Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 421676 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #345 on: May 26, 2010, 11:25:23 am »

The problem is probably that the game doesn't know how to find Golden Salve that's in containers. It's a known issue, confirmed by Toady. Lye is the only thing the game knows how to go find in barrels (it even has its own specific tag)

So, right now, you can't really use extracts for anything except trade goods.

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToaHero92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 26, 2010, 02:06:32 pm »

Well I need to finish making them have metal skin,
Here is your metal skin (and bones and coloration and healing and no boiling/melting LOL)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Please Enjoy

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 26, 2010, 02:32:03 pm »

Will that work fine? I mean, you declare tissues after you use them in body detail plan.

Also wouldn't
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:ADAMANTINE]
replace all tissues with the adamantine tissue?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

ToaHero92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 26, 2010, 02:48:08 pm »

@ Deon
Yeah it would replace it all, but that is only if you want to never die or get injured or anything ever again.
(now where is the fun in that?) I just use the skin and bones so that my dwarves can punch THROUGH people but can have all their tendons and such become broken. I have had 1 dwarf breach hell, survive, kill all the demons, only to starve to death cuz his muscles were mush

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 26, 2010, 04:53:13 pm »

The problem is probably that the game doesn't know how to find Golden Salve that's in containers. It's a known issue, confirmed by Toady. Lye is the only thing the game knows how to go find in barrels (it even has its own specific tag)

Is it possible to modify golden salve to be soap?
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 26, 2010, 05:06:35 pm »

Hmm...should be possible.

You might need to make a new EXTRACT template, though, since I think the standard PLANT_EXTRACT_TEMPLATE is liquid at room temperature. Plus, you'd have to change it so that it isn't stored in a flask.

But, yes, I think it's doable.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 26, 2010, 05:19:52 pm »

Is it possible to modify golden salve to be soap?
Hmm...should be possible.
You might need to make a new EXTRACT template, though, since I think the standard PLANT_EXTRACT_TEMPLATE is liquid at room temperature. Plus, you'd have to change it so that it isn't stored in a flask.
But, yes, I think it's doable.

I will work on this as well. Soap is unattainable to me, and I've been trying to make an alternate reaction ever since. If I come up with anything, I will post it.
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 26, 2010, 05:37:23 pm »

Last I tried soap was kinda borked anyway.  If soap is present in the fortress dirty residents will start grabbing it to go clean themselves off, but something messes up and they just output that they can't find a path and put the soap back down....then they immediately grab it again to try again spamming the message log.

That was a version or two ago, but I didn't see anything saying it was fixed.  I'll try real quick and see what happens.

EDIT: Another siege.  Chances of anything happening quickly has just gone out the window.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 05:52:36 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 26, 2010, 07:28:05 pm »

Last I tried soap was kinda borked anyway.  If soap is present in the fortress dirty residents will start grabbing it to go clean themselves off, but something messes up and they just output that they can't find a path and put the soap back down....then they immediately grab it again to try again spamming the message log.

That was a version or two ago, but I didn't see anything saying it was fixed.  I'll try real quick and see what happens.

EDIT: Another siege.  Chances of anything happening quickly has just gone out the window.

How exactly were you planning on getting them dirty?

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 26, 2010, 08:18:04 pm »

How exactly were you planning on getting them dirty?
EDIT: Another siege.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 26, 2010, 10:00:01 pm »

Ok, after testing (Test included getting a puppy soaked in it's own blood by dropping it onto a menacing spike from 2 z levels up.  Science at it's finest.)  It seems that it does indeed still happen with animals.  The puppy wandered over to the soap stockpile half conscious picked up some soap, dropped it and spammed the log with 'Stray Puppy (Tame) cancels Clean Self: Area inaccessible.'  It only did it two or three times before it gives up for a little while, but it seems to try again once per day.

After dropping some poor clerk onto the spike using retracting bridges and multiple tries before he would actually fall in a direction resembling down.  He didn't bother with the soap in the least, instead just opting to go to the hospital for some good old post siege hospital overload malpractice.  He died from infection soon after getting some really shiny adamantine sutures.

So from my testing... I can't get anybody but the animals to even acknowledge the existence of the soap.  And when they do they pick it up in their mouth, I assume not like the taste and then spit it out.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 10:03:12 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 27, 2010, 12:20:35 am »

hey guys. Am I suposed to put my mods in a seperate txt file or near the other creatures. they are in a seperate file but they don't work. Oh and can you guys tell me how to make lightning? ;D

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 27, 2010, 09:33:34 am »

You can just put all your changes in the existing files, the game won't freak out at you, it's just bad practice.  If you decide to release a mod that way though folks probably will freak out at you ;)

As for getting the files working, for some reason mine never work unless the filename starts the same way as the vanilla files.  For example, if you have a new entity name the text file something like "entity_greimod.txt"  Creatures are "creature_greimod.txt" and so on and so fourth.   Inside the txt file remember to place the headers as well.  the name of the file on the first line, followed by the [OBJECT:<TYPE>] tag (usually found on the third line)that tells the game what kind of data it's looking at.

As for lightning I tried to so something like that but couldn't find a good way to do it.  in 40d I did a lightning attack by just making a high power regular attack that looked like lightning.  In .31 I can't seem to do it that way.  And the closest I seem to be able to do with breath attacks is a puff of 'electric gas' that stuns when inhaled.   The closest to an actual lightning bolt would be making a materiel called lightning and having the creature fire solid globs of it.  But then your "spinning globs of lightning" would clearly be doing bludgeoning damage.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 27, 2010, 02:18:03 pm »

OH. wHELL i HAVE THIS RACE CALLED THE VALOR...oh crap forgot to turn caps lock of...Ok so they are the valor and I just basicaly copy pasterd the dwarf thing in the entities and chainged it a bit. I am also soposed to have a creature called the valor but it dosen't show up anywhere. I did all the things and am keeping my fingers crossed but they just dont pop up.

I'l keep on trying.

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 08, 2010, 10:56:07 pm »

Well I'm completley new to modding, I only tried it because it looked (deceptively) easy. However, by following advice from here and the wiki, I was able to successfully mod in my first custom race. I've managed to get it to work so far, but one problem I can't figure out is equipment. I can't get my custom race to wear any clothing they find. Now according to the wiki, the EQUIPS token lets a wear and wield items. Yet it doesn't seem to be working. My custom species is essentially the same as a human. Same body size, just with two extra arms, skin swapped for chitin, and wings. I don't know if any of that could be causing the problem.

Anyone know what I might have done wrong?
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 357