Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 421720 times)

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #375 on: June 12, 2010, 05:19:12 pm »

How do I use raw green glass as a reagent?
CivForge mod uses raw green glass as a reagent, have you looked at that one?

what does the modding forum has to say about bone weapons, and getting invaders to use them?
A quick arena check says adding [ITEM_WEAPON] to the bone template doesn't work, probably because there is no default reaction for making weapons out of bone. I don't know whether it's possible to mod a custom reaction to do this: I know you can at least make (no quality) weapons in custom reactions so presumably you can set the material to bone in there. You may want to work around this by making a pseudo-bone material (copy a metal or wood): so long as the game calls it 'bone' do you care that it's actually a metal or wood? Ok so there'd be issues of melting the bone if it's actually a metal. For wood, I suppose you could make it belong to an evil biome and give the invaders [USE_EVIL_PLANTS] (syntax?) but again there'd be issues of finding 'bone trees'.

Once you can make these bone weapons, whether real or fake, getting invaders to use them is easy.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 12, 2010, 06:39:00 pm »

hmmm a fake metal called bone could work... now to extract it from creatures i should need to create a custom reaction

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 12, 2010, 07:18:42 pm »

Oh wait, so you wanted to use those (fake) bone weapons too? In which case, you don't need a custom reaction, you want to change the creature raws so their 'bones' ARE made of metal (named "fake bone"). Then you can forge them into weapons as per normal (you may need to melt the fake bones first).
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

AtomicPaperclip

• Bay Watcher
  • Who names their kid dagger anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 13, 2010, 02:08:20 am »

Should be [BUILDING:REACTOR_FUSION:CUSTOM_A] and [BUILDING:REACTOR_FUSION:CUSTOM_B].  Don't know if that's causing all (or any) of the problems, though.
Booze and food are available again, thx. All the other problems are still there though.
Dear Toady: Keep up the good work man, we appreciate you and the game beyond words.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 13, 2010, 05:25:08 am »

So, I'm trying to replicate the diskworld trolls, basically a humanoid made fully of stone.

I want all tissues other than teeth to be stone, and the teeth should be diamond.

what's the best way to do this?

* Japa tried reading through the thread, but it's all so confusing.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 13, 2010, 12:06:17 pm »

As a diskworld dwarf would tell you: there is no dwarven word for "rock", there is only the full vocabulary of geology. Do you have in mind exactly which rock their tissues to be made of? Alternatively, do you want to define a new "troll tissue rock" (call it in-game whatever you want of course) and use that instead?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 14, 2010, 01:44:07 am »

A caste for each rock type, perhaps?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 14, 2010, 02:23:30 am »

*imagines Realgar Troll marrying a Saltpeter Troll*

DO ET.

And each tooth a different type of diamond!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 14, 2010, 02:24:17 am »

I'm trying to get this plant to only grow individually. However, I keep getting groups of 3/2 tossed in at times.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I was hoping that the CLUSTERSIZE tag would limit it, but it doesn't seem like it is.

Also, if a plant isn't found in a biome that your civilization has access to, then it won't be available at embark, correct?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 14, 2010, 02:27:36 am »

Also, if a plant isn't found in a biome that your civilization has access to, then it won't be available at embark, correct?

Correct.

No clue about the more-than-supposed amount of plants, but I think that your Great Master Herbalist will know :P

I'm not sure of that.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 14, 2010, 02:50:25 am »

Correct.

No clue about the more-than-supposed amount of plants, but I think that your Great Master Herbalist will know :P

I'm not sure of that.
I had searched a bit more, and it's apparently a pretty old "problem". It might only relate to wild plants only, while skill and fertilizer relate to farm-planted sizes.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 14, 2010, 09:25:26 am »

I assume it's not strictly necessary to load each rock type in as a creature material so you'd be adding each tissue by hand (instead of loading standard tissues template) per caste and setting its material to a rock I suppose. You'll need to find someone more experienced for detailed advice.

Urist McPenguin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 19, 2010, 02:26:37 am »

How would one go about changing the embark values? Namely the number of starting dwarves. I want to do some challenge forts that I haven't done before, but short of walling them away from food/drink and letting them die, there isn't a way (that I know of) to use less then the 7 dwarves. On that same note, can the value be increased? Starting with a dozen xenophobic dwarves who kill all migrants could be... interesting ;)

warriorofala

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 19, 2010, 12:42:17 pm »

Question:

Does the [NOSKIN] tag still work in DF2010? I'm trying to limit which creatures can be used to make leather stuff (cows, etc.) but I'm still seeing dog and cat leather items in the embark screen.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 19, 2010, 03:23:23 pm »

i think you'll have to mess with tissues and materials, now. can't help you, tough.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 357