Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 420078 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #495 on: July 07, 2010, 12:39:41 pm »

Thanks for the help. :D
Glad I could help!

So now my first problem is that in the object testing arena I see my created creature can definitely breathe fire on its own. The only problem though is that when I take control of the character I can't figure out how to actually make it breathe fire.
Unfortunately, you can't use fire- and material breath abilities in adventure mode or when possessing arena mode creatures.

Of note, I believe the maximum for attributes is 5000. Higher attributes might make calculations problematic.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

lanp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: July 07, 2010, 01:13:10 pm »

Thanks for the help. :D
Glad I could help!

So now my first problem is that in the object testing arena I see my created creature can definitely breathe fire on its own. The only problem though is that when I take control of the character I can't figure out how to actually make it breathe fire.
Unfortunately, you can't use fire- and material breath abilities in adventure mode or when possessing arena mode creatures.

Of note, I believe the maximum for attributes is 5000. Higher attributes might make calculations problematic.

That's very disappointing. I was relying on that to let me kill bronze colossi. Thanks for the help with the stats however.

Edit: I suppose it could just be luck but...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 01:59:44 pm by lanp »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 08, 2010, 01:38:46 am »

Okay, I have a kind of dumb question, and I hate to derail the thread for this, but it seems like the appropriate place to ask, and I haven't found an answer elsewhere. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places, but if the answer's out there, I can count on the internets to say, "Look over there, n00b." Amongst other things.

Anyway, what I want to do is let my dorfs be able to make longswords. There's no reason that they should have to try to import them from the Humans, as they are supposed to be insanely good smiths. Also, I like swords, and desire more of them.

I didn't find the reactions for making items in the raws anywhere, and there was no info on the wiki about this. So, here I am. Rock you like a hurricane. Whaddya say, folks? Is it possible?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: July 08, 2010, 05:17:59 am »

To allow dwarves to make longswords, you have to add

[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_LONG]

to the dwarf entry in the entity file. Do note that it is possible that some dwarves may turn out too small to wield longswords, or might have to wield them two-handed. I believe that this requires to generate a new world, though.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: July 08, 2010, 09:41:10 am »

I know this is dumb and I'm sure I overlooked it somewhere, but can you make a new ammo type, like a larger bolt for an arbalest-like weapon?
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #500 on: July 08, 2010, 11:05:01 am »

Yes, quite easily.  Just look in item_ammo.
Also known as Zuhayr.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 08, 2010, 12:24:03 pm »

Schweet, thanks guys! Longswords, hoooooo!

(Also, I expected them to be two handed, so that's ok.)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 10, 2010, 11:34:22 pm »

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:MAKE_SHARP_ROCK]
[NAME:make sharp rock]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:tool stone:1:ROCK:NONE:NONE:NONE][NO_EDGE_ALLOWED]
[REAGENT:hammerstone:1:ROCK:NONE:NONE:NONE][PRESERVE_REAGENT][NO_EDGE_ALLOWED]
[PRODUCT:100:1:ROCK:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:tool stone:NONE][FORCE_EDGE]
[SKILL:KNAPPING]

found this in other reactions.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

lanp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 11, 2010, 12:22:45 am »

I'm looking to create a new body part but can't quite get it right. One easy way around having to create this new body part would be if I could somehow disable a creature from using wrestling. It constantly tries to just grab at bronze colossi which does nothing.

Basically I'd just like to replace hands and fingers with giant block like appendages. Kind of like in this picture:

If anyone knows how to disable wrestling or how to create that body part so my creature will stop grabbing things it can't strangle I'd be really grateful.

Thanks in advance.

TheSummoner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 11, 2010, 02:16:45 am »

I'm trying to make a sort of undead army as a siege race.  At the very least, it would have castes for Skeletons and Zombies, and possibly some other kinds once I get those first two working.

Here is the creature so far...

(This part is also required... its a substitute brain/heart organ that goes in the chest... in theory, even beheading these things won't immediatly stop them.  I'll probably make the core larger because the skeletons seem almost invulnerable from my "undermine the dark tower while they're in it" tests)

Essentially, what I've done is taken the human and separated it into castes with zombie being relatively unchanged and skeleton removing several organs.  The Zombies appear to be working fine, but whenever I try to examine the skeletons (v -> z), the game crashes.  Does anyone know why this may be and how to fix it?  I've already removed the descriptors for skeleton parts, so I'm really not sure...

coinich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 12, 2010, 09:48:28 am »

If I create a custom workshop to train certain skills, and then add it to my save raws, upon reloading will the workshop be available to me?

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: July 12, 2010, 10:03:04 am »

No. It should work if you edited an existing custom workshop though.
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

coinich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 12, 2010, 10:05:00 am »

Bah, thanks.

TheSummoner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 12, 2010, 01:18:25 pm »

Just a note, I've fixed my above problem.  My undead army has Skeletons, Zombies and Ghouls.

They'll eat your babies.

Jordrake

• Bay Watcher
  • Swabbie-Poet of the Good Ship Urist
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 12, 2010, 01:25:51 pm »

Quick question in concerns to modding ranged weapons, and weapons in general, can anyone tell me the meanings of this little string?

[ATTACK:EDGE:2:2000:stab:stabs:NO_SUB:1000]

That particular example is from bolts. Any additional informations on modifying weapons will be appreciated.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 357