Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 420109 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #480 on: July 05, 2010, 03:11:28 am »

Does anyone know the item token and if applicable the subtype of mechanisms? Are they just MECHANISM? Nothing's in the string dump, so I'm not sure, I'll do some testing.
It's TRAPPARTS. There are no subtypes.

But the first question still applies :P. It doesn't seem to cause any problems if I don't include it on the toad race with only Male/Female castes.
It's because the game uses the caste name in certain cases, and if there is no caste name, the creature will be known as a 'nothing'. You should be able to see it in the arena when paging through the creature list, or in Legends mode at least. Yeah, it would make sense for the caste name to default to the creature name, but it doesn't.

Edit: zlurker, your creature in the last post with the entity in the first post should work. I just genned a successful world with those guys, but do note that you have the wrong creature in that entity write-up. If you continue to have problems with these guys, increase the number of non-mountain caves in worldgen, to make sure that there are savannah caves. What world size are you trying to generate?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 04:17:44 am by Knight Otu »
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 05, 2010, 06:57:31 pm »

Could you be a bit more specific about which reply #'s you used? Also what's wrong with the creature part in the entity? I've only been doing this for like four days so I'm not going to get AHA! moments like some probably would. And I've been choosing 'Create New World Now!' on the main menu. I tried 'Design New World With Parameters' as well but was so confused by all the stuff I gave up after a couple tries. How do you increase the number of mountains that generate anyways? Oh, I've used the Object Testing Arena and the dragons seem to fight and breathe fire at one another at least. Is it normal for child forms of creatures to show up though?

Well I tried the first entity post I did with the last creature one and nothing came of it still. Kind've figured that would happen though. On another note I should probably get rid of their ability to use/produce weapons since I plan to give them bite/claw/tail attacks which make such unnecessary but I plan on keeping the armor and renaming it 'barding' to be more themely. o_O

Edit: Holy crap I edited one of the maps to have 400 non-mountain caves and it finally let me embark. My dragons are there, too, so I guess I'll play a bit and see how it goes.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 12:26:13 am by zlurker »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: July 06, 2010, 04:45:22 am »

Also what's wrong with the creature part in the entity?
You have [CREATURE:DRAGON] rather than [CREATURE:DRAGON_CIVIL] in there.

And I've been choosing 'Create New World Now!' on the main menu.
Ah, yes, I believe that creates a medium island map. Those have a grand total of 10 non-mountain caves. Try Medium Region, that should generally create enough caves for at least one dragon civ. If not, you can increase that a bit.

How do you increase the number of mountains that generate anyways?

Oh, I've used the Object Testing Arena and the dragons seem to fight and breathe fire at one another at least. Is it normal for child forms of creatures to show up though?
Not really, no. Haven't really seen that happening, though I heard that arena creatures generally aren't much past the adult age.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: July 06, 2010, 12:39:42 pm »

Well I managed to get the civ to spawn in a large region after upping the non_mountain cave count to like 400. It seems kinda silly but.. oh well. I was intending to remove their access to weapons since dragons have nasty bites and I wanted to give them additional claw/tail attacks but after reading it seems as though these methods won't do nearly as much damage as weapons? Or am I wrong? Oh, how do I rename armor? I want it to read 'material barding' since it's more fitting given they're quadrapeds and stuff. And I was wrong about the testing area. That was the 'adult' and 'wyrm' or 1000-year-old forms, not child and adult. My bad. D:
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 12:48:28 pm by zlurker »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 06, 2010, 01:38:25 pm »

If I remember, the item syntax is:

[adjective] [material] [name of item]

"menacing iron spike", for example.

Adjective is a item-tag you can add to weapons and other things.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 06, 2010, 03:11:48 pm »

I didn't see anything about adding adjectives but I changed the names of the armor to barding at least so that's done anyways. That still leaves the question about whether to let them use weapons or not though but considering how splatty dragons make dorfs normally I suppose they might not need them. Especially if I can figure out how to give them the Bite skill.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 06, 2010, 04:44:11 pm »

I believe it's [ADJ:adjective] tag.

On other hand, I'm still with 40d sooo maybe it's gone in 0.31?
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: July 06, 2010, 05:31:13 pm »

On other hand, I'm still with 40d sooo maybe it's gone in 0.31?

Yeah, that would probably have a big effect.. o_O

« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 08:12:09 pm by zlurker »

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: July 06, 2010, 08:13:26 pm »

Oh man I just unpaused my game and all the dragons gave this announcement about being 'too injured' to do anything. Anyone have any idea what could be wrong? I don't see how they could be considering the thing JUST started. I just literally finished assiging the miners to do their stuff, unpaused and BAM, 21 page announcement just filled with 'so and so' canceled job; 'too injured'.

EDIT 1: Did another world gen, happened on that one too. After all the flailing to get the game to stop rejecting every map this is a real killer. :/

EDIT 2: I guess it'd probably help to put up a copy of my creature_standard entry. So, here it is:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 11:37:32 pm by zlurker »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: July 07, 2010, 07:58:40 am »

Ah, yes, that's probably because your dragons have nothing to grasp any tools with and the like. If you want them to use their forelimbs, try this body:

Code: [Select]
[BODY:QUADRUPED_GRASP]
[BP:UB:upper body:upper bodies][UPPERBODY][CATEGORY:BODY_UPPER]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:1000]
[BP:LB:lower body:lower bodies][CON:UB][LOWERBODY][CATEGORY:BODY_LOWER]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:1000]
[BP:HD:head:STP][CON:UB][HEAD][CATEGORY:HEAD]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:300]
[BP:RA:right front leg:STP][CON:UB][LIMB][RIGHT][CATEGORY:LEG_FRONT]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:900]
[BP:LA:left front leg:STP][CON:UB][LIMB][LEFT][CATEGORY:LEG_FRONT]
[BP:RH:right front foot:right front feet][CON:RA][STANCE][GRASP][RIGHT][CATEGORY:FOOT_FRONT]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:120]
[BP:LH:left front foot:left front feet][CON:LA][STANCE][GRASP][LEFT][CATEGORY:FOOT_FRONT]
[BP:RL:right rear leg:STP][CON:LB][LIMB][RIGHT][CATEGORY:LEG_REAR]
[BP:LL:left rear leg:STP][CON:LB][LIMB][LEFT][CATEGORY:LEG_REAR]
[BP:RF:right rear foot:right rear feet][CON:RL][STANCE][RIGHT][CATEGORY:FOOT_REAR]
[BP:LF:left rear foot:left rear feet][CON:LL][STANCE][LEFT][CATEGORY:FOOT_REAR]
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #490 on: July 07, 2010, 10:49:01 am »

Belatedly, the token is [ADJECTIVE:adjective] and it only applies to weapons.
Also known as Zuhayr.

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 07, 2010, 11:00:53 am »

I put in your bit of body structure stuff but now the game ends up imploding when it's on positioning the last civilization to begin a new world map.. which isn't at all good. >.o Trying to use one of them I already made doesn't seem to fix their injury problem either so I'm imagining this requires a new world. Could you please put up a copy of how it should look in either a spoiler or PM it to me? I've only been at this a week now and probably just didn't put it in the right location or something. This is what I did:

« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 11:02:31 am by zlurker »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 07, 2010, 11:09:12 am »

Oy, sorry about that. The stuff I posted should go into a body file. In your case, best paste it at the end of body_default.txt. The creature part should then look like this:

Code: [Select]
[BODY:QUADRUPED_GRASP:TAIL:2EYES:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:4TOES_FQ:4TOES_RQ:MOUTH:GENERIC_TEETH_WITH_LARGE_EYE_TEETH:RIBCAGE]
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: July 07, 2010, 11:23:07 am »

Still crashing on me. For being made up of nothing more than 95% notepad files this is really easy to make explode. Or maybe that's why. x_x

Body default entry:

EDIT: Oh hey look I misspelled 'quadrUped' as 'quadrAped'.  Somewhere my Engrish teachers all just died a little inside. On the other hand.. I genned a new world and none of my dragons are flopping around like a fish out of water! Thanks for the help. :D
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 11:36:17 am by zlurker »

lanp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 07, 2010, 11:40:33 am »

I'm trying to create a god mode character to mess around with in adventure mode at the moment. So far it has been going pretty well and I've had virtually no problems. So far here is what I have:

entity_default.txt

creature_standard.txt

And because adamantine is normally not heavy enough to be good for making a character out of I changed that too. This is just for adventure mode so I'm not worried about what damage this could cause to fortress mode games.
inorganic_metal.txt

So now my first problem is that in the object testing arena I see my created creature can definitely breathe fire on its own. The only problem though is that when I take control of the character I can't figure out how to actually make it breathe fire. In adventure mode this would make it pretty much useless to have. Does anyone know how I can "activate" the fire breathe attack when I have control over the character?

Also, if anyone has any tips to make this character even more powerful I'd be glad to hear them. I just started "modding" last night with this creature. I copied most of the base stuff from the bronze colossus and dwarves.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 357