JagoBallium

• Bay Watcher
  • Bringer of the Dawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 12, 2010, 05:12:18 pm »

ah thanks, didn't realize they had already been created. The idea just came to me as an awesome creature to mod in. Should have searched the forums first though x.x

Captin Idgit

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: July 12, 2010, 05:13:20 pm »

I'm working on my first mod and its going fairly well. I haven't tested it in fortress mode yet (I'm new enough that i expect to encounter Fun before it). But it works ok in the arena. However I do have a few problems with it.

1. Its magma core keeps freezeing and falling out (producing the message in triplicate in its description and leaveing a trail of basalt). I think this is simmilar to the problem with the magma blood discussed earlier, but i dont know the values needed to fix this.

2. In the arena it has a habit of grabbing goblins with its wing and proceding to beat them up. Is there any way to make it stop (the wing grabbing I mean not the beating up of goblins, that parts fine :P)?

3. Is there some way i can get it to spawn with a sword and or whip for it to use?

Most of the basecode is stolen from bronze colossi and magma men.

atomfullerene

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 12, 2010, 06:10:22 pm »

I'm wanting to make a workshop that would essentially allow me to create plants or trees in a given location: IE a one tile custom workshop with no jobs that uses a shrub or tree tile as its visual representation.  Any suggestions?

alexxeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 12, 2010, 06:13:09 pm »

Looking at the body parts, are fins and flippers purely cosmetic in nature?

Also what are the extra finger and toe entries, IE- [BODY:3TOES_FQ], [BODY:5TOES_RQ_ANON]

Thank you in advance. (utter newbie still)

Toast024

• Bay Watcher
  • Goes good with jam or butter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: July 12, 2010, 08:05:00 pm »

Hey, I am new to Dwarf Fortress modding, and I was wondering if it was possible to make a syndrome that "healed" dwarfs. By heal, I mean put all the body parts back into the white, and (or) remove any numbness, paralysis, and breathing problems.
The learning curve of the df forums should be equal to that of df itself.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: July 12, 2010, 09:02:41 pm »

That is not possible with a syndrome. You could use
[SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:ALL]
[TL_HEALING_RATE:1]
at the bottom of the creature file to heal tissue much faster. You could also use [PHYS_ATT_RANGE:RECUPERATION:5000:5000:5000:5000:5000:5000:5000] to assist.
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

Rube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 13, 2010, 04:32:49 am »

Hello all! I have two questions, apologies if they've been answered before but I couldn't find anything on them;

1. Does the relsize of a non-grasp/stance body-part affect anything other than the chance of it being hit?

I ask because I want to try and fudge aimed attacks by setting relsizes high for things that would realistically be aimed at during combat, such as the head. If Dwarves had [relsize:1000] heads, would this change anything other than the chance of it being hit? Would they have problems balancing with those ridiculous bobbleheads?

2. I've changed the neck so it's a [joint] of the throat. This means when you go to strangle someone you also have the option of breaking their neck. It's really satisfying.

It's also not as fatal as I'd hoped. I've added the [circulation],[breathe] and [nervous] tags to the neck, but none of these seem to trigger from a wrestling break. I also tried sitting the throat on the upperbody, and the head on the throat, in the hopes that breaking the body-part connecting the head to the upperbody would do something. It didn't.

Is there any way to make a joint-break fatal or permanently disibilitating? I'm guessing the answer to this is no, but I thought I'd throw it out there in case anyone knew of a clever work-around.

Thanks for your time and any answers!

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: July 13, 2010, 05:07:39 am »

Hello all! I have two questions, apologies if they've been answered before but I couldn't find anything on them;

1. Does the relsize of a non-grasp/stance body-part affect anything other than the chance of it being hit?

I ask because I want to try and fudge aimed attacks by setting relsizes high for things that would realistically be aimed at during combat, such as the head. If Dwarves had [relsize:1000] heads, would this change anything other than the chance of it being hit? Would they have problems balancing with those ridiculous bobbleheads?
Relative sizes also affect butchering outcomes. I don't think it'll affect their balance or anything, but I'm not certain. Body parts seem very abstract from the raws, so I don't imagine that it would.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #521 on: July 13, 2010, 11:50:30 am »

Hey all. There's no weapon balance forum, yeah?
I just did some arena testing of how crap elven wooden sword and spear are.
Or how great robes and cloaks are. I have *spreadsheets*!

The wooden sword puniness got my attention in elf sword adventurer fight.
So I set up an arena, with 11 "skilled swordsman elves" using larch long swords and some fiber clothes (no shoes).

I imported log into OpenOffice spreadsheet so can separate into sortable columns at comma and '. Before import, I texteditor-replaced "through" into ",through". Also ",in the".

255 instances of cloth deflecting an attack and 65 instances of damage getting through cloth.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 11:53:37 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

soul4hdwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 13, 2010, 01:06:55 pm »

Hey all. There's no weapon balance forum, yeah?
I just did some arena testing of how crap elven wooden sword and spear are.
Or how great robes and cloaks are. I have *spreadsheets*!

The wooden sword puniness got my attention in elf sword adventurer fight.
So I set up an arena, with 11 "skilled swordsman elves" using larch long swords and some fiber clothes (no shoes).

I imported log into OpenOffice spreadsheet so can separate into sortable columns at comma and '. Before import, I texteditor-replaced "through" into ",through". Also ",in the".

255 instances of cloth deflecting an attack and 65 instances of damage getting through cloth.

it is right here but forgotten http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=53100.0
was sorta a "here toady is your math in work" but is now outdated (and likely your information except for the robes which is already known...) due to the version 31.10 (actualy 31.09 but 10 was a hotfix)

Toast024

• Bay Watcher
  • Goes good with jam or butter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 14, 2010, 08:27:07 pm »

I am working on a syndrome, and I want to make sure that the long turn effects work, however the creature that gets injected with the poisen (into the blood) bleeds to death from the wound before the effects take place. Is there a token that stops creatures from bleeding to death.
The learning curve of the df forums should be equal to that of df itself.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #524 on: July 14, 2010, 08:39:17 pm »

I am working on a syndrome, and I want to make sure that the long turn effects work, however the creature that gets injected with the poisen (into the blood) bleeds to death from the wound before the effects take place. Is there a token that stops creatures from bleeding to death.

Try removing the lines    
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:BLOOD_TEMPLATE]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:LIQUID]
and [TL_MAJOR_ARTERIES]. I haven't tested removing blood. Heart should still be there from the basic humanoid or quadruped template.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 357